Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

orangelolly

Chatty Member
Does anyone know when the next episode is on, which was advertised at the end? Also after watching last night’s episode I have discovered there are lots of series on Sky so I’m currently watching series 1!

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I will be rewatching my favourite series this weekend. For anyone who hasn't watched all of them, I highly recommend season 3. Great characters and great sewers. I loved Lorna, who was so elegant and she got in to sewing because of how tall she was, and Neil who was in the army and sewed dresses for his wife as well as fixing everyone else's clothes when deployed.
What did you think of the winner that year? I remember he seemed to come a bit out of left field. I remember Lorna and the army guy being consistently the best while the winner seemed to veer between above-average to good. Although, the army guy seemed to seal his fate by designing the dreaded skanklet. Patrick was aghast.

1001 others

VIP Member
Oh dear ... so, when I first posted I was watching a series hosted by Claudia and the judges were lovely. This week, I watched a later series hosted by a guy (who is not funny - and cracks jokes that nobody laughs at), and the two judges aren't as nice as the ones I remember from the first show. Why, oh why, did they change it?

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Episode 2: I think the right person left this time.

I loved the paper bag shorts - maybe one day I will have a go at making some myself. I like Serena’s fabric choices - so far the colours and patterns are exactly what I would choose too.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Also, Brogan’s baby voice made me want to rip my eardrums out!
She teaches Secondary Modern Foreign Languages, hopefully at a lovely private school where the children won’t make fun of her cottage core, pink, puff-sleeved outfits and her voice!
Well quite. I found it incredible that someone with such an affected voice is a teacher. She HAS to teach in a very nice little private school full of delightful little poppets. She'd be ripped to shreds in any other school.

Either that or she put on the ickle girlie voice for the telly and speaks in a normal voice at work. I did know someone like this, only it was the other way round. She talked in this breathy ickle girlie voice at work and it drove her colleagues mad. But when she was on the phone to her family she talked in a normal voice. It was bizarre!

Loubywoobywoo

Chatty Member
They still have the odd historical fashion interlude and Esme and/or Patrick normally tell us a bit about the fabric(s) the sowers have to/should use.

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I didn’t think Man Yee’s pyjamas looked that great. The piping was popping out of the collar, it was all wobbly and the shirt was pulling up at the front. Maybe it was the best of a bad bunch.
So pleased others have noticed how badly constructed they were. Absolutely no idea why they were garment of the week. That piping was bloody awful.

Clickbait

VIP Member
Agree Kiell doesn’t seem a good fit. It feels like they’ve decided that the presenter needs to be quirky and they’re all subsequently trying to fit in that mould. Some can do it more naturally than others.

Thought Toyah’s face looked a bit odd and it gave me flashbacks to those lockdown videos when she wanted to show off her boob job 🫣

Dizzy

VIP Member
Can't see anyone else other than Brogan winning this. She's coming across as the judges favourite. Funny as it seemed Marnie was the 'star' in the first week, but she's been really quiet with less focus on her since then.
Yes agreed. I thought she'd be really strong but she seems to have gone to pot a bit. Obviously she's still a billion times better than I'll ever be!