Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my goodness, that backpack challenge was so HARD for week 2! I'm amazed they managed to do even reasonably well in the time allotted.

This is a pretty strong lot this year -Asmaa in particular is marvellous. They're certainly a lot more inventive and amusing in the Transformation Challenge than last years' lot!
My mum and I were saying exactly this! A few years ago the pattern challenge was a cami top/blouse etc, maybe at a push a shirt! A backpack for week 2 is a really hard one!! Didn’t stop me ordering a pattern for one on eBay though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Who would have thought making a swimsuit was so hard? I didn’t really think any of their efforts was great. When they have them four hours I thought that’s ages to run up a swimming cossie. I like to criticise but the last time I sewed anything was at school several decades ago!

Reactions: 3
The ginger guy, can’t remember his name, his swim suit was an abomination with those darts and fitting issues. Asmaa did well again except for the burn, her swimsuit fit really well, I thought, though not sure why they were all ironing lycra!!
Pretty obvious he was going to stay and The Karen was going to get the boot.

Reactions: 1
I missed the first ep but watched this week. We need someone to be seriously irritating like Brogan to have a chance of a lively thread 😂
Right person went but someone was very lucky

The thing about the garment that the lady that went made was that it actually fitted the best and was well made. Except for the bias binding. She put the binding on because it dawned on her that just using a jazzy fabric was not enough. It didn’t fit the brief. The high necked one was very poorly executed and his attempts at making it fit were amateurish. He ruined a good idea which was to make an all inclusive swim suit.

The thing about the garment that the lady that went made was that it actually fitted the best and was well made. Except for the bias binding. She put the binding on because it dawned on her that just using a jazzy fabric was not enough. It didn’t fit the brief. The high necked one was very poorly executed and his attempts at making it fit were amateurish. He ruined a good idea which was to make an all inclusive swim suit.
Just found this thread. I was quite enjoying Gillie's Queen Camilla hairdos and being stuck in her own gently bonkers world. Her swimsuit didn't fit the brief but it did fit her model extremely well, and suited her body shape.

Matthew's messy cossie was more of a skating dress than a swimming costume.

Reactions: 7
Just found this thread. I was quite enjoying Gillie's Queen Camilla hairdos and being stuck in her own gently bonkers world. Her swimsuit didn't fit the brief but it did fit her model extremely well, and suited her body shape.
My mum took agin Gillie immediately for some reason ... the 'breathless' way she spoke grated no end apprently. :LOL: Judging by the state of her skin I think it was probably from the 40-a-day habit she had. It's terrible how we (or is it just me) judge people, but I like it doing it ... just one of my many flaws. Gillie really came across as a fully paid-up member of UKIP or a lifetime member of The Conservative Club. I'm surprised the BBC let her on, so fair play! I reckon she could have knocked-up a wicked 3-piece-suit for Farage made out of a few red, white, and blue Tesco Bags.

• Haha
My Mum declared her “affected”.

Asmaa is very talented and has beautiful, elegant taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I thought Scottish/ Filipino nurse with the blue hair was going this week. She didn't finish and that was the reason the first contestant was booted.

Reactions: 3
Patrick is on BBC news and said they are having to make the challenges harder as the contestants get better every year.

Reactions: 6
Patrick is on BBC news and said they are having to make the challenges harder as the contestants get better every year.
True but if they're not careful they'll go down the route of bake off where they lose the whole essence of the show by trying to make it too complex and lose viewers.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I thought Scottish/ Filipino nurse with the blue hair was going this week. She didn't finish and that was the reason the first contestant was booted.
yeah. I’m glad the person left who did but despite her not finishing and having a rubbish strap they made it look like Matthew was the other potential person leaving!
I was surprised with the order of the transformation category. Whilst the top spot was well deserved I thought some of the others would have done better.

I actually don’t think swimming costumes are overly difficult, but I guess it depends on people’s strengths. I think it’d be a fun experience to try but I’d be rubbish at the transformation because I just don’t have the creativity for it.

Just caught up and the right person went in both episodes.
I really liked the backpack challenge, I tend to make practical things so it's one i could relate to more than usual.
Asmaa and Tony are good, and I really want Matthew to go next week!

Just caught up and the right person went in both episodes.
I really liked the backpack challenge, I tend to make practical things so it's one i could relate to more than usual.
Asmaa and Tony are good, and I really want Matthew to go next week!
Well, the longer Matthew stays the bigger the scene will be when he goes. :rolleyes: The guy with the woolly hat is good ... so is his back story.

Reactions: 8
My mum had Gillie down as a member of the WI, and the lady who organises the flowers in church for whom no one else's arrangement is ever good enough :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My mum had Gillie down as a member of the WI, and the lady who organises the flowers in church for whom no one else's arrangement is ever good enough :ROFLMAO:
She was a HR manager, plays bridge and tennis and obviously comes from money as her father was once chairman of Nottm Forest Football Club and she studied at the Sorbonne in Paris.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She was a HR manager, plays bridge and tennis and obviously comes from money as her father was once chairman of Nottm Forest Football Club and she studied at the Sorbonne in Paris.
Haha I'd have bet money on her working in HR. Not surprised in that at all. Must have missed them saying that

Haha I'd have bet money on her working in HR. Not surprised in that at all. Must have missed them saying that
They didn't :D There are some bits online about her but she lives near to someone I know in Nottingham.

Reactions: 1