Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I know it had to happen for the purposes of plot, but I’ve been irritated all day by the fact that the school didn’t contact Claire or Catherine when Ryan didn’t arrive at school - it’s a basic safeguarding requirement: all school needs to follow up if a pupil doesn’t turn up as, truanting aside, they could have been involved in an accident en route to school.

Reactions: 50

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Richard isn’t much of an investigative reporter if he doesn’t notice he’s in the same room as his own grandson

• Haha
Reactions: 46

bellinibobble

VIP Member
It’s just so believable!! I don’t know if it’s because I’m from Yorkshire and it seems even more familiar but we left bbc1 on after and when the news started for a split second I genuinely thought that TLR’s jailbreak would be the headline story 🫣🫣 ffs I’m clearly cracking up. Can’t wind down for ages on a Sunday night and no doubt I’ll sleep terribly tonight dreaming about criminals 🤣

ETA
Ok I’m now howling at this. U.K. Twitter when there’s a prime time tv show on is just the best. Imagine if it was all released at once and everyone was watching at different paces. Just wouldn’t be the same.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

stacelou85

Chatty Member
I've been to Hebden bridge today to Catherine's house....

I wasn't the only sad bastard going for a look either 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Aussie

VIP Member
I've never watched Neil in anything else but does he always talk like he needs a pack of soothers!?

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Warpaint

VIP Member
I’m really disappointed that it’s Claire!

Unless she’s being forced to go there for some reason.
I was thinking, when Catherine met her ex husband in the cafe she was listing all the businesses the Knesovich's (sp) ran and mentioned newsagents. Maybe they own the one Neil works at - Tommy somehow found out he worked there and how he was linked with the Cawood's and as a bargaining chip for him taking the rap for the murder that the gangster family member was involved in, he asked to see Ryan in return. So the Knesovich (sp)family could be forcing them that way

• Wow
Reactions: 38

Warpaint

VIP Member
I'm thinking Ann Gallagher will have some sort of a showdown with Tommy. Her character has been a bit weird this series and I think it will be something to give her closure.

• Sad
Reactions: 36

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Evil Faisal 😂
As much as I want the husband to go down, I do hope Faisal gets his just desserts for the things he’s done (one way or another).
Bloody love Evil Faisal. He's so much cooler now he's a calm collected murderer, much better than that bumbling idiot tripping over sheep like he was before 😂

• Haha

mchammerr

VIP Member
If Catherine dies I will simply be complaining to off com. Or whoever you complain to! 🤣 I’m still not over the ending of Unforgotton.

• Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
They definitely did the right thing not releasing it all on the iPlayer at once. It's great to talk about it with other viewers and anticipate the next episode.

Though it's interesting because the BBC has said it sees streaming as the future, hence they commonly release new series as full boxsets but when it comes to big shows like Line of Duty and Happy Valley they stick to the once a week format. Shows it still works!

• Heart
Reactions: 33

9Pine

VIP Member
I thought the writing (and obviously the acting) last night was sublime in the scenes with Catherine & Clare in the cafe and then Catherine & Ryan in the doorstep. Ryan mentioning his tea was getting cold and Catherine dismissing it because it was only stew! I’m definitely going to rewatch it. Sarah Lancashire deserves every accolade going.

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
James Norton was on Graham Norton last night and he told a story about how a woman once went up to him and said, “Ooh that Tommy Lee Royce. He sure makes my valley happy…” 😂

• Haha

Lunagooner

VIP Member
I think she probably was charged with manslaughter. She did say she was at a open prison. I do wonder if she got a more lenient sentence due to what happened to her by her dad??
She also said she's on licence which made me worry when Catherine didn't pay for parking when she parked her truck😬

• Haha
Reactions: 30