Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hoohumm

I don’t know if @Hoohumm said it too, but I voiced the idea a couple of threads back or in the Royal Family tread or both. I think the time is right to give women the same rights in that regard. I think they should have taken the step when they secured her place in the line of succession. It’s long overdue really. And till then the Windsor debacle should be processed and be done with. Apart from my feminist standpoint in that case, I will say I would also be extremely schadenfroh to see all the Cambridge children styled as Duke and Duchess in their own rights. I can only imagine the drama going down with Charlotte holding a Dukedom and Doriana only being a Lady (if even).
I didn't but I think that's a great idea!

Reactions: 10

Great_Kate

VIP Member
Yes William honoured his father, mother and grandmother in one go. And of course George for TQ's father and Louis for Charles' uncle. In an interview Mike Tindall years ago said when Zara due with first child (few months older than George), they were discreetly given a list of names not to use.
I think this might have been true for the first name short list. So George and Charlotte. But as the Cambridges even recycled George’s third name for their second son, I really don’t think they would have been annoyed with an Elizabeth or Alexander. I am still surprised we haven’t seen an Philip earlier or Albert.
Archie is actually used quite a bit in the UK. It was even in the top 20 in 2017. It was just new to the Royal family, but that’s actually not that unusual. Zara, Mia, Lena, Lucas, August (Hawke!!!). Harrison though is obviously us-American as this kind of using family names as first names has (thankfully) not made it here.

Reactions: 10

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
That's my point, they were given a list so they knew which main namecto avoid - George.
Isn't George 6 or 7 months older than Mia though, so the Cambridges were always going to use whatever names they wanted to long before Mia arrived? I highly doubt they had names picked out for possible child #2 and possible child #3 years in the future and told the Tindalls they couldn't use them at any point. George's naming was always the most significant in any case being future King of the House of Windsor.

Reactions: 9

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Could someone confirm this for me: do the people that marry the lesser known royals (maybe a better description is royals that are part of the core family but basically have zero chance of ascending the throne) get any titles, and do their children? My understanding is that it's a no but I'd love to hear from the experts here. For example, Jack Brooksbank and Edo Mapelli Mozzi both remain titleless upon their marriages even though they're married to blood princesses and and their children will also not have titles? And I am assuming that anyone that marries the children of Prince Edward will also remain titleless as will their children.

Reactions: 8

Boring Monday

VIP Member
George is older than Mia, so it wouldn't have been an issue? In any case, if Mia had been older than George, the Tindalls seem to be respectful enough to the Monarchy (and Zara's cousin, William) that they wouldn't have even thought of using George or Elizabeth as they would have known that the Cambridge's first born would be King or Queen so one of those would have been used. Using Elizabeth as a second name for Lena a few years down the track is different.
They have a very small pool of ‘official’ names to pick from and middle names for one child are often re-used as the first name for a sibling - Prince Andrew has Edward as one of his middle names. Louis is fairly ubiquitous (as Albert was and I imagine Philip will be) with Prince George including it in his line up. I don’t think a cousin taking a middle name would be that much of a big deal really.

vp79

New Behaviour Panel video analysing H's interview with Oprah for those that are interested. I haven't watched it all yet but they've already talked about his anger issues, no surprise there!