Guru gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

It's been a dying site for years. He often closes it down for a day with an odd message when he's annoyed.

Everyone moved on and it it'll probably disappear for good sometime.

Best ignored and tattle won't be going anywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A bit off topic to the current discussion... Do GG and Tattle have a feud or something? I went on there out of nosiness a week ago and found one of my posts where I had referred to Tattle in a passing way ‘...her thread on tattle is more active than it is here’. But when I checked it, they had censored the word ‘tattle’ and put ‘BANNED’ in its place. I found it very odd, as I hadn’t heard of tattle being particularly inflammatory toward GG or vice versa. 😳

(not that I particularly care, GG is like an ancient relic these days compared to tattle, I’m just nosy)

Reactions: 1
You're right, @Yel; I deleted my account there over a year ago and haven't missed it once. Tattle's an upgrade in every possible way!
I got a message with a link telling me to check out this announcement, and I've never seen anything like it so I was immediately intrigued! I had no idea he often closes the site down and this is just another one of his rants.
Weird man and miserable culture over there in general. Glad I left.

A bit off topic to the current discussion... Do GG and Tattle have a feud or something? I went on there out of nosiness a week ago and found one of my posts where I had referred to Tattle in a passing way ‘...her thread on tattle is more active than it is here’. But when I checked it, they had censored the word ‘tattle’ and put ‘BANNED’ in its place. I found it very odd, as I hadn’t heard of tattle being particularly inflammatory toward GG or vice versa. 😳

(not that I particularly care, GG is like an ancient relic these days compared to tattle, I’m just nosy)
Guru Gossip was very slow and an awful site to navigate, still is. And Tattle popped up, advertised itself on GG threads, people moved over and GG never recovered and have a chip on their shoulder about this place.

The most that gets said about it here is that it's a dying site.

Reactions: 4
Guru Gossip was very slow and an awful site to navigate, still is. And Tattle popped up, advertised itself on GG threads, people moved over and GG never recovered and have a chip on their shoulder about this place.

The most that gets said about it here is that it's a dying site.
Ahhh yeah of course!

I very rarely look at Guru Gossip and when
I do it's only to see what's been said about Smokey Glow because I can't find a thread on here but it's so clunky and slow, that announcement on it today is weird as!

happy easter all (and if you don't celebrate it, hope you have a good day lol)

it's crazy how much drama has always surrounded gg/the mods. today's message is especially bizarre- I mean, 'targeted terrorists'? wtf?

Yes, there's a weird announcement on the home page!
Does anyone know what's going on? I need the tea!!! 😂

Edit: here's the announcement text:
YOU ARE ALL GUILTY. Morgan isn't even here. He quit. And You are laughing about it. You Harassed, Terrorized and Bullied. Does that make you feel good? This is a place for DISCUSSION, not for TARGETED TERRORISTS OR STALKERS TO ATTACK THE STAFF GIVING YOU THE PLACE TO DISCUSS THINGS YOU CAN'T ON YOUTUBE? WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK HIM? WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU? MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD HUH. WE WILL BE BACK UP AT SOME POINT. YOU SHOULD TRY TO CONSIDER - WHAT IF IT WAS YOU -
Last weekend there was a weird post too it said "trolls are attacking you might fight them off to regain control" but you couldn't comment or view any forums. I still follow a couple threads there.

I remeber a few years ago there was all this drama about lulu not being real and bipolar Morgan was making a lot of stuff up. So I'm just assuming this is bipolar Morgan having a power trip. But if anyone knows what is actually going on I'd like to hear

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Guru gossip has been super slow and badly managed for years, and I remember them censoring any mention of other gossip sites. The mods there are also really power hungry and ban or delete comments depending on their mood. At the same time, they'll ignore trolls and other irrelevant comments if they don't care or agree with the troll. The website has also been the target of many hackers so it often went offline. Tattle is superior in every way.

I still pop on GG occasionally because the Dodie thread is more active there than here. But whenever I go there I feel a bit edgy, like they're going to do a full on Ashley Madison or something!

Reactions: 2
I joined here a while ago after one of Morgan's meltdowns. I've kept my GG account active because there's a couple of threads there that don't have an equivalent here. After this latest clusterfuxx though, I'm done. I grabbed my most precious receipts when he started with his goblins crap because we all know it's going to end with the forum being closed and the Discord wiped, AGAIN.

I've been tired of the crappy UI, the inconsistent modding and the random rules. But the last straw is constantly having to deal with that fucker's episodes, when all I want to do is gossip in a bleeping forum. It's exhausting.

It's like dude give it up. No-one wants to be in an abusive relationship with a gossip forum!

Under new management. Again 🙃

Dude. We know it's been you. We know it'll be you.

Screenshot_20210405-102422__01.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It's still being run by him - despite him having numerous aliases..... I think I have been banned from even logging in as of today..... My name on GG has been mentioned on this thread. Yes, I am the only sane one on there (or was)

I joined here a while ago after one of Morgan's meltdowns. I've kept my GG account active because there's a couple of threads there that don't have an equivalent here. After this latest clusterfuxx though, I'm done. I grabbed my most precious receipts when he started with his goblins crap because we all know it's going to end with the forum being closed and the Discord wiped, AGAIN.

I've been tired of the crappy UI, the inconsistent modding and the random rules. But the last straw is constantly having to deal with that fucker's episodes, when all I want to do is gossip in a bleeping forum. It's exhausting.

It's like dude give it up. No-one wants to be in an abusive relationship with a gossip forum!

Under new management. Again 🙃

Dude. We know it's been you. We know it'll be you.

View attachment 514880
Do they expect us to believe that? Esp with all the weird crap over the years? He's just driving people away that means less ad revenue for him.

Reactions: 3
Whoever the person was that messaged everyone on the Zoe and Tamys threads telling them to come to Tattle really pulled off a coup. I’d never had any problems with mods personally but I joined purely because GG was (and still is) SO SLOW. When I saw this forum working at a normal speed made me never go back. I actually logged in the other week for the first time in years and yeh - tattle was the nail in the coffin. Especially when you look at the Zoe threads.

Morgan has now changed his name to 'ADMIN'..... he can change his name a million times but, he registered to join in 2012 ....and that date still appears by his 'new' name. Morgan is supposed to be into IT/TECH....and I've never known a site be hacked as much as it is! This site and other gossip sites don't seem to have a problem with hackers!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
OMG IT'S NOT JUST ME THAT FINDS THE MESSAGES ON THE SITE REALLY WEIRD.
Recently, it seems like it's something new every day there and it's just a bloody weird takeover message! I only go there because one thread on here isn't as active as it is there but so happy with Tattle.
And yeah I noticed a couple of people in other threads (mainly the Lily Pebbles thread) wrote about tattle and then later it was replaced with the word BANNED. lol wild.

Reactions: 7
I've been IP blocked today. I don't have an account but would browse a couple of topics now and then as a guest. What a stupid and frustrating site it is! How do the dickheads running it make money if people cannot look? 😂

Reactions: 5
I've been wanting to leave GG for years so I think this is the final straw for me. I'm just annoyed because I liked the Emma Chamberlain & Linda Sun threads there that we don't seem to have here 😅

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.