Happy Valley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m gutted it’s not until 9pm and they’re doing one episode at a time. I wanted to binge the whole series today!

Reactions: 5
Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds
Is Ryan visiting? What’s with the street pharmaceuticals? What’s with the teacher?

Reactions: 7
Really liked the first ep but wish we didn’t have to wait a week for the next one! Could easily binge the whole series tonight

Reactions: 6
Oh that was great, really glad it’s back but I was late to finding the first two series (still over 3 years since I watched them I think) and so I’m really gutted I have to wait a whole week until the next episode! Loved that first scene when she rocked up at the reservoir and had it sussed 😂

Reactions: 10
That was a ride, wasn’t it? Fantastic acting by Sarah Lancashire.

She’s famous in US now, in a series out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Brilliant - really enjoyed that! Sarah Lancashire is an amazing actress and plays the role so well. Really dislike the teacher. Can’t wait for next episode!

Reactions: 10
Slightly spoilerish talk for S3E1 - Who do we think took Ryan to visit Tommy Lee Royce? It’s looking like Clare and her new partner as she knew TLR had been moved to Sheffield, but I’m not sure tbh!!

Reactions: 6
Definitely worth the wait! Fantastic first episode
Strange to think George Costigan and Siobhan Finneran were both in Rita Sue and Bob too!

Reactions: 13
Slightly spoilerish talk for S3E1 - Who do we think took Ryan to visit Tommy Lee Royce? It’s looking like Clare and her new partner as she knew TLR had been moved to Sheffield, but I’m not sure tbh!!
I think it must be Clare and her boyfriend - when Clare told Catherine that Ryan had confided in her about what the PE teacher said to him, I think that was a bit of indirect foreshadowing, just to show that Ryan trusts her to keep secrets

Such a great first episode. I love how the crime side plot is just as gripping as the main story. I like how they've made Ann and Daniel a couple too, as there was a bit of chemistry between them in that one scene they had in the last series

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I searched for a thread by title but couldn't find one - I've just binged watched this and there's series 3 coming soon.

Series 1 - The first episode reminded me of Fargo (film) and it went a similar theme for a while. I did really enjoy it, the acting was top quality and it was gritty for the BBC. Much better than all those Scandinavian Noir shows people were obsessed with around that time it came out. There's wasn't a weak link in the cast and the pacing was perfect.

Series 2 - I liked it but didn't really feel it properly picked up until the last few episodes. There were a lot of sub-plots going on this time around and some of them went nowhere. Also some of the casting choices were a bit hmmmm (Moaning Myrtle and Neville Longbottom) but I guess they were trying to break out the Harry Potter roles back then. And I found Tommy pulling the strings from prison a bit panto villain at times. For the most part the acting was great and it held my attention.

Did people enjoy the series as a whole?

What do you want from series 3?
I couldn't agree more with this! I rewatched the first two series last week in readiness for the new one (which I incidentally haven't yet watched). It's bloody brilliant but I agree - series 2 took little bit more effort for me and on second viewing I found Shirley Henderson's character as deeply aggravating as the first time around and I'm not convinced that was the intention.

Reactions: 4
Just finished episode 1. Absolutely fantastic. Sarah Lancashire is an incredible actor and the writing is wonderful. Can’t wait until next week but I think I’m going to rewatch the other two series this week.

And he looks quite hot with long hair :love:
Reminded me a bit of Tom Hardy at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.