Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
It wasn't just that that blue to green dress looked so good in both incarnations, and worked so well - it was the sheer elegance of the reveal.

It had me thinking of that film - Hunger Games - where the main characters' clothes apparently burst into flames - but this was done without any CGI, just imagination, hard work and skill.

I wanted Asmaa to win so much - I ws terrified she would have a "bad week" and lose it all through sheer ill luck.

And I think the fabric Asmaa and Tony chose for the victoriana dresses was cheap looking baking foil 😂

Also totally agree with this comment from @emmer_moans.

It looked nasty!

Reactions: 14

Eureka

VIP Member
Not a fan of Damien. Too cocky. That type gets on my nerves.
I don't see that at all. He knows he's not the best and I find him quite self deprecating, its almost like he can't believe he's still there and is just enjoying the experience.

I like Damian. I don't really find him cocky - he's confident but he knows he's not the best.

I don't really have a favourite at the moment. I think this week's show was tough but they were all impressive.

Patrick, Esme and Joe make this show brilliant. They're all so good at what they do and so watchable on this.
I love the jokes Joe makes about Patrick and Esme.

• Heart

MuthaCuppa

It’s the little girl voice, teamed with the cutesy outfits and describing her own work as “perfection” makes her extremely annoying to watch. She is really talented, but I can’t wait to see her mess up!

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
Damian makes me laugh. He reminds me of that Yorkshire actor in Ashes to Ashes who is a bit un PC. I have not heard Damian say anything un PC, but he doesn’t fit the usual sewing male demographic, he looks like a pie and a pint man and a speaks as he finds sort of guy.

• Heart
  • Sad

House of Tea

VIP Member
Shame this thread is so dead.

I really like this bunch of sewers. They are there for the sew, not for fame.

And Sara P has been low-key and I like her for that.

Reactions: 13

Mark81

VIP Member
I suspect raph maybe the long term winner in career terms. He already has a pretty cool job and this raised profile and his flare for design should see him in a good place to build on the exposure

• Heart

Stillwater

VIP Member
Tony’s dress was so cute - what a great idea.

But nitpicky on Mia’s Christmas dress - but she’s so good I guess they have to reach a bit.

I also wasn’t aware of the rules on this thread. I don’t read here until I’ve watched - I’m in charge of that.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I am glad the winner won.

P.s. we need more Patricks in the world. He seems like a really genuine person.

Kinvarra

Aw I love Joe. To have such a wonky sense of humour and be on this really mainstream show is quite an achievement.

Raph’s garment was exquisite.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Happy with the winner - her made to measure wasn't my favourite of the 4, but it was the the most impactful and I can see why it won it for her

Just to add, Debra's husband was a bit of a silver fox, and Annie and her partner must be the best looking couple in the UK 😍 😆

And I loved all the old photos of Esme and her amazing dress

uokhun92

Chatty Member
I’m gutted it’s finished tbh. Even if I haven’t got a clue how to do it myself I love pretty much any programme/contest where normal people are showcasing skills in their field. Too many mind numbing TV shows on these days where people get famous for having zero talent, just a pretty face/good body!

• Heart

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
The details on Serenas dress were exceptional and I could see the Killing Eve inspiration. Not my thing but I could imagine it on a red carpet. Rebecca’s was wedding guest 100%, scuba feels cheap to me and it needs a lot less skill on the fittings. Ralph’s just didn’t look right somehow. I thought the drapes would be longer and as Mr Mr Mercury pointed out she looked like a quality street. The right fabric could ha r made all the difference.

Anyway I cried at her crying, other people crying and the little catch up at the end. I love this show ♥

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
That was such a horrid challenge really in as much as crochet isn’t meant to be treated or used like that. I felt it was rather anti the theme as well, given they took good blankets out of the second hand market and turned them into items that aren’t likely to be worn, plus the waste from cutting 🤷‍♀️

Using the handmade gifted baby blanket seemed a bit brutal. And Patrick dissed those sleeves.
Same with the tote bags as well - it looked like they'd bought in a load of brand new tote bags which would other wise have had useful long lives. Ironic given Patrick saying you need to get lots of use out of them to reduce their carbon footprint

• Sad
Reactions: 12

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
may Martin taught in some fancy uni, she was super superior and didn’t like Patrick getting asked questions over her. Prefer Esmeralda as she waits her turn to touch garments and is more fun. Think May was wrong for the show and said when she left it impacted on her teaching schedule andhated the hotel stay and long filming days.

miss when they did more of how the garments came together, zips and seam and stuff, more interesting. Now it’s more personality based.
miss the history of fabrics or clothesbut I love esme and Patrick and the standardof sewers has improved. I couldn’t go on there anymore
miss when they did more of how the garments came together, zips and seam and stuff, more interesting.

Agree.

But regarding the challenges in general - I do wish they would give them a bit more time. It's getting like on bake off when they expect them to cook a 20 min cake in 15 mins sort of thing.

Catlady1

VIP Member
I like the bit at the end where they tell you what they’re all doing now. Always brings a tear to me eye. The right person won

AngryBird

It's all up to the edit. I try not to assume too much about anyone. I think Farie should've gone weeks ago. Not finishing is terrible over and over even if she is lovely and talented. I loved the outfit with the red jacket Serena made. What a stunner! It's going to be close between her and Rafe.

Baconbutties

VIP Member
I was underwhelmed by all the dresses but I think Serena did deserve to win. Damien made the series for me though. Hilarious.