Great British Bake Off #3 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soo do you reckon gbbo will be postponed with the Queen dying?
I know they'll postpone strictly and things on the BBC but not sure if ch4 will have to do the same

Reactions: 1
I bloody well hope not!
Things are miserable enough what with war in Ukraine, hyper inflation, energy prices. And you guys will be mourning your glorious leader too.
We definitely don't need the added misery of GBBO being cancelled!!

Reactions: 2
This year's contestants.

I think we know who this years irritating as hell 'zany' contestant is going to be .....

View attachment 1547974
Why are so many of them from London? There’s not a Norman-esque contestant this year which is a shame. Kevin’s a fellow Lanarkshire person so I hope he’s not a dick. Cba with Carol already.

Agree with previous poster about the over the top challenges. I think it would be stressful enough without throwing in evermore impossible and ludicrous challenges for the sake of added drama. Bake off always had a comforting, cosy vibe and it’s lost that somewhat recently.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know what the bakes for episode 1 are yet? Me and my husband like to buy in something related to the theme as a treat to enjoy while it’s on.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone know what the bakes for episode 1 are yet? Me and my husband like to buy in something related to the theme as a treat to enjoy while it’s on.
That's very clever...I always watch these shows and then say....I NEED CAKE....and I never have any lol

Reactions: 6
That's very clever...I always watch these shows and then say....I NEED CAKE....and I never have any lol
We’ve done it for the last couple of series and it sadly becomes the highlight of my week! We have to wait for the “and on next week’s show” bit at the end then spend a few days deciding what to have to fit the theme. I might go a generic sponge cake or something for the first week if I don’t find out more info before then.

We’ve done it for the last couple of series and it sadly becomes the highlight of my week! We have to wait for the “and on next week’s show” bit at the end then spend a few days deciding what to have to fit the theme. I might go a generic sponge cake or something for the first week if I don’t find out more info before then.
You should probably get a selection of things just in case.....

I normally catch up on Bake Off when I'm on the treadmill, I don't know if that's a good thing or not 😬

• Haha
I didn't realise it was tomorrow until I saw someone mention it on the MAFS thread! I love when autumn rolls around and suddenly there's loads of TV to watch 🥰

Reactions: 5
@Pocahontas is there a way to merge both threads?

@Pocahontas is there a way to merge both threads?

Done, and I’ll rename this one to Great British Bake Off

• Heart
Only just found out yesterday that bake off was starting again tonight!! I’m so excited
I made cupcakes yesterday so we’ll eat those😅

Cake week is my fave!

Reactions: 3