Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I would prefer everyone to finish the garment to a high standard/ one that they are happy with rather than be in a tearing hurry and making silly mistakes or skipping elements.

Reactions: 8
Yes, I would prefer everyone to finish the garment to a high standard/ one that they are happy with rather than be in a tearing hurry and making silly mistakes or skipping elements.
I think in the later rounds of the competition, where people are providing their own materials, and are being expected to make some very expensive garments, it is particularly harsh - if you are rushed into an error on a (say_ tweed coat, you could have effectively thrown away a couple of hundred quids worth of material.

Reactions: 6
I don't think the show reflects at all how much time is involved in making garments. Imagine being inspired to sew watching it having never done so before then being confused why it's taking you 10+ hours worth of sewing to make the same type of pattern they did in 3!

Reactions: 7
I don't think the show reflects at all how much time is involved in making garments. Imagine being inspired to sew watching it having never done so before then being confused why it's taking you 10+ hours worth of sewing to make the same type of pattern they did in 3!
Perhaps acknowledging that it is a TV show might help.:)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Kiell Smith Bynoe (off of Ghosts and he was on the Sewing Bee Christmas special) is the new host for the next Christmas special and series! It looks like it might just be whilst Sara's on maternity leave, I think he's great so i'm pretty chuffed with this news ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Kiell Smith Bynoe (off of Ghosts and he was on the Sewing Bee Christmas special) is the new host for the next Christmas special and series! It looks like it might just be whilst Sara's on maternity leave, I think he's great so i'm pretty chuffed with this news ☺
Im a bit sad at this news. He was on taskmaster a couple of series ago, and seemed to have a weird sense of humour, which is nothing like mine!

They often seem to go for 'wacky' comedians to present these shows, when in reality they need someone professional who can support the contestants and fill in the gaps. My favourite Sewing Bee presenters, have been Claudia and Sara Cox. Neither of them are comedians at all. Just decent presenters.

Was Kiel good at sewing on the Christmas special? or does he have an interest in making his own clothes? Is this why he has been chosen?

Reactions: 5
My favourite Sewing Bee presenters, have been Claudia and Sara Cox.
I'm not a fan of Claudia but she was great. I am a fan of Sara and she was great. Cannot bloody stand the so-called comedians myself, they always seem to make the show about themselves. For me, the idea of a good presenter is similar to that of a good referee in sport ... you know when they've done a really good job because you don't actually notice them! A bit counter-intuitive I know.

Reactions: 5