Hannah Gale #9 It me. It you. It paying my bills and putting me through med school.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you agree with BMI or you don’t, she is overweight. If she is happy with that then fine but medically speaking, she is overweight
lol yes exactly, regardless of BMI, she is overweight.

BMI is literally a measure of weight when cross-referenced with height. Is she saying all short people have high BMIs? There are obviously conversations to be had about the use of BMI as an indicator of health but you can't say 'I'm short so it's skewed' because it literally gives you a measurement that accounts for your height.

Suddenly that 7/27 starting to make a lot of sense.
ahhaha this has cracked me.

Reactions: 2
Someone keeps saying she never really got 7/27 but how do you know that / why else would she say that then haha I don't get it.

And yeah the bmi stuff screams "only passionate about this issue bc it directly affects me"
There are three sections in the Bmat - Section 2 is the Scientific Knowledge section and this is where she said she got the equivalent of 7/27.
They get a scaled score then which goes with the scores from the other two sections. Third section is essay writing which she might be good at (unless in the style of The Little Joys!) but that has less weighting than the first two sections. So it isn’t her overall mark, but if you read around then it is seen as a good predictor of performance at Med School. Not competitive anyway!

Reactions: 5
Someone keeps saying she never really got 7/27 but how do you know that / why else would she say that then haha I don't get it.

And yeah the bmi stuff screams "only passionate about this issue bc it directly affects me"
She got 7/27 on ONE component of BMAT, which is exactly what she said. The BMAT has several sections, science is one of them. It is pretty concerning that she got only 7 on the science aspect, but this is only one section, not her overall score.

Section 1 - critical thinking skills - out of 32 marks.
Section 2 - science - out of 27 marks:
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 7
Maths - 6
Section 3 - writing task

Reactions: 7
She got 7/27 on ONE component of BMAT, which is exactly what she said. The BMAT has several sections, science is one of them. It is pretty concerning that she got only 7 on the science aspect, but this is only one section, not her overall score.

Section 1 - critical thinking skills - out of 32 marks.
Section 2 - science - out of 27 marks:
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 7
Physics - 7
Maths - 6
Section 3 - writing task
alright Doogie Howser, we get it

Cracking up at the BMI stuff. Babes, you sit in your car eating cakes. It's ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That BMI thing was embarrassing, like fair enough if you are short and really muscly your bmi won't be correct...but generally... regardless of someone having an eating disorder or not, weight does make a.difference, her lack of explanation of any of this really does just show she has very little scientific knowledge imo

alright Doogie Howser, we get it

Cracking up at the BMI stuff. Babes, you sit in your car eating cakes. It's ok.
Not sure what the need to be rude there was? If you're referring to the fact that I posted the same information as the poster above, we literally posted a minute apart so clearly wrote our posts at the same time.

Reactions: 9
Not sure what the need to be rude there was? If you're referring to the fact that I posted the same information as the poster above, we literally posted a minute apart so clearly wrote our posts at the same time.
We might know more about the exam than Hannah 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It wasn't rude, it was SASSY.

I respect you and all your many views greatly x

Reactions: 5
Your BMI is high Hannah because you live on Five Guys, pastries, Tony’s chocolate and pizza and think that decent exercise constitutes you doing 3 stretches in your sports bra and leggings and posting the video on instagram. Your diagnosis is “lazy” and “greedy”. Don’t need to be a doctor to figure that out, Dr Gale!
(PS I know that BMI is dodgy metric but come on, hun. Eat a vegetable once in a while.)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It wasn't rude, it was SASSY.

I respect you and all your many views greatly x
Ok well fair enough, sassy is cool. X

Your BMI is high Hannah because you live on Five Guys, pastries, Tony’s chocolate and pizza and think that decent exercise constitutes you doing 3 stretches in your sports bra and leggings and posting the video on instagram. Your diagnosis is “lazy” and “greedy”. Don’t need to be a doctor to figure that out, Dr Gale!
(PS I know that BMI is dodgy metric but come on, hun. Eat a vegetable once in a while.)
Ahahaha at the doing the exercises in sports bra and leggings in the lounge. As though posting the video makes it more impactful.

• Haha
That’s okay, Hannah, just lie about your BMI like you lie about your clothes size and you’ll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She might as well say BMI doesn't work for her because she's so heavy.

There was an interesting episode of the Maintenance Phase podcast about BMI. It was well researched and thoughtful and looked at the history of BMI and how it has changed and what it meant and how it impacts on people. In comparison Hannah Gale's posts about BMI and body image are just so incredibly stupid and I'm embarrassed for her, I'm embarrassed for her coursemates and her tutors.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She might as well say BMI doesn't work for her because she's so heavy.

There was an interesting episode of the Maintenance Phase podcast about BMI. It was well researched and thoughtful and looked at the history of BMI and how it has changed and what it meant and how it impacts on people. In comparison Hannah Gale's posts about BMI and body image are just so incredibly stupid and I'm embarrassed for her, I'm embarrassed for her coursemates and her tutors.
She's very very thick

Reactions: 3
I don’t think for a second she’s pregnant but I’m not guna lie it did cross my mind quick when she said she had a sick bug 🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
Her poor, poor friend. I assume it's the pretty one with long brown hair (Claire?) How is she totally not sick of her bullshit!?! Incidentally, I feel like I had never seen nor heard of this friend until Hannah's big comeback?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.