Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kja3232

So Tasha’s been talking all series but suddenly comes last in a technical so stops talking??

UGHH she frustrates me so much!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 38

mrsbucket

VIP Member
Has there been any stand out bake this series? I honestly can't think of anything. Nothing that sits in my mind like Nadiya's pop cake, Victoria's Blackbird pie cake or Paul's lion bread.
I think Josh's illusion showstopper from biscuit week was amazing. It feels so long ago but surely belongs in the bake off hall of fame?

Screenshot_20231122-081756.png

Based on baking ability Josh should probably win.. but I'm still backing Matty as my fave!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Rainbow Blossom

Feel a bit mean saying this but I think Tasha used her disability to score pity points tonight after a poor technical and that isn’t cool.
Christy behaved like a spoiled child too.

• Wow
Reactions: 37

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
I can’t believe they were even considering Tasha for star baker when she came last with her technical. I mean wtf

Reactions: 34

shugabug23

Chatty Member
I loved the start of this years Bake Off. with Alison’s bubbliness and working well with Noel.. the challenges getting back to basics and not shite theme weeks..

But I fear they got rid of the wrong people too early. Rowan was a great watch and I enjoyed Abbi’s quirkiness too (proper GBBO contestant!) A bit like Strictly got rid of Les Dennis too early so there’s no one to laugh at 🤣 Even Nikki I found funny at times.

Now Cristy is boooooring the life outta me, Dan’s really rubbing people up the wrong way with his smug attitude, Matty doesn’t have what it takes to make the final, Josh is a bit forgettable & simple tbf and Tasha has started giving me the ick. Saku was my only hope I can’t believe she went out I was always hooting laughing at her!

Reactions: 33

Goujon

Chatty Member
I am only coming in on this thread at the end. Gutted for Josh he was the best during the season but fair is fair Matty deserved it based on the final.

I just want to say a word about Alison Hammond. I was very skeptical of her at the start, and thought she was too loud and try hard. But I have to say I warmed to her as the season went on. She didn't try to be funny. She was just warm, friendly, liked a bit of a laugh and was generally a nice presence. The best thing I can say is that she was completely unpretentious, which is really nice in a show like this.

Reactions: 30

Clickbait

VIP Member
I grow to dislike Paul Hollywood more and more. Pru is not far behind either. :rolleyes:
He was unnecessarily unpleasant to Josh about his cake. It’s fine to critique the flavour and the bake, but their show stopper was supposed to be based on an elevated version of their first ever bake. He could have said that he felt Josh had delivered more exciting flavours in other rounds, the boring comment was not needed.

It’s clear PH will cling onto GBBO until the death because without it he doesn’t have a TV career. He’s just not likeable enough to front other programmes as they’ve all bombed. He has such an inflated sense of his own worth I imagine he’s difficult to work with. And a total walking cliche - as soon as he gets a bit of fame he ditches his wife of 15 years for a younger model 🙄

Reactions: 28

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
There's no one this year that really makes me want to root for them, no one I've loved since day one and really wanted in the final.

Josh is sweet and seems to just get on with things without any drama, so for that reason alone he's my favourite this year.

Reactions: 27

Clickbait

VIP Member
Dan’s smugness reached new levels. Just watched last night’s and came to read the comments. No one has mentioned his comment to Josh when he won:
“Well done Pal you deserve that: you’ve been knocking on my door for ages. Well done.”

Rightio, so you’re the one to beat then Dan?

Cristy was irritating as hell. Bit sick of them treating Saku like she’s there to help their comedy routines. Realised that Josh creeps me out a bit. Didn’t like Tasha’s behaviour. Thought Matty was lucky to survive. All in all, no one I’m rooting for.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
Yeah I'm sure I read that they make a Victoria sponge cake in each one every day to make sure everything comes out uniform
At the end of each series, they should swing the cameras round to the crew and they all look like really contented hippos :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25

qwikti

Chatty Member
I think Noel and Alison worked surprisingly really really well together. There were loads of moments that I thought that they showed they actually really got on, and it's nice to watch that as a viewer.

Like one of the later weeks where Alison ended a tough showstopper with a clap for the bakers and told them she was proud of them, and Noel looks across the silent tense room and goes '....No one's coming in on that clap, are they?' and both cracked up wheezing 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Cannot believe Dan was through, for the second time this series he should have gone based on that week. Another week of the smugness 🤢

• Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Good show again last night.
Excellent challenges.
Just think, last year the technical challenge would have been some obscure biscuit no one had ever heard of, half an hour to do it, and the instructions would be 'make biscuits'.
Thank goodness they've listened to public demand and gone back to basics. Next week looks good too - bread week.

Reactions: 24

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Dear God - how rude was Paul to Josh!!! Im sure he could have found a kinder way to say he didn't like his cake than it was boring. The poor boy must have been crushed.

And a winning cake that's like the leaning tower of pisa!!! Bake off has gone down hill.

I was pleased for Matty but really wasn't bothered who won.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Is there anyone else who gets annoyed when he keeps crumbing the cakes as if he is trying to mash a banana for a baby.
Or he’s always sticking his fingers in the cakes too. He’s a bread maker, he’s not known for his cakes. Prue is a Cordon Bleu trained chef, has had a Michelin Star restaurant, founded several cookery schools - yet the show acts like Paul is the superior baker and judge?
He does annoy me so much because you can just smell the arrogance and cheap aftershave through the TV.