Great British Bake Off #3 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah never really understood the need for two presenters or maybe have 1 regular presenter and I different guest 1 every week mix it up a bit I don't mind Alison but I'm not sure she is right for this gig
I guess because originally it was Mel and Sue who always presented as a double act back then. They'd presented Light Lunch (with the same production company IIRC) as a double act very well indeed. But the difference is that they were a true double act, not just two randoms dumped together like Noel and Alison. Personally I'd just have Noel.

Reactions: 7
Oh I really can’t be doing with Alison. You just know Noel’s jokes will fly over her head yet she’ll roar with laughter.

Reactions: 10
I do like Alison to an extent but I love Noel, not sure how they’ll work together though. Hopefully they’ll surprise us!

I am glad the producers took the viewer’s feedback on board though and acknowledged that last year was poor.

Reactions: 2
Oh I really can’t be doing with Alison. You just know Noel’s jokes will fly over her head yet she’ll roar with laughter.
After Stacey Solomon who did not fit in at all in Bake Off The Professionals you would think they would realise that they need someone less manic to work alongside the bakers.

Reactions: 1
I didn't mind Matt Lucas very much, he was nice, polite, didn't annoy them too much and made the odd joke. Noel is great.
What we definitely don't need is someone who thinks their "job" is to be funny, or loud or whatever. The format of this show sells itself, it doesn't need much from the presenters, except to talk to the contestants and stay out of the way.

Absolutely ridiculous that there aren't "country" themed weeks any more.

Like, I'm not one of these people that condemns everything progressive as "the woke brigade gone mad". I think that's an overly simplistic view.

But as the quote goes "Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe [the quote above] is right"

Like who actually complained about Mexican week, or German week? Did any Mexicans or Germans actually complain? Or was it some killjoy on Twitter who said that these episodes were "problematic"

Reactions: 8
I didn't mind Matt Lucas very much, he was nice, polite, didn't annoy them too much and made the odd joke. Noel is great.
What we definitely don't need is someone who thinks their "job" is to be funny, or loud or whatever. The format of this show sells itself, it doesn't need much from the presenters, except to talk to the contestants and stay out of the way.

I completely agree. Unfortunately I think that's exactly what Alison is going to be like because she really likes the sound of her own voice.

I love Noel. I think he's great with the contestants. He and Sandi were really good together. Shame she left.

Reactions: 4
I must be in the minority as I really struggle with Noel, he doesn’t seem to have any interest in baking and has never been funny.

Absolutely ridiculous that there aren't "country" themed weeks any more.

Like, I'm not one of these people that condemns everything progressive as "the woke brigade gone mad". I think that's an overly simplistic view.

But as the quote goes "Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe [the quote above] is right"

Like who actually complained about Mexican week, or German week? Did any Mexicans or Germans actually complain? Or was it some killjoy on Twitter who said that these episodes were "problematic"
“Funny” and loud seems to be Alison’s entire personality so I can’t see her doing anything else unfortunately. You just know she’s going to be inserting herself into everything, “helping” the contestants, shrieking with laughter and bellowing like a bloody foghorn.

• Heart
I found Matt irritating and it was cringeworthy watching him try to be funny and a lot of his jokes go down like a lead balloon. I think Noel mostly pitches his humour well and knows when to leave the person alone!
I am reserving judgment on Alison, but think that she will be quite supportive. I like her and appreciate her daftness! 🙈

Reactions: 1
After Stacey Solomon who did not fit in at all in Bake Off The Professionals you would think they would realise that they need someone less manic to work alongside the bakers.
But her replacement is horrendous. I actually didn’t mind Stacy on the show.
I don’t get why the hosts need to do silly skits or make jokes constantly. I think the best pairing (for me personally) was Sandi and Noel.

Reactions: 5
I cannot stand Alison Hammond and I am genuinely bewildered how she gets employment on tv. I'm so disappointed she has been given Bake Off:cry:

Reactions: 2
I cannot stand Alison Hammond and I am genuinely bewildered how she gets employment on tv. I'm so disappointed she has been given Bake Off:cry:
I don’t actually dislike her. I just think her personality and constant loudness is completely the wrong fit for Bake Off.

Reactions: 5
I live in the US and several Mexican/ Mexican-American friends I know were pretty frustrated - not so much because of the sombrero/ puns etc but the challenges set just didn't seem very Mexican/ were (apart from the tacos) pretty generic across Hispanic countries (if I remember right!). I think if they'd got a chef experienced with Mexican cooking to set the challenges/ be a guest judge then it would have been different-their frustration was very much with the challenges/ not Noel and Matt's jokes.

But that would involve Paul having to admit there's something he doesn't know and I can't see him doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I live in the US and several Mexican/ Mexican-American friends I know were pretty frustrated - not so much because of the sombrero/ puns etc but the challenges set just didn't seem very Mexican/ were (apart from the tacos) pretty generic across Hispanic countries (if I remember right!). I think if they'd got a chef experienced with Mexican cooking to set the challenges/ be a guest judge then it would have been different-their frustration was very much with the challenges/ not Noel and Matt's jokes.

But that would involve Paul having to admit there's something he doesn't know and I can't see him doing that.
Interesting, thanks for the insight