Hannah Ricketts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also are harrods asking people to wear them? If not then I don't really see that she did anything wrong.
At the time of that video the mask restrictions had *just* been lifted, all while cases were still very high (and at the time, continuing to rise). A general public consensus, as evident when you went to shops, was to continue wearing masks. I’d say 1 in 10 didn’t a few weeks ago. Yep, she didn’t break any rules, but also she’s an ‘influencer’ so the question of morals comes into play. Perhaps she’s anti-mask, who knows, but with her note on the video it did seem like she knew she would get flack for it.

Reactions: 2
Have recently discovered Hannah’s channel and really enjoying the vlogs whilst waiting for work on my zero hour contract (😞). Love her cheery demeanour and London tour. Am curious (and nosy, not going to lie!) about how she sustains her seemingly fabulous life in London.
Afaik (not my business) she is single, but how did she buy this flat alone AND have such a great standard of living?
I may be projecting as money is v v tight for me atm, but even without the beautiful flat (ie even if it were a free home with no bills for example), I can’t imagine having the budget for shopping trips and meals out galore, new Jo Malone products regularly, seemingly endless hair and makeup budget, treats here there and everywhere etc etc.
Do any of you have this budget if you live alone (and if so, please tell me what job you do as I am considering retraining as I did a silly “Mickey Mouse” degree, apparently!).
Good on her though- living the life- it looks like she’s enjoying life to the max. This is honestly NOT a criticism and I will continue to enjoy her vlogs. About to start on the Disney ones!!
I also love her charcoal grey sofa; if anyone knows where she got it from?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have recently discovered Hannah’s channel and really enjoying the vlogs whilst waiting for work on my zero hour contract (😞). Love her cheery demeanour and London tour. Am curious (and nosy, not going to lie!) about how she sustains her seemingly fabulous life in London.
Afaik (not my business) she is single, but how did she buy this flat alone AND have such a great standard of living?
I may be projecting as money is v v tight for me atm, but even without the beautiful flat (ie even if it were a free home with no bills for example), I can’t imagine having the budget for shopping trips and meals out galore, new Jo Malone products regularly, seemingly endless hair and makeup budget, treats here there and everywhere etc etc.
Do any of you have this budget if you live alone (and if so, please tell me what job you do as I am considering retraining as I did a silly “Mickey Mouse” degree, apparently!).
Good on her though- living the life- it looks like she’s enjoying life to the max. This is honestly NOT a criticism and I will continue to enjoy her vlogs. About to start on the Disney ones!!
She must have family money.

Interesting you mention this. I just came across her channel too. I was actually looking for a tour of Harrods and her vlogs popped up. I was scrolling through her Xmas vlogs. In one video she was standing by Abbey Road studios and said she lives nearby. That area is quite pricey. She said she has a flat, so if she's got a mortgage (I'm guessing) then maybe she is paying about £1500+ a month for it. I don't know what she does for work exactly, but my guess is she is on £40-50k+ so it would somewhat make sense she could afford to splurge a little. I don't know, but that's my guess.

Reactions: 6
Interesting you mention this. I just came across her channel too. I was actually looking for a tour of Harrods and her vlogs popped up. I was scrolling through her Xmas vlogs. In one video she was standing by Abbey Road studios and said she lives nearby. That area is quite pricey. She said she has a flat, so if she's got a mortgage (I'm guessing) then maybe she is paying about £1500+ a month for it. I don't know what she does for work exactly, but my guess is she is on £40-50k+ so it would somewhat make sense she could afford to splurge a little. I don't know, but that's my guess.
!!!!!??!!!

If her mortgage was £1500 pm there was no way someone on 40-50k in that area could purchase without either a huge inheritance, a lottery win of massive amounts of family help.
For what is worth, i think the family have purchased it , either for her or are letting her stay there.
Oh and if she has £300 to spend on a haircut imho that backs up my statement above

She is definitely very well off and not completely off her own work!! I agree that she must have rich parents or inheritance or something
She lives in one of the poshest areas of london and her spending habits aren’t one of a regular person (she’s out dining in posh restaurants every other day)!
I guess that’s a huge privilege on her part and that’s why she can afford to criticise small businesses or not do lots of sponsored content
She doesn’t need it and in some ways that makes her content good and maybe more honest , but in some ways it makes her a bit unrelatable?

well I googled her job and it comes up with that role in the US office. She’s clearly on £80K+ plus bonuses and other things. Those estimates too are away very low when you look them up. One Disney result actually says $128k plus benefits.

I don’t think she’s from money, she worked in a supermarket and mentioned once that she used to have to shop in Asda reduced to clear. I do think she just has a very good job and worked her way up when you see her LinkedIn. She’s from an ok background but I doubt family money when you look at her old vlogs

either way, I do think she’s very down to Earth

Reactions: 7
She is definitely very well off and not completely off her own work!! I agree that she must have rich parents or inheritance or something
She lives in one of the poshest areas of london and her spending habits aren’t one of a regular person (she’s out dining in posh restaurants every other day)!
I guess that’s a huge privilege on her part and that’s why she can afford to criticise small businesses or not do lots of sponsored content
She doesn’t need it and in some ways that makes her content good and maybe more honest , but in some ways it makes her a bit unrelatable?
I find her relatable and don't have the background that people are jumping to conclusions she has. Also even if she is from money, it doesn't make her point about not selling or endorsing knock off disney merchandise any less true. Otherwise you're basically saying if you don't have much money its OK to steal or heavily piggy back on others work. And it's not

Definitely not saying it’s ok , just pointing out that the reason she can say that publicly is because she is not struggling for money so maybe doesn’t understand the other side of it
So many people have small Disney businesses including some forum members here and I personally don’t think it’s that big of a deal!
I know of loads of small shops that literally relied on their Etsy sells to survive lockdowns and I think to bash them is unnecessary and comes from a place of privilege , that’s all
I agree that it is annoying when YouTubers like Yaz and Ash who also are privileged make money from lazy knock off disney merch but there are thousands of others who do it too and clearly Disney themselves don’t seem to mind

Definitely not saying it’s ok , just pointing out that the reason she can say that publicly is because she is not struggling for money so maybe doesn’t understand the other side of it
So many people have small Disney businesses including some forum members here and I personally don’t think it’s that big of a deal!
I know of loads of small shops that literally relied on their Etsy sells to survive lockdowns and I think to bash them is unnecessary and comes from a place of privilege , that’s all
I agree that it is annoying when YouTubers like Yaz and Ash who also are privileged make money from lazy knock off disney merch but there are thousands of others who do it too and clearly Disney themselves don’t seem to mind
I disagree with this. So if someone has a good job they can’t copy things but if they are struggling they can? No one should be ripping off other peoples work. If they are surviving on Etsy sales, they need to find something else to sell then. It’s like singing someone else’s song and releasing it, but it’s ok if they are poor? No

Reactions: 8
Again not my point
Just saying the reason she can say that is because of her privilege
Making Disney inspired merch when Disney is a multi billion company really isn’t such a big deal that needs to be mentioned or scolded like that in my humble opinion
But maybe we can just agree to disagree

Reactions: 1
well I googled her job and it comes up with that role in the US office. She’s clearly on £80K+ plus bonuses and other things. Those estimates too are away very low when you look them up. One Disney result actually says $128k plus benefits.

I don’t think she’s from money, she worked in a supermarket and mentioned once that she used to have to shop in Asda reduced to clear. I do think she just has a very good job and worked her way up when you see her LinkedIn. She’s from an ok background but I doubt family money when you look at her old vlogs

either way, I do think she’s very down to Earth
What job does she have?

!!!!!??!!!

If her mortgage was £1500 pm there was no way someone on 40-50k in that area could purchase without either a huge inheritance, a lottery win of massive amounts of family help.
For what is worth, i think the family have purchased it , either for her or are letting her stay there.
Oh and if she has £300 to spend on a haircut imho that backs up my statement above
To be fair, living in London as a young person can be very tough. I don't know how long she's been in her place, but maybe she was saving up while living with parents. There are plenty young people in London living with parents into their late 20s and 30s. London is ridiculous for property.

Reactions: 3
Her flat is very nice and whatever the area, and whether mortgaged or rented, would be whopping payments per month for a singleton (for me). If I lived there, my salary would probably be eaten up entirely by housing costs and bills, with a bit for food and nothing left each month. Certainly no nails done, clothing and shoes, meals out, possibly even running a car. Also, no expensive hairdos!

I was shocked at the cost of the hair and although it looks lovely, felt a bit sick that one has to pay that much to look decent. The amount of times I’ve paid £85 or so and it’s looked rubbish on me- uneven roots and streak sizes, varying shades of brass etc! I know salons have lots of overheads but that’s a week’s salary for some!

I’d love to be in that situation though, and not struggle (or at the very least be able to afford to live on my own in London), but I suppose that much of this life could be on credit cards, like Mary Forester.

Her flat is very nice and whatever the area, and whether mortgaged or rented, would be whopping payments per month for a singleton (for me). If I lived there, my salary would probably be eaten up entirely by housing costs and bills, with a bit for food and nothing left each month. Certainly no nails done, clothing and shoes, meals out, possibly even running a car. Also, no expensive hairdos!

I was shocked at the cost of the hair and although it looks lovely, felt a bit sick that one has to pay that much to look decent. The amount of times I’ve paid £85 or so and it’s looked rubbish on me- uneven roots and streak sizes, varying shades of brass etc! I know salons have lots of overheads but that’s a week’s salary for some!

I’d love to be in that situation though, and not struggle (or at the very least be able to afford to live on my own in London), but I suppose that much of this life could be on credit cards, like Mary Forester.
I'm sure she must be on a good wage. If she's been working her way up until now, in her mid 30s (?) then she must be doing well. I had a friend who was earning £30k a year when he was in his early 20s, so it's not out of the ordinary for a 30 something to be on a salary of twice that, especially in London where many millennials would need to be earning a good salary.

Not gonna lie, I'm envious of where she lives and shops. I watched a video last night where she went to St John's wood high street and to a lovely little delicatessen and bakery. The only shops I've got near me are a Sainsbury's local, a Greggs, and a Premier store. Wahay! Lol

I'm sure she must be on a good wage. If she's been working her way up until now, in her mid 30s (?) then she must be doing well. I had a friend who was earning £30k a year when he was in his early 20s, so it's not out of the ordinary for a 30 something to be on a salary of twice that, especially in London where many millennials would need to be earning a good salary.

Not gonna lie, I'm envious of where she lives and shops. I watched a video last night where she went to St John's wood high street and to a lovely little delicatessen and bakery. The only shops I've got near me are a Sainsbury's local, a Greggs, and a Premier store. Wahay! Lol
You can’t go wrong with a Gregg’s!

It IS gorgeous where she lives and I love seeing her hauls but remember clearly when she bought a load of plant items from a ‘bougie’ garden centre and just one smaller item was about £8, and she said “this is a cheap one”, and I thought, wow, sometimes in the past, £8 has had to last me a few days!! Must be lovely to have an unlimited(ish) budget. And there’s me in a live-in job, grateful to have no rent or bills atm and feeling guilty for hoping to soon ‘blow’ some cash on a small bottle of Jo Malone!!

You can’t go wrong with a Gregg’s!

It IS gorgeous where she lives and I love seeing her hauls but remember clearly when she bought a load of plant items from a ‘bougie’ garden centre and just one smaller item was about £8, and she said “this is a cheap one”, and I thought, wow, sometimes in the past, £8 has had to last me a few days!! Must be lovely to have an unlimited(ish) budget. And there’s me in a live-in job, grateful to have no rent or bills atm and feeling guilty for hoping to soon ‘blow’ some cash on a small bottle of Jo Malone!!
Yeah I think Londoners live in a different world entirely. What is 'cheap' to them, is pricey outside of London. Sometimes I wonder whether they realise how much they are being mugged off just by living in London.

Then again, I wouldn't say no to living in London if I could haha. In some parts of London a studio flat costs as much or more than a 3 bed house in a home county. Madness. I'll never understand it.

I need to find the video where she goes to that high st and there's a veg and fruit shop selling some sort of fruit for about £15 a kilo. To be fair, even she sounded like she was taken aback. Not sure what was going on there. No fruit or veg is THAT special or exotic.

On her recent Q&A someone asked if her rented her flat or if she paid a mortgage….She said it was neither, that she’s ‘squatting’. By that I’m guessing she means it’s a family members, possibly her Dads, and she’s living there for free.

Her family is 100% well off, her Dad used to be a pilot and I think her Mum was also high up at British Airways before she passed away. That’s not to say that Hannah hasn’t worked hard, she clearly has so good on her for enjoying herself, I would be too!

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Hannah knows we’re discussing her finances!! All fascinating stuff; and yes, good for her doing well. I had no idea she’d lost her mother; very sorry to hear that. My mother is nuts but wouldn’t be without her.

I’m currently watching her vlogmas and enjoying the escapism and the idyllic, pretty version of London she depicts. I once lived on the worst estate in Clapham that was world’s apart! Hope she does vlogmas again this year. Need the fantasy and escape!!

I might not be able to relate to her life in terms of finances...but I do very occasionally live element of it (e.g. going in a luxury food shop or having an afternoon tea). More importantly for me though is I relate to her as a person. Her attitude to life, ethics etc.

Reactions: 4
On her recent Q&A someone asked if her rented her flat or if she paid a mortgage….She said it was neither, that she’s ‘squatting’. By that I’m guessing she means it’s a family members, possibly her Dads, and she’s living there for free.
I think she was making a joke with that post, which was quite funny. I’m not sure. But she’s mentioned before her interesting in selling and moving in previous q&a and moving to hampsted. I think it’s hers. She was a buying manager at John Lewis, or something like that when I found her linkin, but now private I assume. She’s clearly much higher senior these days too.
I really hope she does a vlogmas, it’s such a contrast to our life in the midlands. Love seeing the shops and treats in London Town. Not the beauty and fashion things though, not for me.