Happy Valley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I searched for a thread by title but couldn't find one - I've just binged watched this and there's series 3 coming soon.

Series 1 - The first episode reminded me of Fargo (film) and it went a similar theme for a while. I did really enjoy it, the acting was top quality and it was gritty for the BBC. Much better than all those Scandinavian Noir shows people were obsessed with around that time it came out. There's wasn't a weak link in the cast and the pacing was perfect.

Series 2 - I liked it but didn't really feel it properly picked up until the last few episodes. There were a lot of sub-plots going on this time around and some of them went nowhere. Also some of the casting choices were a bit hmmmm (Moaning Myrtle and Neville Longbottom) but I guess they were trying to break out the Harry Potter roles back then. And I found Tommy pulling the strings from prison a bit panto villain at times. For the most part the acting was great and it held my attention.

Did people enjoy the series as a whole?

What do you want from series 3?

Reactions: 17
I’m looking forward to the next season. I think Sarah Lancashire is perfect as Catherine and I’m fully invested in the outcome.

Reactions: 15
It will be better now the Grandson is a teenager. He got annoying at times as the kid! At least there will be a clearer focus on how he feels about his Dad

Reactions: 11
Really looking forward this - a great cast, love Sarah Lancashire and Siobhan Finneran in anything. It's filmed close to where I come from originally, so also enjoy all the backdrops.

Reactions: 11
Oh that would be great, but as it's the last series, not sure if they will?
I suppose they've been hyping it up, but they did it with The Outlaws which was popular as well. It's hard to say with the BBC. But seen as Monday and Tuesday are dead days I'm hoping they do

Reactions: 3
The return of Tommy Royce awaits us :oops:
He was a brilliant character, looking forward to the series.

Reactions: 6
I just watched the first two series and loved it. Not sure why I missed it first time around. I thought I'd struggle as anyone who's seen 'Rita, Sue and Bob too' might but that soon passed. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.