Hannah Gale #2 Key worker, childcare shirker, bed lurker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember people using that word like 15 years ago, but mostly by idiots at school trying to be funny and even then it'd be met with an eye-roll at best.

I can't believe she didn't delete that post sooner. When we were discussing her dad's open Facebook page she managed to get that shut down within, what, a day? But she couldn't edit one word of an old blog post? If she didn't see all the messages about it, or the comments on the actual blog, then that's bad too, like she isn't even reading anything people send?!
She is the worst type of influencer, doesn't care, doesn't engage, does the bare minimum to earn her living.

I must say it gave me absolute joy to see all the dimwits yesterday sharing the black square with zero critical thinking, not stopping to think "have any actual black people asked us to do this?" and getting called out for it 😅.
She must have seen the comments on here, she clearly reads religiously as the dads facebook thing got seen within hours. I'm trying to understand what benefit she thought it would be to ignore/not delete?

Reactions: 8
She must have seen the comments on here, she clearly reads religiously as the dads facebook thing got seen within hours. I'm trying to understand what benefit she thought it would be to ignore/not delete?
Maybe she didn’t ant to admit she was in the wrong? The whole thing just shocks me, and the pseudo apology made it seem as if it was a racist comment someone had made on her social media or something, not something she herself had purposely written !

Reactions: 2
She probably didn’t/doesn’t think it’s a big deal to use that word as she must surround herself with ignorant people who have used it all her life too. When people were calling her out previously she likely felt they were just picking at any old thing to troll her.
maybe if she spent less time glued to her video games and Teen Mom she might actually learn something of value instead of remaining an ignorant, arrogant chav! Describing Chinese food or people as “chinky” is as bad as saying words like “paki” and “******”. She should be so ashamed for thinking it was EVER ok to use a racial slur in a blog post. She was 24 at the time so there’s no excuse!
Hannah’s heart is clearly not in blogging anymore and she needs to just step away from social media for a while. Her content is beyond lazy and I’m so sick of people like her earning good salaries for doing duck all!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She probably didn’t/doesn’t think it’s a big deal to use that word as she must surround herself with ignorant people who have used it all her life too. When people were calling her out previously she likely felt they were just picking at any old thing to troll her.
maybe if she spent less time glued to her video games and Teen Mom she might actually learn something of value instead of remaining an ignorant, arrogant chav! Describing Chinese food or people as “chinky” is as bad as saying words like “paki” and “******”. She should be so ashamed for thinking it was EVER ok to use a racial slur in a blog post. She was 24 at the time so there’s no excuse!
Hannah’s heart is clearly not in blogging anymore and she needs to just step away from social media for a while. Her content is beyond lazy and I’m so sick of people like her earning good salaries for doing duck all!
Perhaps she only surrounds herself with clueless white people. I understand that these issues were not as widely discussed in 2013 (especially within certain circles) so she probably thought it was just a nickname for chinese takeaway. What I will not forgive is her refusal to address it after she was informed. It was a few YEARS ago (I didn't even know about Tattle) when I first saw that post and left a polite comment asking Hannah not to use that word. She obviously saw my request, as it was deleted. If she's saying otherwise she is LYING.

I wasn't the most popular kid in school and my mates were the ones no one else wanted to be friends with. One of them was a girl of chinese descent who was badly bullied. They didn't use that C-word, but the equivalent in our local language (I'm from south america) and it was just as bad. I lost count of how many times I found her in tears eating her lunch sitting on the loo because the other kids laughed at the "disgusting" food her mother had lovingly prepared for her. She never felt accepted. It was the 90s, we were just a bunch of ELEVEN years olds but I never forgot how that word made her feel excluded and how people should teach children to be better and nip racism in the bud. I am pale skinned but my father is black, my hair was "wrong" and I also received my fair share of name callings. You may get over it, but every time you hear those words it brings you back. Why subject people who support your work to this? There is no need.

As we can see, she knew exactly how to delete a post and save people from pain. But she only did it when she thought she could lose money. Let that sink in and remember it next time she is bleating about mental health.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Surely we all knew in 2013 not to say chi**y??? And if she wrote it in a blog post I’m willing to bet she used the word in conversation too.

Reactions: 5
I think a lot of the influencers need to do some housekeeping before they start using the BLM campaign as a performative platform. I mean, this was just a cursory dig into another much beloved white influencer's Twitter history yesterday. Christ knows how many more there are.
Racist AND queerphobic language? Real nice 🙄

Reactions: 1
Lots of people seem to be unfollowing on Instagram....about 4K down from yesterday. I was wondering why she hadn’t posted any replies or stories since yesterday but then I remembered that McDonalds reopened today so she’s probably sat in the queue for the drive thru in that ridiculous fleece she’s always wearing 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Lots of people seem to be unfollowing on Instagram....about 4K down from yesterday. I was wondering why she hadn’t posted any replies or stories since yesterday but then I remembered that McDonalds reopened today so she’s probably sat in the queue for the drive thru in that ridiculous fleece she’s always wearing 😉
And will probably eat in the car to avoid her son again 😂

Perhaps she only surrounds herself with clueless white people. I understand that these issues were not as widely discussed in 2013 (especially within certain circles) so she probably thought it was just a nickname for chinese takeaway. What I will not forgive is her refusal to address it after she was informed. It was a few YEARS ago (I didn't even know about Tattle) when I first saw that post and left a polite comment asking Hannah not to use that word. She obviously saw my request, as it was deleted. If she's saying otherwise she is LYING.

I wasn't the most popular kid in school and my mates were the ones no one else wanted to be friends with. One of them was a girl of chinese descent who was badly bullied. They didn't use that C-word, but the equivalent in our local language (I'm from south america) and it was just as bad. I lost count of how many times I found her in tears eating her lunch sitting on the loo because the other kids laughed at the "disgusting" food her mother had lovingly prepared for her. She never felt accepted. It was the 90s, we were just a bunch of ELEVEN years olds but I never forgot how that word made her feel excluded and how people should teach children to be better and nip racism in the bud. I am pale skinned but my father is black, my hair was "wrong" and I also received my fair share of name callings. You may get over it, but every time you hear those words it brings you back. Why subject people who support your work to this? There is no need.

As we can see, she knew exactly how to delete a post and save people from pain. But she only did it when she thought she could lose money. Let that sink in and remember it next time she is bleating about mental health.
It shocks me especially as didn’t she used to live in London? Like it’s barely possible to live here and not have friends/ know people of different races etc

Seems like all these influencers are getting found out for their underlying racism today, check out the MOD and FOD thread

• Wow
I burst out laughing at this because it's definitely bloody true! 🤣🤣🤣 this site is hilarious

I think you guys are taking it a bit far emailing her brand sponsors etc. Yeah she’s made mistakes, lots of people make mistakes. Maybe she’s too embarrassed to apologise but it doesn’t mean she’s not sorry. I suspect she’s just ignorant rather than meaning genuine harm. I just think it’s interfering and busybodying emailing her clients complaining about her. It’s just nasty. If you don’t like what you see just unfollow and carry on with your life. You may need to get one first...
Seriously? Maybe you need to go somewhere else with your moral high ground. Looking back through your comments, you’ve said plenty of things that by your own standards are ‘nasty,’ why is it different when people are calling her out for racism?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lol I missed that comment, it was aimed at my post.

I have no regrets in what I did. I DM’ed her and commented numerous times on her posts telling her to delete the post, all she did was delete my comments ( surprised she didnt block me) she had the opportunity NUMEROUS times to rectify her mistake and have that conversation.

if I did something at my work and someone was offended and I didnt do anything to solve the problem then I would have no qualms about them going higher up which I did.

her choosing to ignore the number of comments just goes to show how privlaged she is that she can just delete comments and not have to answer for her actions.

Reactions: 10
Hannah went to my school - although I was leaving sixth form as she was joining and although when I was leaving school there was hardly anyone there who wasn’t white middle class, as Hannah progressed through the school got far more ethnically diverse. And then she lived in London FFS.
No wonder her and Susie Verrill got on.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It must be said, I’m not a fan of Susie. I stopped following her a while ago because I found her really annoying. Having said that, I’ve just had a look at her profile to see how she has dealt with the backlash to the awful things that she said on Twitter.

this is not me condoning her or excusing her. I went there expecting that I would be angry with her Response (wonder why I had that expectation after seeing Hannah’s?)

however, she held her hands up. She called it out and admitted to being racist. And I believe her comments about needing to educate herself one thousand percent more than Hannah’s response.

It’s a day later and I’m still bloody fuming with how Hannah handled it. If she had half the approach that Suzie had, she would be making a start to heal what she had done.

• Sick
If she understood what her problem was she should have put it as a grid post, not a story, so many comments calling her out about hiding behind DMs, but did she ever reply to the original DMs calling her out? No she didn’t!!!!

If she understood what her problem was she should have put it as a grid post, not a story, so many comments calling her out about hiding behind DMs, but did she ever reply to the original DMs calling her out? No she didn’t!!!!
She’s despicable.

Hannah went to my school - although I was leaving sixth form as she was joining and although when I was leaving school there was hardly anyone there who wasn’t white middle class, as Hannah progressed through the school got far more ethnically diverse. And then she lived in London FFS.
No wonder her and Susie Verrill got on.
This is neither here nor there, but I got the impression she isn’t from a middle class family.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.