Great British Bake Off #3 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope it's ok to bake (not a typo) a new thread. The new series starts on Tuesday 13th September. I have missed my Bake Off Tuesdays.

One of my favourite moments to get us all in the mood:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can’t wait! It’s literally the only show I watch on terrestrial tv.

Reactions: 9
Reactions: 4
Not keen on the announcement that the challenges will be harder! Last year it felt like they were enjoying giving complex tasks and not enough time because the stress and panic made for good TV, but I always hated that. I'd rather see people thrive and make something to the best of their abilities rather than struggling to produce something which doesn't cool in time and makes the decoration melt off !!

Reactions: 17
Not keen on the announcement that the challenges will be harder! Last year it felt like they were enjoying giving complex tasks and not enough time because the stress and panic made for good TV, but I always hated that. I'd rather see people thrive and make something to the best of their abilities rather than struggling to produce something which doesn't cool in time and makes the decoration melt off !!
Completely agree, giving people impossible challenges and seeing who does the "least worst" is really unfair.

What kills me is setting a challenge on a really hot day that involves chocolate or cold elements. I know full well that on those days they make no effort to keep the tent cool so it's harder on the contestants. Anyone who has been at a wedding in a marquee in a warm country knows that it's no trouble to plug in a couple of mobile air con units. But no . . in the GBBO tent the customers have to battle the heat as well as each other

Reactions: 17
It's not good TV either. It's boring now and if I wanted to see someone make a low to average quality cake I'd make one myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I guess the only thing about doing to complex challenges is that it's visually better for TV? We can't taste what they are making, so it has to look good to appeal. That's the only thing I can think? I much rather see everyday things done well, the technical challenge is my favourite! But even the lack of knowledge in that shows that the contestants are chosen to make good TV rather than for their baking talent.

Reactions: 2
I guess the only thing about doing to complex challenges is that it's visually better for TV? We can't taste what they are making, so it has to look good to appeal. That's the only thing I can think? I much rather see everyday things done well, the technical challenge is my favourite! But even the lack of knowledge in that shows that the contestants are chosen to make good TV rather than for their baking talent.
Yeah but that's the thing- the contestants are rarely capable of the complex challenges so their bakes just end up looking a bit tit. They should leave that to 'bake off professionals' and just focus on the everyday stuff. I think that's what most viewers prefer!

Reactions: 9
Exactly! And often the complex challenges aren't even chosen with visual appeal in mind: they literally just ask for too much in too little time because it puts pressure on. Like a 10 layered mousse or something, they don't have enough time to set and end up being slush! I don't watch bake off to see people stressed out, part of the charm is the banter they can all have as they cook etc.

The world is stressful enough channel 4! Let us have our nice warm cosy show to escape it all!!! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8