Hangovers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooooo after suffering from an absolutely brutal hangover I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone’s tips, tricks and cures are.
Absolutely nothing works for me, I just have to go to bed all day and sleep it off. I get absolutely dreadful hangovers, always have unfortunately. I’ve always wondered why some people can get away with not having them!

Reactions: 2
I get duck all sleep, i snack a little and then crash around midday. Then I wake up and need to eat! Its the tiredness that fucks me up

Depends on the severity of the hangover 😂

If I'm being throwing all day literally nothing helps. I shove my fingers down my throat to get it all up and try to sleep it off. When I've finally stopped being sick I'll have some paracetamol and water and try to eat!

They are literally the worst type of hangovers 🤢🤢

Reactions: 4
Really sugary drinks like lucozade or irn bru. Then lots of carbs, usually Gregg's for lunch followed by pizza for dinner. And crisps for snacks , salt and vinegar or ready salted

• Heart
I am also someone who needs to sleep through it. I find that drinking makes my sleep terrible and that just exacerbates the hangover feeling. Sleeping through the hangover also reduces my exposure to "the fear" that I always get with a hangover. 17 years of drinking and I am yet to find anything that actually helps me really.

The terrible sleep impacts me too.

I also hate the churning belly and find if I eat constantly I feel OK, but as soon as I stop I feel grim.

I have had 2 hangovers in the past month, not horrendous ones but ones that make me feel rough for a whole day. So going to stop drinking until my holiday at the end of June

I have hangover fear now.. I hate them so much. The drink isn’t worth it for most nights out!!

i have 2 types, the worst type is when I wake up early, the room is spinning and I feel sick, I try and sleep it off but I know it’s pointless, eventually I force myself to be sick, try and sleep, take paracetamol, sleep and hope for the best

my favourite hangover is when I wake up feeling hungry, I want everything and anything, the best is full fat McDonald’s coke, a little bit flat and bacon rasher crisps 🤣

if I try and prep the night before, I try and line my stomach, then eat carby foods before bed with paracetamol and a squash.

I’m not a big drinker anymore though 🤣

Reactions: 6
Solpadiene and sparkling water, I can’t eat when I’m hungover. I don’t understand how people can have a big greasy cooked breakfast after a night of drinking 😩

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Solpadiene and sparkling water, I can’t eat when I’m hungover. I don’t understand how people can have a big greasy cooked breakfast after a night of drinking 😩
Chinese special always does the trick washed down with Lucozade :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Depends on the severity of the hangover 😂

If I'm being throwing all day literally nothing helps. I shove my fingers down my throat to get it all up and try to sleep it off. When I've finally stopped being sick I'll have some paracetamol and water and try to eat!

They are literally the worst type of hangovers 🤢🤢
That is exactly the kind of hangover I get. I actually find I hit a peak and that is when I am really throwing up and then after that I start to feel a lot better. So brutal though. People who don’t really get them just don’t understand!

If it's really bad, I cannot drink still water or juice it will make me sick so I just drink fizzy all day.. especially diet coke, that really helps me. I try and eat something fatty like a McDonalds breakfast or fry up and then take a nap and then force myself out of bed and have a shower or just wash my hair. If I stay in bed all day it usually makes me feel so much worse.

If it's not that bad, fizzy water or diet coke again.. and I just eat all day.. doesn't matter what it is, I'm just pure hungry all day lol.

Reactions: 1
I always swore by pure orange juice or lucozade but now I find a big pint glass with loads of ice cubes and a straw to be just as good!
Also has to be eating little and often - chips, crisps, anything greasy.
ALWAYS keep a bottle of water by the bed for through the night, avoid fizzy drinks until you actually get up.

I went out on Thursday night to the local and then we decided on a spontaneous trip to London on Friday - last night so yesterday I was rough as toast. The flight home was brutal and I felt so sick to the point I struggled to breath. All fun at the time but brutal hangovers like that make you question if its even worth it half the time.

• Sad
McDonalds strawberry milkshake. I don’t know what magic it contains but that and a nap and I’m good to go!

My hangovers can be so bad I can't eat and I hardly drink the day after :oops: I have bad habits of mixing wine with spirits but i can't help myself ,when i was in my early twenties it was never that bad 😂

I love going out drinking but stopped as I feel so awful to the point I just try and prevent them by drinking water towards the end of the night and make sure I have eaten.

Luckily as I’ve got older my hangovers don’t seem to be as bad, I just feel pretty rough and hungry. Can usually shake off by lunch. Just feel very sorry for myself.
When I was younger I used to have the most appalling hangovers. I could never sleep through them & could always tell how bad it was going to be depending on how early I was up. Some days I’d have been up from 5:30am not being able to sleep just laid there not being able to move/sleeping just groaning - I honestly would’ve shot my self in the head sometimes - I couldn’t cope! But my coping mechanisms have always been the same - ice pops, can of ice cold Dr Pepper, chuddies and polos.

Reactions: 5