Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had never watched Sewing Bee until last night and only because I saw Patrick on the one show, he is really charismatic *runs for cover*

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That kind of is the material Vampire’s Wife dresses are made from though (or look as though they are made from) so I completely see the goal.

Asmaa’s dress was truly magical. A worthy winner.

Reactions: 6
I had never watched Sewing Bee until last night and only because I saw Patrick on the one show, he is really charismatic *runs for cover*
Ha! No need to run for cover here, we've even got contestants on the show itself who are very forward about thinking he's hot! He is very handsome.

Reactions: 11
I’m gutted it’s finished tbh. Even if I haven’t got a clue how to do it myself I love pretty much any programme/contest where normal people are showcasing skills in their field. Too many mind numbing TV shows on these days where people get famous for having zero talent, just a pretty face/good body!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The green dress reveal was stunning, I'd wear that dress.

Poor Mia though, I think nerves got to her.

I couldn't get my head round all the hammocky concealment parts, my brain doesn't work that way 😂

I didn't like any of the transformations again though 😂

And I think the fabric Asmaa and Tony chose for the victoriana dresses was cheap looking baking foil 😂

But all in all a good show.
Mia only started sewing in lockdown, huge achievement

Reactions: 15
Mia only started sewing in lockdown, huge achievement
I remember a few series ago there was a young woman who had only begun sewing a couple of years previously, too, because she had had an accident which had left her virtually housebound for months IIRC - she was fabulous. Sadly didn't win - it was a very strong year. I'll have to have a trawl through the old episodes if I can find them.

Reactions: 4
He is the reason I endure Sara Pascoe's awful jokes! He is so handsome.

I'm glad Assma won in the end. Based on that transformation she was by far the best!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I like Sara usually (I think she's brill on QI and clearly a bright person) but I found her a bit... rough? with the contestant's incomplete garments! Both in actions and words. Always tugging on stuff, swishing stuff - if I were a contestant, I'd probably really snap with her, I'm ngl.

Reactions: 3
I like Sara usually (I think she's brill on QI and clearly a bright person) but I found her a bit... rough? with the contestant's incomplete garments! Both in actions and words. Always tugging on stuff, swishing stuff - if I were a contestant, I'd probably really snap with her, I'm ngl.
She’s an irritant, like a blue bottle. Last thing you need when you are trying to crack on.

Just finished watching and in total agreement about Assma’s final dress. I actually ‘wow’d when the reveal happened 💙💚

Really enjoyed this episode and loved that they went for the Victoriana/Vampire’s Wife style dress for the pattern challenge. I think they all deserved their place in the final but Assma was such a worthy winner and as someone who’s had a mastectomy and knows how life changing that is, I love that she is a breast surgeon and even more that she is looking at designing nice bras for women like me.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He is the reason I endure Sara Pascoe's awful jokes! He is so handsome.

I'm glad Assma won in the end. Based on that transformation she was by far the best!
Joe Lycett was definitely a better fit for the role than Sara, as he made daft jokes, but with a childlike joy and he seemed really interested and invested in the different garments, challenges, techniques and contestants.
Patrick is indeed very easy on the eye.
Does anyone remember the first ( couple of?) series when May Martin was a judge? I think she was a designer/buyer for Selfridges, but she was pretty dull. I remember she wore a lot of brown dresses or skirts and jacket combos and wasn’t very encouraging or kind in her critiques to the sewers!
Esme, on the other hand, is awesome! I love her outfits that look like a parrot, a peacock and a disco-ball mated, she can be snarky/funny but her critiques are always fair and not worded too harshly.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The judges are brilliant. I really like Sara but I don't think this show is for her. The jokes don't land.

I’ve finally caught up and have a little tear in my eyes. We all knew the winner from the start but her sewing each week was phenomenal. Very worthy winner and her last make was unreal!

Sara doesn’t really seem to connect with the sewers - a bit of warmth seems to be lacking.

Even though I only tuned in to see Patrick, the winner's dress was mesmerising and so wonderful that she is going to use her considerable skills to make bras for ladies who have had masectomies.

Reactions: 4