Grey's Anatomy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My rank of the original 5 is
1. Izzy
2. Alex
3. Meredith
4. Christina
5. George
Which I don’t think anyone would agree with 😂
I think meredith was more likeable at the start same with izzy they got hardened as the series progressed. Maybe cos of my own issues im a big mer fan😅 atleast Meredith finally dealth with her car crash issues over the 19 years or however many the show says it is. Christina I softened too and well I loved Alex from the beginning (justice for Alex leaving) and George even grew up it's a shame he left 😔 I think as people rewatch everyones opinion changes. I gave up after covid on the show sadly. I don't care about these new people and THANK YOU to whoever decided Maggie had to go. I genuinely don't think she added anything.

Reactions: 4
My rank of the original 5 is
1. Izzy
2. Alex
3. Meredith
4. Christina
5. George
Which I don’t think anyone would agree with 😂
Mine is
Alex
Christina
George
Izzy
Meredith

I never reeeally got the George love until he was nearly gone. That character could have really gone somewhere- pity the actor left.

Reactions: 5

The new showrunner has been with the show since Season 3, so there’s hope?! They seem to be lifting plot devices from earlier seasons (housesharing interns, that house party) but I’m still meh about it. Oh, and:

Meredith
Christina
Alex
George
Izzy

Reactions: 3
I’m a huge Meredith Christina and Alex fan 🤣 … don’t judge me but I’ve got a Meredith grey tattoo 🫣
And my cats named after her…. I’m single. It’s clear why 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m a huge Meredith Christina and Alex fan 🤣 … don’t judge me but I’ve got a Meredith grey tattoo 🫣
And my cats named after her…. I’m single. It’s clear why 😂
I won't ask you to show us a pic of the tattoo but can you describe it please? Love an unusual tattoo!

I won't ask you to show us a pic of the tattoo but can you describe it please? Love an unusual tattoo!
Of course! So it came about after some really rough years, and me and my other half’s cousin were greys obsessed and we kept saying how we should be more like Meredith because no matter what she goes through she always survives with her head held high. So we got matching tattoos that say ‘Be more Meredith Grey’ on the inside of our feet (would not recommend the pain 😩)!
But yeah there like a little inside reminder to us both that we will survive xxx

• Heart
I just watched the latest ep from the US yesterday, it was pretty good. Seeing Teddy be capable was great, she really shone! Just wish she would dump Owen ( he is just so flipping arrogant and annoying!).
I can’t believe it’s been renewed for a 20th Season, I was sure once Meredith left it would end, and for about 4/5 seasons it’s been rumoured the current or next one will be the last!
My ranking, at least at the start of the show, and top and bottom stayed the same until those characters left. Once it got down to the middle 3, I liked them about the same, though Alex gets big bonus points for his growth.
George
Meredith
Cristina
Alex
Izzie

Reactions: 2
I hope season 20 is the last one. They can wrap up everyone’s stories and say a proper good bye to it, then done. It’s gone on long enough and without Meredith as a series regular it’s just not the same. It was kind of nice and nostalgic at first with this new class of residents being so similar to the old ones but now it just feels like they are repeating old stories because they don’t know what else to do!

For me it’s:
Alex (always my no 1. I love him)
Christina
Meredith (altho mostly she’s meh for me)
George (really overrated and actually quite annoying in my opinion)
Izzy (she had some good traits but she was in love too much and it made her character crappy. Ruined George’s marriage because she loved him. Risked her career because she loved Denny, even tho they actually only spend about 6 minutes together. Married Alex because he was apparently the only one she loved but then left him before you could say misunderstanding because she got her knickers in a twist. And then stole him from Jo. Ugh)

PS I know I sound like I’m really involved, and I do know they aren’t real. But I’m doing a rewatch so I’m in the midst of it all and no one in my life watches it so I can’t ever vent 🤣

• Haha
Of course! So it came about after some really rough years, and me and my other half’s cousin were greys obsessed and we kept saying how we should be more like Meredith because no matter what she goes through she always survives with her head held high. So we got matching tattoos that say ‘Be more Meredith Grey’ on the inside of our feet (would not recommend the pain 😩)!
But yeah there like a little inside reminder to us both that we will survive xxx
Love it. Thanks for sharing.
I have a silly little tat on my back that is meaningful to me and takes me back to a particular time in my life. They're fun to have even if they can be awkward to explain!
Never the feet though - ouch!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Love it. Thanks for sharing.
I have a silly little tat on my back that is meaningful to me and takes me back to a particular time in my life. They're fun to have even if they can be awkward to explain!
Never the feet though - ouch!
Exactly that! I love it. Means so much to me ❤
Hahaha I’ve got the top of both feet tattooed and that was fine but I never anticipated (stupidly) the pain on the inside of my foot 😅 never again xx

• Haha
I hope season 20 is the last one. They can wrap up everyone’s stories and say a proper good bye to it, then done. It’s gone on long enough and without Meredith as a series regular it’s just not the same. It was kind of nice and nostalgic at first with this new class of residents being so similar to the old ones but now it just feels like they are repeating old stories because they don’t know what else to do!

For me it’s:
Alex (always my no 1. I love him)
Christina
Meredith (altho mostly she’s meh for me)
George (really overrated and actually quite annoying in my opinion)
Izzy (she had some good traits but she was in love too much and it made her character crappy. Ruined George’s marriage because she loved him. Risked her career because she loved Denny, even tho they actually only spend about 6 minutes together. Married Alex because he was apparently the only one she loved but then left him before you could say misunderstanding because she got her knickers in a twist. And then stole him from Jo. Ugh)

PS I know I sound like I’m really involved, and I do know they aren’t real. But I’m doing a rewatch so I’m in the midst of it all and no one in my life watches it so I can’t ever vent 🤣
I really liked George for the most part. He was quieter, shyer and less confident than the others. He was always kind and reassuring to the patients that needed it, and was the one who made the most realistic mistakes ( promising a patient’s family the patient would be fine, failing his first year exams…). Wasn’t such a fan of the way he behaved in some of his relationships, but enjoyed seeing him grow in confidence and improve his skills. He was a good friend to the other core characters and new additions.
For secondary characters, who does everyone else like?
I liked April for a lot of the same reasons!
It was awesome to have Callie around for some body diversity, and she was so confident and competent too.
Mc Steamy I preferred over Mc Dreamy, and his relationship with Lexie was adorable.
Currently love Jo, she’s the one I always want to see on screen and whose future I am most interested in.
My least favourites are Izzie and Owen.

Reactions: 3
I really liked George for the most part. He was quieter, shyer and less confident than the others. He was always kind and reassuring to the patients that needed it, and was the one who made the most realistic mistakes ( promising a patient’s family the patient would be fine, failing his first year exams…). Wasn’t such a fan of the way he behaved in some of his relationships, but enjoyed seeing him grow in confidence and improve his skills. He was a good friend to the other core characters and new additions.
For secondary characters, who does everyone else like?
I liked April for a lot of the same reasons!
It was awesome to have Callie around for some body diversity, and she was so confident and competent too.
Mc Steamy I preferred over Mc Dreamy, and his relationship with Lexie was adorable.
Currently love Jo, she’s the one I always want to see on screen and whose future I am most interested in.
My least favourites are Izzie and Owen.
George was good with patients, I agree. And he wasn’t a bad character. I just don’t feel the love that a lot of people seem to feel for him. I was sad when it was revealed that he’d been hit by the bus! I liked how he was with Bailey.

LOVE McSteamy. And Lexie. Love Ben Warren, Addison and Jo. Callie for the most part was pretty awesome altho made a few dodgy choices! I don’t mind Arizona and Jackson. Not a fan of Owen but don’t think he should get all the hate he gets. Never liked Maggie Pierce, find her smug and annoying!

I never liked Lexie. Found her as whiny and irritating as Maggie.
Never really warmed to Callie either but I liked elements of her relationship with Arizona (who was somewhat whiny but likeable!)

Lexie and mcsteamy are firm favourites for me…. I cannot stand Teddy 😂
Yea Teddy gets no love in this house either.
I still don't know how to feel about Catherine. I like that she's a strong woman etc but she can be a selfish manipulative witch too 🤔 On balance I'm here for it but I've never really liked her for Richard Webber.

Reactions: 5
George was a walking red flag (sorry not sorry), I didn’t like Izzie either but have always loved Meredith, Cristina and Alex (I hate what they did to his character and him leaving). I like the new interns and I’m interested to see where they go with Lucas/Simone.

Talking of Greys tattoos, I have a sun because I was going through it around the time Cristina told Mer “he is not the sun, you are”. It’s a very loose connection but it was 100% the reason for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Years ago I got to the season when Jackson & Aprils marriage went down the pan - it was when I had to stream it weekly and just couldn't keep up with it so gave up on it but then In January I got a new job WFH so decided to go back to the season of the plane crash and go from there - finally all caught up :)

I've tried restarting it a few times but honestly couldn't do the first couple of seasons because of Izzie and then all the Denny stuff which bored the life out of me - his death didn't upset me at all.

I've always been a big Christina, Bailey & Alex fan.

April grew on me and now I'm loving Shmitt or however you spell his surname :)

I do kinda feel like Greys has had its day now though, I struggle to warm to all the new characters and tbh don't really care what happens to them. Going to be lost now without being able to binge it though... might go rewatch One Tree Hill or something to fill the void 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.