Great British Sewing Bee

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Debra may be the winner but I think Annie has really came out the last few weeks. Man-Yee’s PJs were gorgeous, I would wear them (I’m a women).
Totally agree with all this! And Brogans voice seems to be getting worse 😣

Reactions: 1
I could imagine Brogan getting a book deal etc regardless of where she comes in the final. Fashion of the moment stuff with puffy sleeves etc or cutsey baby stuff. Her social media style is perfect for that.

Reactions: 6
Whoever did the editing this week was on fire. That look on Debra’s face when Brogan got criticism 😂

• Haha
I like Brogan, very voice is a bit annoying but I think her makes are lovely but I am jealous I can’t pull off a big collar and puff sleeve.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t think Man Yee’s pyjamas looked that great. The piping was popping out of the collar, it was all wobbly and the shirt was pulling up at the front. Maybe it was the best of a bad bunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I didn’t think Man Yee’s pyjamas looked that great. The piping was popping out of the collar, it was all wobbly and the shirt was pulling up at the front. Maybe it was the best of a bad bunch.
She said on her Instagram that they commentated on both the negatives and positives of it but not everything was in the final cut. So I imagine it was the best of a bad bunch rather than any conspiracy!

When Man-Yee said ... "I don't have many men in my life" I wanted to scream "Here! Man-Yee, Here!". I think she's adorable and I think she might win. She's quite shy and because I personally find Brogan so in your face all the time she tends to fade into the background and stay quiet.

I've gotten to the point with Sarah Pascoe I have to mute her when she starts talking. The whole talk like a baby schtick and twee nonsensical observations and comments is so tiring to me, she's basically ripped-off Noel Fielding's irritating act from Bake-Off. It's just not my idea of humour, that's all. If it works for you, I'm jealous.

It was also quite an eye opener for me to see how much work goes into making a bra, I kinda see why they are so expensive.

It was also quite an eye opener for me to see how much work goes into making a bra, I kinda see why they are so expensive.
Same. I sew dresses and tops for myself but I cannot be bothered with getting all the specific notions to make bras and then deal with the fiddliness and fitting. I'd get more joy making dresses 😅

Reactions: 1
I’m late to this thread so apologies if it has been discussed before..does anyone know what happened to Joe Lycett? Previous series I’ve religiously watched Sewing Bee week on week but this time have found myself just dipping in and out..can’t take to Sara Pascoe on it at all.

I suspect his schedule just got too heavy and something had to go. He's got his own two shows on Channel 4 now (Got Your Back, and Travel Man) and also has a fairly heavy live comedy tour schedule going on at present. He was probably only contracted on a series-by-series basis, and decided that as he'd done 3 years of the Bee it was time to move on to other things (Channel 4 probably pay rather better, and Travel Man is a very attractive prospect for any young TV star: 8 weekends of jolly holidays abroad with a funny mate? Yes, please!)

Brogan irritates me. Not so much her voice ( I have a strong Yorkshire accent and think my voice would irritate viewers) but I think she’s maybe a bit smug. Could be wrong. I thought the same about Serena last year. Really started to dislike them as it went on. I think Debra could win it with Annie and Man yee in the final with her.
I don’t mind Sara presenting. Really thought I wouldn’t like as I don’t think anyone could really replace Joe but she’s doing alright.

Brogan irritates me. Not so much her voice ( I have a strong Yorkshire accent and think my voice would irritate viewers) but I think she’s maybe a bit smug.
What Brogan wants Brogan gets ... know what I mean? Can't stand her.

I don’t think Sara is a natural presenter, perhaps she’ll get better as time goes on.

I don’t mind her when she’s chatting to the contestants as much but when she’s doing the linky bits it feels like she’s reading every word slowly.

and I’ve also got it into my head the Patrick and Esme don’t like her so I feel a bit uncomfortable watching their bits together (I have no basis for this opinion, it just doesn’t feel as natural as with Joe but I can’t remember how it was when he first started!)

I think i read an interview with joe where he said he esme and patrick would go clubbing together and had a whatsapp group together. Maybe because sara has a child and is married or whatever patrick and esme haven't done as much with her so they may not be as close.

No one in my house is liking Sara, we all prefer Joe. Is she pregnant in this series? Does that mean she won't be doing another?

Reactions: 3
So pleased others have noticed how badly constructed they were. Absolutely no idea why they were garment of the week. That piping was bloody awful.