Great British Bake Off 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is annoyed by this. There is no need. It's as if if thinks everything is going to be hard!
he bugs me to doing this but also the way prue puts the cake in her mouth equally annoys me 🙈

Reactions: 5
he bugs me to doing this but also the way prue puts the cake in her mouth equally annoys me 🙈
Yes! I watched the final this afternoon and it is annoying. She sort of bends down in half to meet the cake with her mouth open all the way, rather than raise the cake to her mouth 😂
(That sounds so petty 🤦‍♀️)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don't know if it's just my bad eyesight but I haven't got a bloody clue what Dan's says. I can just about make out Josh & Matty's:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ugh the way Paul aggressively cuts into the bakes is so annoying
Slightly off topic (I agree about the way he cuts into the cakes) but watch John Torode on Masterchef. The way he puts the food in his mouth is as if the fork has been dipped in dogshit!

• Haha
Having only just watched the final on catch-up, I have to agree with the majority of comments about this series/the final - i.e. fair play to Matty but I thought Josh was really hard-done by and was glad Dan's smug/patronising approach failed.

I can't stand Paul "Hollywood"s over-inflated ego or the way the GBBO producers indulge it with the 'handshake' crap. His comments to Josh on the showstopper were unnecessarily harsh and I'm fully convinced he voted for Matty to win to spite Josh for being consistently better than Dan.

Also: it didn't surprise me in the slightest to see photos of young Dan in LFC kit; Driftwood has long had a bee in his bonnet about anyone who doesn't support his beloved scummy favourite football team. 🤨🙄

Josh was robbed he was objectively the best, Matty is 2nd as he has improved throughout the series, Dan definitely was in the right spot. I think Paul was jealous of Josh at the end and wanted to put him down a peg!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it must have been a difficult judging between Josh and Matty. Josh was good but his showstopper didn't look very good (and was there some comments of lack of taste), but Matty's wasn't quite perfect either - although it looked very good (and flavours were there).
But overall I think it wasn't as wow as previous years' finals.

Reactions: 1
I liked all three finalists.

However why did Matty win. :unsure:His showstopper wasn't good and his overall trajectory throughout the show wasn't outstanding.

Josh on the other hand was consistently good and was a worthy winner. I was stunned when they announced the winner.:eek:

Reactions: 9

However why did Matty win. :unsure:His showstopper wasn't good and his overall trajectory throughout the show wasn't outstanding.

Josh on the other hand was consistently good and was a worthy winner. I was stunned when they announced the winner.:eek:
The only thing wrong with Matty's showstopper was that it was leaning slightly. It had a great bake and tasted amazing.

Josh's was bland and the design wasn't good.

That's why Matty won.

Reactions: 4
The only thing wrong with Matty's showstopper was that it was leaning slightly. It had a great bake and tasted amazing.

Josh's was bland and the design wasn't good.

That's why Matty won.
So he won because of his final production.

For me that is really unfair.:cry:

Reactions: 6
So he won because of his final production.

For me that is really unfair.:cry:
No, he did really well in his first bake too. Granted the technical didn't go great, but for some reason this never seems to count for much.

Paul and Pru said that going into the showstopper it was between Matty and Josh. So Josh doing badly and Matty doing well swung it Matty's way.

There's only one reason why Matty won - journey. These programmes love a journey. Also he wasn't full of himself and was very self deprecating.

Reactions: 12
Quite enjoyed the Christmas episode this year I don't always bother obvious who was going to win though
I think there's a new year one next week too

Reactions: 4
Dan was robbed in the Christmas bake-off! I don’t know how Sophie could win when they admitted her bread was burnt.

I thought sophie looked an awful lot thinner in the Xmas special, but , IMO , it didnt suit her. I think she looks kind of drawn