Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted man ye to win, Sara is much much better than pottery throw down woman who’s awful.

Brogan shouldn’t have made the final and she was behind the other three in all the challenges. The pink outfit particularly looked unfinished but it was fab
Just re-read this and it makes no sense 🙄. The program was fab not brogans unflattering outfit

Reactions: 1
Just caught up and like many others it was the right winner for me. I thought Annie was so genuine and (nothing to do with sewing) but has the most beautiful face. I wasn’t overly struck with any of the jumpsuits if I’m honest but Annie’s last few made to measures have been fab.

Whats Esme’s book called? I’d love to read it as I find her fascinating. Imagine a night out with her in the 80s and 90s - I bet she was chaos! 😂

Reactions: 3
« No capes, darling! I don’t make capes! » I think Esme would disagree with Edna on that one, I can see her rocking a cape!
Joe Lycett as a presenter is perfect! His childlike enthusiasm and silly puns are really well dosed. It took me a while to get used to him after Claudia Winkleman, but love him now.

Marnis doing my head in already
I am only a few episodes in, but I like Marni- she reminds me of one of my sisters, so that is probably why!

Last edited:
I loved this series, just finished watching it today! The guys in this batch were really weak, and I am just so pleased with the winner! I called that Sara Pascoe was pregnant by episode 2 or 3, as she mentioned crystals from a friend while doing IVF with another contestant who also had some on their work table, her face seemed fuller and she started wearing lots of loose/baggy/flowy tops. She definitely looked a bit unwell in some episodes too.
I had such a soft spot for Gill, I love that she didn’t have a whole sob story like the contestants on X Factor ( ”I am having such a hard time, my second cousin’s boyfriend’s mum’s hamster got the measles/my brother’s best friend’s great aunt‘s ferret got the flu, I feel absolutely devastated, but don’t forget to vote for me, even though my performance was terrible!”).
Debra’s husband seems like such a sweetheart, what he said about her made me well up.
Annie’s husband/partner is really handsome, very young Idris Elba-looking. Their baby has some great genes!
Brogan annoyed me, as liking pink and puffed sleeves are not personality traits. I kept wanting to call her Bronwyn or Bronagh-her sister had a nice, normal name, shame her parents didn’t give her one too!
Man Yee was awesome too.
I loved having it set somewhere other than London.
Esme is so incredibly cool, super talented and I loved her outfits and jewellery. Patrick is handsome, love a good-looking man in a well-cut suit, though I normally prefer little to no facial hair!

Reactions: 8
Also, Brogan’s baby voice made me want to rip my eardrums out!
She teaches Secondary Modern Foreign Languages, hopefully at a lovely private school where the children won’t make fun of her cottage core, pink, puff-sleeved outfits and her voice!

Reactions: 2
She teaches Secondary Modern Foreign Languages, hopefully at a lovely private school where the children won’t make fun of her cottage core, pink, puff-sleeved outfits and her voice!
The voice was shocking.

Reactions: 1
Well quite. I found it incredible that someone with such an affected voice is a teacher. She HAS to teach in a very nice little private school full of delightful little poppets. She'd be ripped to shreds in any other school.

Either that or she put on the ickle girlie voice for the telly and speaks in a normal voice at work. I did know someone like this, only it was the other way round. She talked in this breathy ickle girlie voice at work and it drove her colleagues mad. But when she was on the phone to her family she talked in a normal voice. It was bizarre!

For anyone who missed it, the Christmas Special of the Sewing Bee was on tonight and will be on iPlayer.

Highlights include:
  • Johannes off Strictly teaching Esme how to dance, complete with a spin and a dip
  • Natalie Cassidys' Noel Gallagher impersonations (hysterically weird)
  • One of the models deciding to give it 110% on the catwalk in a Harry Styles jumpsuit (and realising a little too late his underwear was not supportive/concealing enough to be doing those moves on a pre-watershed TV show)
  • Patrick Grant looking handsome, wandering around carrying an adorable 10 month old baby girl in an angel costume, absolutely shameless pandering to the target audience, well done Sewing Bee team
  • Patrick dressed up as Cher in a long wig and eyeliner at the end, also shameless pandering to the target audience, well done Sewing Bee Team

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I am finding Patrick a bit seedy looking recently. He was so good looking when this first started.

Not that is anything to do with sewing.

Reactions: 2