Hangovers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eurgh my hangovers have gotten worse as I’ve gotten older. I used to be able to get up and get on with it, whilst feeling terrible. But now I have to spend a couple of days in bed, even if I can’t sleep, I just feel too awful to move. I try and drink plenty of fluids and eat as healthy as possible the day after (whilst also enjoying some carbs), get in the bath or shower and then get an early night the night. Sometimes I can’t manage a shower and have to wait until I’ve finally recovered and slept it off.

Reactions: 2
I have a couple of hangover cures that arent pleasant but totally work.

They are...

- water with a tiny bit of salt, it takes the edge off the sicky feeling
- a shot of the vinegar from gherkins
- anything with ginger in, even ginger cake
- a cold shower
- if you can remember to, 2 ibuprofen before you go to sleep the night before. You won't feel nearly as bad when you wake up

I try to eat fatty carbs before I drink and while drinking I try to have a couple of waters and keep the mixing to a minimum. Then before bed I chug a whole bottle of water or - if I’m already feeling nauseous - sprite! I read somewhere a while ago that sprite can be a miracle cure for hangovers and ever since then I really feel like it helps. Does it or is it the placebo effect? who knows 😂

If this all fails I usually can’t do anything except hoping to get sick and then have lots of water / sprite, paracetamol for the headache, tea with lots of sugar for comfort and eventually another carb-meal.

I get the worst hangovers ever! Really, really bad nausea. I can lessen them by drinking an Alka Selzer before bed, along with as much water as I can remember to drink 😂
In the morning another alka seltzer and dioralyte, ice cold can of Coke and some sort of greasy food!

Reactions: 1
Ice cold glass of still water
Fried egg sandwich on a white thick cob/roll/barn/muffin/bap/bread cake(whatever you call them, you know what I mean!)
A HOT bath (to sweat it out)
Another ice cold glass of still water with 2 paracetamol & 2 ibuprofen
A nap.
Something sweet. (Chocolate/cake)
Another ice cold glass of still water.
Some fresh air.
More food. Preferably a takeaway.
Bed.

In that order😂

Reactions: 3
Ice cold glass of still water
Fried egg sandwich on a white thick cob/roll/barn/muffin/bap/bread cake(whatever you call them, you know what I mean!)
A HOT bath (to sweat it out)
Another ice cold glass of still water with 2 paracetamol & 2 ibuprofen
A nap.
Something sweet. (Chocolate/cake)
Another ice cold glass of still water.
Some fresh air.
More food. Preferably a takeaway.
Bed.

In that order😂
All of that apart from take away (maybe) would make me vomit 🤣🤣 I’m such a write off when it comes to hangovers these days.

All of that apart from take away (maybe) would make me vomit 🤣🤣 I’m such a write off when it comes to hangovers these days.
Believe me I’ve almost vomited multiple times in a hot bath 😂 😅 But afterwards when ive cooled down and chugged some ice water I feel amazing.

• Haha
There is not one thing that helps me with hangovers other than sleep and time.

I have pleaded for my own death when theyve been really bad.

Now Im older it lasts 2 days which is pleasant. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Reading this thread with a disgusting Prosecco hangover 🤢

Ever since having my baby last year I just cannot drink without feeling absolutely dying the next day. I’ve been up being sick since 6am, my head is banging and I feel like the walking dead!!

I should have steered clear of Prosecco because I know that’s one of my worst drinks for hangovers… has anyone found a drink that doesn’t seem to give you such a bad one?

• Sad

Ever since having my baby last year I just cannot drink without feeling absolutely dying the next day. I’ve been up being sick since 6am, my head is banging and I feel like the walking dead!!

I should have steered clear of Prosecco because I know that’s one of my worst drinks for hangovers… has anyone found a drink that doesn’t seem to give you such a bad one?
I find gin gives me a sore head but no nausea.

Good quality red wine isnt too bad either. White wine gives me a terrible hangover.

However if I have 10 gins then Im still rough. It is about quantity for me and I am bad for drinking to excess.

My hangovers got much worse after having my children too I don’t know if it’s because I was not drinking for nearly a year while pregnant 😂
Prosecco and wine also give me the worst hangovers. My hangovers aren’t as bad if I drink a lower ABV drink like a gin liqueur or Malibu - or aperol spritz if it’s summer 🍹

I have had many hangovers in my life but I can't face having one now, I get very depressed after a hangover for about a week (I am on a moderate dose of daily antidepressants). Has anyone else with existing MH problems experienced this?

Vodka!

I have had many hangovers in my life but I can't face having one now, I get very depressed after a hangover for about a week (I am on a moderate dose of daily antidepressants). Has anyone else with existing MH problems experienced this?
It doesn’t exasperate my depression but it seriously gets my anxiety going.

Reactions: 7

It's the sulphites give you the hangover the cheaper the drink the more sulphites
5BFB3FC7-1D66-44E4-8F3B-22358BBC7215.jpeg

Wake up & have a pint of weak squash & 2 paracetamol.

Drink some lucozade sport.

Something greasy for breakfast.

Back to bed & hopefully get some more sleep.

Get up and have a Chinese and swear never to drink again 😬

Although I don’t seem to have hangovers with vodka ? Wine and cider seem to give me them though 😩

• Haha
Interesting thread!! And very relatable!!
For me it's the awful sleep drinking causes. I'm out like a light for a few hours then I wake up in the early hours feeling dog rough and I can't get back to sleep 😫 so feel absolutely knackered the next day.
The only thing that helps me.... And I've tried everything... Is drinking less 🤪🤪🤪

I have a hangover if I even as much as sniff a drink. There is no cure for me. Wine makes me vomit my stomach inside out, gin leaves me rocking in bed with anxiety.
I tend of only have a drink now on occasion, I cannot be arsed with feeling that way too often.
Don’t have children so can’t relate to being hungover with children but my dogs an hole and likes to wake up even earlier when I’m hungover. It’s like she knows …

• Haha
Reactions: 4