Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sara doesn’t come across as at all interested in the sewing, I would probably end up telling her to duck off and the beginning of that episode would start with them having to announce that I had to leave filming due to unforseen circumstances, she's so annoying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The judges are brilliant. I really like Sara but I don't think this show is for her. The jokes don't land.
I don't like her and think she is a terrible fit for the show. Hope she's not back next year. Both judges are FABULOUS ❤

Reactions: 7
Much prefer Sara to joe, neither are a patch on Claudia, all are far far superior to that dreadful woman on throw down, dire

Reactions: 6
I prefer Sara to both Joe and Claudia, I think she's less attention seeking

I actually really like Sara, Joe was good but sometimes I just found him a bit too much... however for me personally, the presenter is such a small part of it; I'm more invested in the sewers and judges than who is doing the links.

And yes, Patrick Grant is an absolute babe 😍

Reactions: 6
I enjoyed Joe as a presenter for a bit but then I felt like he took it too far and also got really up himself and unpleasant with politics (outside the show), and that put me off him, so initially I was enjoying Sara instead, but I can see what others mean about her not seeming to be into the sewing part at all. Claudia is less funny but she does seem more genuinely interested (imo).

Reactions: 5
Why do these programmes need a comedy presenter - Sewing Bee, Bake Off, Pottery Throw Down and all the other rip offs? Why not just a presenter who can do the odd witty comment like Claudia?

Reactions: 16
Why do these programmes need a comedy presenter - Sewing Bee, Bake Off, Pottery Throw Down and all the other rip offs? Why not just a presenter who can do the odd witty comment like Claudia?
Agreed - some one to anchor the show and can chat to the contestants so we listen a little about them.

If we saw less of Sara we might see more of the contestants interacting with each other. They got on very well and I'd like to see more of that. It's less contrived.

Reactions: 12
I really like Brogan from last years Sewing Bee and think she’s super talented, BUT I’ve just seen she’s selling handmade Shirred dresses on Etsy for £150! Who on earth is stupid enough to pay that? She’s literally using polycotton that costs around £4 a metre. It’s insane!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I really like Brogan from last years Sewing Bee and think she’s super talented, BUT I’ve just seen she’s selling handmade Shirred dresses on Etsy for £150! Who on earth is stupid enough to pay that? She’s literally using polycotton that costs around £4 a metre. It’s insane!
Wow. Those shirred dresses take like 4-5 hours to sew, not much more, she’s definitely overcharging. If she made it in Liberty cotton lawn, then maybe that would be almost justifiable.

I have just gone to have a look and she's charging 50 quid for a tote bag 😮 I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Angry
Jeez, I’m all for slow fashion and appreciate the value in it but only if made with quality fabric, otherwise what is the point.

She is very talented but I can't stand her. Little Miss Priss.

Reactions: 4
Wow. Those shirred dresses take like 4-5 hours to sew, not much more, she’s definitely overcharging. If she made it in Liberty cotton lawn, then maybe that would be almost justifiable.

I have just gone to have a look and she's charging 50 quid for a tote bag 😮 I'm sorry but that is ridiculous.
It’s madness! I know exactly where you can get those fabrics from and they’re so cheap to buy. Not only that but she has a tutorial on her YouTube on how to make them so you can literally see how long it takes her to make! They’re not unique in the slightest. I could make the same thing for 10% of the cost in a few hours! Same with the tote bags!

Reactions: 5
Avoided this thread as I only watched the final yesterday.
Aasma's final dress, impeccable. I had to rewind to rewatch the reveal..even that was perfection (particularly after the other 2 reveals looked clumsy)
Poor Mia, loved her dress though.
Didn't like Tony's acid butterfly print!

Didn't understand/like the transformation challenge. I thought they would use the white shirt and dinner trousers to then transform with scraps 🤷‍♀️.

I don't dislike Sara but she's not adding anything to the show. Although I'm always mesmerised by her cheekbones and her flawless skin.

Like seeing the updates at end credits what all the contestants have been up to (apart from harness guy, he's just a no personality attention seeker). Whispering woman has found her voice 😆.

Avoided this thread as I only watched the final yesterday.
Aasma's final dress, impeccable. I had to rewind to rewatch the reveal..even that was perfection (particularly after the other 2 reveals looked clumsy)
Poor Mia, loved her dress though.
Didn't like Tony's acid butterfly print!

Didn't understand/like the transformation challenge. I thought they would use the white shirt and dinner trousers to then transform with scraps 🤷‍♀️.

I don't dislike Sara but she's not adding anything to the show. Although I'm always mesmerised by her cheekbones and her flawless skin.

Like seeing the updates at end credits what all the contestants have been up to (apart from harness guy, he's just a no personality attention seeker). Whispering woman has found her voice 😆.
I love hearing what everyone has ended up doing at the end, just like for Bake-Off. It seems like some great friendships were formed and I love seeing people do well in something they are passionate about.
Mia’s going to do so well on her course, she’s so creative and talented!
Asmaa’s final dress was just breathtaking, I would love the green dress to be in my wardrobe in my size!

Reactions: 9
I think doctors do well because they stay calm under the time pressure. As stressful as it must be to sew while being filmed, it can’t be nearly as bad as being in an operating theatre and something going wrong!

Reactions: 11
Joe Lycett was definitely a better fit for the role than Sara, as he made daft jokes, but with a childlike joy and he seemed really interested and invested in the different garments, challenges, techniques and contestants.
Patrick is indeed very easy on the eye.
Does anyone remember the first ( couple of?) series when May Martin was a judge? I think she was a designer/buyer for Selfridges, but she was pretty dull. I remember she wore a lot of brown dresses or skirts and jacket combos and wasn’t very encouraging or kind in her critiques to the sewers!
Esme, on the other hand, is awesome! I love her outfits that look like a parrot, a peacock and a disco-ball mated, she can be snarky/funny but her critiques are always fair and not worded too harshly.
may Martin taught in some fancy uni, she was super superior and didn’t like Patrick getting asked questions over her. Prefer Esmeralda as she waits her turn to touch garments and is more fun. Think May was wrong for the show and said when she left it impacted on her teaching schedule andhated the hotel stay and long filming days.

miss when they did more of how the garments came together, zips and seam and stuff, more interesting. Now it’s more personality based.
miss the history of fabrics or clothesbut I love esme and Patrick and the standardof sewers has improved. I couldn’t go on there anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They still have the odd historical fashion interlude and Esme and/or Patrick normally tell us a bit about the fabric(s) the sowers have to/should use.

may Martin taught in some fancy uni, she was super superior and didn’t like Patrick getting asked questions over her. Prefer Esmeralda as she waits her turn to touch garments and is more fun. Think May was wrong for the show and said when she left it impacted on her teaching schedule andhated the hotel stay and long filming days.

miss when they did more of how the garments came together, zips and seam and stuff, more interesting. Now it’s more personality based.
miss the history of fabrics or clothesbut I love esme and Patrick and the standardof sewers has improved. I couldn’t go on there anymore
miss when they did more of how the garments came together, zips and seam and stuff, more interesting.

Agree.

But regarding the challenges in general - I do wish they would give them a bit more time. It's getting like on bake off when they expect them to cook a 20 min cake in 15 mins sort of thing.

Reactions: 12