Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
How can they do that? Aren't the majority of their stores in town centres next to other buildings? Unless I'm missing something. The only ones I know of are in the town centres.
They've got absolutely loads inside petrol stations, motorway service stations, and in little shed things on the edge of retail estates ... they're in conjunction with some other company, can't remember the name, but might be the guy that bought all the Little Chef properties and has steadily turned them into Starbucks.

Haven't seen a drive through branch yet but it's an obvious way for them to go.

Reactions: 2

ChloeBee

I really like the cheese pizza, reminds me of school dinners but in a good way😂
Cheese and onion, cornish are good
Wedges are nicer than dominos and only a quid!

Warpaint

VIP Member
I'm sure Greggs used to have more choie than they do now.
I love the Tuna Crunch baguette! I used to love this doughnut but haven't seen it in years:

The pandemic might have slimmed their menu down a bit. I always remember there was more sweet stuff to choose from before

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I LOVE their vegan sausage rolls, as a meat eater they‘ve converted me and I now try more vegan stuff in my diet. I also love the tomato and feta pasta although the sauce is a tad rich. My favourite quick lunch from them is their spicy chicken bites though, they’re lovely!

I find their sweet stuff quite dry although I suppose that depends on how long the food has been on display before you buy it… the little child sized iced cakes and chocolate covered biscuits, very dry. The doughnuts are meant to be really nice there apparently but I haven’t had any of those in years.

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I hate that almost everything contains milk so I can’t eat anything in there. I’m not vegan, just lactose intolerant.

patsy_stone

I love the vegan sausage rolls, the new quorn ham and cheese baguette is really nice too. I wanted it heated up, but the guy serving me said they hadn't had the heat up sheet in yet. So he gave it to me for free 😂 Heated it up at home! Massive fan of the Tottenham Cake, but only if I go early in the morning, or the sponge tastes stale 😩

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I had a luke warm vegan festive bake the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to trying it hot one day🤞🏼

JLXRD

VIP Member
I am a big fan of their tuna crunch baguettes. The milk chocolate chip cookies are my favourite cookies of all time.

My husband and I sometimes order it as a treat lunch when we are working from home.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Pound Bakery vegan sausage rolls and even the cheese and onion pasties are actually nicer imo and better value for money but I'm always closer to a Greggs when I fancy them

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
They also sell their product in iceland. The cheese and onion bakes are on sale for £1.
There's a popular local bakery in my area called Copland's which is like Greggs. It was founded in Scarborough and has a few stores around the area into Brid and Hull and so on... they also sell their frozen items in Iceland now

My question is... do they sell them in all Iceland's or just the areas that have a Cooplands? 😂

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Oh. Do they do one with turkey and stuffing or not? Could have swore they did, but maybe I'm thinking of elsewhere.
Theyve had chicken, stuffing and gravy for a few weeks now. It was part of the 'autumn' menu.

Not sure on the turkey one. The chicken and stuffing was new this year so wonder if theyve scrapped that? :(

Reactions: 1
I like the sticky toffee muffin they have started doing :love: I don't know if they've sold it before as this is the first year I noticed it.

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Im partial to a steak bake or a sausage and cheesy bean bake. My local stores dont seem to have the non vegan sausage and bean bakes lately. I like the vegan sausage rolls but vegan cheese Im not keen on so not sure how the bake will be. Has anyone tried it?

The new chicken and stuffing hot baguette is good as are the sticky toffee muffins, theyre new and brilliant.
I have had the vegan sausage, bean and cheese melt a couple of times and really enjoy it. I hate vegan cheese too and it just adds a nice cheesy texture to the beans without adding a weird taste.