Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

santababy

Chatty Member
Is this the Dunning-Kruger effect ? I’m so frustrated that Grecian has not read the book “Special” yet. It is such an amazing read in those early days of diagnosis. How can she just be finding out about it?

She’s a self appointed expert in a parenting community that does not gatekeep. Nor does she really try to engage. I haven’t listened to her podcast, I cannot bring myself to do so. But I’m so frustrated that she is trying this influencer grift and using “parent of disabled child” as her platform when she is so new to it.

As a parent of a disabled child you have a responsibility to engage, read and learn from disability advocates themselves. Learn perspectives, and the nuances. And remember that your role as parent is always secondary to your child (like all parents really). It’s not about you. And your child’s right to privacy especially with their medical history is fundamental.

Also there are some really wonderful parents already creating engagement, encouraging discussions amongst parents and the roles they play balancing advocacy, privacy etc. Mel Demitt author of special is one, too peas podcast and their fb group is another. Yet old love is out here having missed the first 4 years of early intervention grifting smoothie cups for her nil by mouth kiddo

😳 turns out I need to get that rant off my chest.I just really love that book.
Holland gets me everytime 😭😭😭

Pollie

VIP Member
Grecian makes me so angry.
What the fuck is this? A cry face slider reaction to your child telling you she doesn’t want to go to appointments?!?
WHAT THE FUCK?!
And she updates everyone on her PRIVATE MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS. Doctors and health professionals are required BY LAW to keep patient information CONFIDENTIAL yet here’s Grecian announcing every single bit of her children’s lives including her daughters bowel issues.
I actually want to slap her. She needs to get proper help with this, what she is doing is so grossly inappropriate. Those little girls deserve better than this.
Omg I know, the slider was
Hideous.

Listerfiend

Chatty Member
Sorry but what is munchausens?
“Munchausen syndrome (factitious disorder imposed on self) is when someone tries to get attention and sympathy by falsifying, inducing, and/or exaggerating an illness. They lie about symptoms, sabotage medical tests (like putting blood in their urine), or harm themselves to get the symptoms. Diagnosing and treating Munchausen syndrome is difficult because of the person’s dishonesty.”

In eyebrows case though it would be Munchausen syndrome by proxy which is -

“A mental illness and a form of child abuse. The caretaker of a child, most often a mother, either makes up fake symptoms or causes real symptoms to make it look like the child is sick.”

NOT saying that she is doing that but that’s what the definition is.

Isn’t she baldivis anyway. It’s right on the freeway and moving north of the river it’s more annoying to get to PCH from that direction. Currently it’s freeway, mounts bay road with an easy exit even in traffic and then up another road and bam. Might be 50 mins in heavy traffic but prob 30 after 9am. Prob similar time maybe shorter from mirrabooka anyway.
Shes byford

GemmaBish

Did anyone get a screen recording ov the crying on the floor video? I missed it and its already gone from picuki