Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Asmaa is one to watch. I liked Lizzie too. The right person went, probably nerves.

Not keen on that guy who put harness elements on two of his makes so far, guess that will be his "thing". I think the Scottish nurse (can't remember all names yet) will need to pull it out the bag to stay after next week.

I like the twist top!

Reactions: 10
I’m just watching the first episode now, and I don’t know if it’s always been a thing and I’ve never noticed before, but I love that the female mannequins have tummies.

Reactions: 4
I love Asmaa too!

Matthew is from my home town 🤣

The right person definitely went, no one is annoying me so far, that’s unusual, give them time though 😂

Reactions: 5
I love Asmaa too!

Matthew is from my home town 🤣

The right person definitely went, no one is annoying me so far, that’s unusual, give them time though 😂
The older "twee" woman from Nottingham is getting on my nerves already. I can barely understand what she is saying as she talks so quietly.
Asmaa is brilliant, wonder where she finds the time to be amazing at so many things.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't know how that guy got away with the harness stuff on his transformation challenge. Usually they call out on something completely impractical or overly revealing.

Reactions: 6
I don't know how that guy got away with the harness stuff on his transformation challenge. Usually they call out on something completely impractical or overly revealing.
When Esme criticised one person for not transforming the shirt enough and then was basically half a shirt still!

They all seem like a nice bunch though. Convinced Tony the skateboarding postman is what happens when you ask AI to create the ultimate 'quirky' Sewing Bee contestant

Loved all of Asmaa's garments but Lauren's dress was my favourite - so flattering

The older "twee" woman from Nottingham is getting on my nerves already. I can barely understand what she is saying as she talks so quietly.
If you have watched Detectorists she reminds me so much of Sheila, Terry's wife.
Sort of whispery and, as you say, twee.
If you haven't watched it this won't mean anything to you 😂

• Heart
If you have watched Detectorists she reminds me so much of Sheila, Terry's wife.
Sort of whispery and, as you say, twee.
If you haven't watched it this won't mean anything to you 😂
Oh my god YES!! She is a real life Sheila! Absolutely love The Detectorists ❤

Really enjoying this being back on. I thought Asmaa’s blouse was gorgeous and her dress was so elegant, really beautiful. I think she may be the one to watch.

Oh my goodness, that backpack challenge was so HARD for week 2! I'm amazed they managed to do even reasonably well in the time allotted.

This is a pretty strong lot this year -Asmaa in particular is marvellous. They're certainly a lot more inventive and amusing in the Transformation Challenge than last years' lot!

Reactions: 4
Jilly was sweet but just not with it. She did what she wanted, not really caring she was in a competition!

My favourite are the bloke from Cornwall who just gets on with it. Usmaa - spelling?,shame she burnt her cossie, it was well constructed. The black lady. Sorry, not remembering their names yet.

I am looking forward to the west Africa week.

Howling at waterproof triangle crotch 😆

I loved Tony the postman's swimming costume - would genuinely love to buy it!

Reactions: 3
This latest series not grabbing people’s attention judging by lack of posts on the new series?

Yeah, I think i’d rather jusy buy backbacks and swimming costumes, I can’t be bothered with sewing lycra and using hardware etc :ROFLMAO:

The ginger guy, can’t remember his name, his swim suit was an abomination with those darts and fitting issues. Asmaa did well again except for the burn, her swimsuit fit really well, I thought, though not sure why they were all ironing lycra!!

I think so far, Asmaa, Vicky, Mia and the Postman (Tony?) are ones to watch. I think the ginger guy will go soon, he seems a bit clumsy, has ideas, but clumsy.

I swear I’ve been following Lauren on Instagram for a while, I sew so over the past few years have been gradually following lots of sewists. She looks familiar.

Oh my goodness, that backpack challenge was so HARD for week 2! I'm amazed they managed to do even reasonably well in the time allotted.

This is a pretty strong lot this year -Asmaa in particular is marvellous. They're certainly a lot more inventive and amusing in the Transformation Challenge than last years' lot!
Yeah I thought swimsuits was so hard for week 2 too!

Reactions: 3
This latest series not grabbing people’s attention judging by lack of posts on the new series?
I'm really enjoying it but for me its an easy watch so never something I feel I really need to comment on as it never stirs strong emotions one way or another