Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Solpadiene and sparkling water, I can’t eat when I’m hungover. I don’t understand how people can have a big greasy cooked breakfast after a night of drinking 😩

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

Warpaint

VIP Member
My hangover scale

Lethal hangover: No cure, lie in bed all day, frequent trips to the bathroom to vomit. Can't even eat.

Heavy Hangover: Probably sleep late, also not eat until well into the afternoon. Won't enjoy it that much but it helps a few hours later.

Medium Hangover: Up close to the usual wake up time. Feel a bit misty eyed but can function normally. Eat something full of grease then pretty much right as rain.

Light Hangover: Enjoy the day, and get back on it if not at work and the opportunity arises.

Reactions: 8

whisperchat

VIP Member
After my friend gave birth she came out with me and she was SLAUGHTERED haha bless her she had to be carried home and she only had 2 pints of coors and a shot of tequila rose. She said the hangover was the worst she has ever experienced and said she would never do it again. The child is 3 now and she hasn’t been out drinking since lol! So good luck 🤞🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

theghosttown

VIP Member
I have had many hangovers in my life but I can't face having one now, I get very depressed after a hangover for about a week (I am on a moderate dose of daily antidepressants). Has anyone else with existing MH problems experienced this?
It doesn’t exasperate my depression but it seriously gets my anxiety going.

Reactions: 7

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
There is not one thing that helps me with hangovers other than sleep and time.

I have pleaded for my own death when theyve been really bad.

Now Im older it lasts 2 days which is pleasant. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Lola UK

VIP Member
I have hangover fear now.. I hate them so much. The drink isn’t worth it for most nights out!!

i have 2 types, the worst type is when I wake up early, the room is spinning and I feel sick, I try and sleep it off but I know it’s pointless, eventually I force myself to be sick, try and sleep, take paracetamol, sleep and hope for the best

my favourite hangover is when I wake up feeling hungry, I want everything and anything, the best is full fat McDonald’s coke, a little bit flat and bacon rasher crisps 🤣

if I try and prep the night before, I try and line my stomach, then eat carby foods before bed with paracetamol and a squash.

I’m not a big drinker anymore though 🤣

Reactions: 6

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
I love this thread. I’m pregnant at the moment but let me tell you when I’ve book marked this for the second the baby is out 🤣🤣 🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

plonkington

Chatty Member
😂love this thread! I’ll be keeping a few of these tips!

for me it’s a cry whilst sitting in the shower tray, praying to the Uber driver delivering my McDonald’s quarter pounder that my hangover might disappear.
in all honesty, it’s the nap carbs and Diet Coke that will get me through the day.Just.

• Haha

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Luckily as I’ve got older my hangovers don’t seem to be as bad, I just feel pretty rough and hungry. Can usually shake off by lunch. Just feel very sorry for myself.
When I was younger I used to have the most appalling hangovers. I could never sleep through them & could always tell how bad it was going to be depending on how early I was up. Some days I’d have been up from 5:30am not being able to sleep just laid there not being able to move/sleeping just groaning - I honestly would’ve shot my self in the head sometimes - I couldn’t cope! But my coping mechanisms have always been the same - ice pops, can of ice cold Dr Pepper, chuddies and polos.

Aemee00

VIP Member
Depends on the severity of the hangover 😂

If I'm being throwing all day literally nothing helps. I shove my fingers down my throat to get it all up and try to sleep it off. When I've finally stopped being sick I'll have some paracetamol and water and try to eat!

They are literally the worst type of hangovers 🤢🤢

Reactions: 4

MrsFishandChips

I have a hangover if I even as much as sniff a drink. There is no cure for me. Wine makes me vomit my stomach inside out, gin leaves me rocking in bed with anxiety.
I tend of only have a drink now on occasion, I cannot be arsed with feeling that way too often.
Don’t have children so can’t relate to being hungover with children but my dogs an arsehole and likes to wake up even earlier when I’m hungover. It’s like she knows …

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Solpadiene and sparkling water, I can’t eat when I’m hungover. I don’t understand how people can have a big greasy cooked breakfast after a night of drinking 😩
Chinese special always does the trick washed down with Lucozade :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
I have had many hangovers in my life but I can't face having one now, I get very depressed after a hangover for about a week (I am on a moderate dose of daily antidepressants). Has anyone else with existing MH problems experienced this?
I used to get this if I drank excessively (Would get carried I guess hence it kept happening), cheap vodka was the main culprit though. It made me feel like the world was ending, life wasn’t worth it. I’d tell myself ‘it’s just the alcohol, it’ll be ok in 3 days’ but feel like I needed to run away, get to a nunnery, escape because I’d be gripped by beer fear. Felt I couldn’t show my face again even if I hadn’t done anything that bad and if I had embarrassed myself, well, black hole of self loathing.

I wondered if i’d been spiked on occasion
With those ‘come downs’ because it was abnormal but maybe that’s just excessive booze for you.

Anyway, full fat coke, Powerade or cheap milkshake used to be the kiddie for ’normal’ hangovers but these days nothing can help but sleep.

Reactions: 3

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member

Cindy-Lou Who

Chatty Member
I'm on day 2 of my hangover 😫
I went to sleep on Sunday morning at 4.30, woke up at 5.30 and tried everything to get back to sleep but nothing worked.

I'm never sick but yesterday I spent the day with my head in the toilet and today I've sat crying every 5 minutes while trying to work.

Normally I can get a shower, have a mcdonalds and get on with my life. These past 2 days I've wanted to world to swallow me up.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Reading this thread with a disgusting Prosecco hangover 🤢

Ever since having my baby last year I just cannot drink without feeling absolutely dying the next day. I’ve been up being sick since 6am, my head is banging and I feel like the walking dead!!

I should have steered clear of Prosecco because I know that’s one of my worst drinks for hangovers… has anyone found a drink that doesn’t seem to give you such a bad one?

• Sad

Lalalaand

VIP Member
I’ve tried so many things over the years including a lot of the ones mentioned on this thread. I used to get terrible hangovers, I vomited so much one day I ended up with a gum infection 🙈 my best advice is 100% Rowntrees fruit pastille ice lollies (needs to be those ones) I swear they are an absolute miracle. I think because when I’m hungover I get so dehydrated and try to glug down water etc and I drink it so fast I feel sick, whereas I think the ice lolly just slowly rehydrates you? I don’t know but it bloody works! I always make sure I have them in my freezer before a night of drinking now