Great British Bake Off 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God I loved Mel! Remember the series when she leaned on the counter and the guys bake was under the cloth 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
God I loved Mel! Remember the series when she leaned on the counter and the guys bake was under the cloth 😂
I loved it when they found out the show couldn't use footage that had music in it, so when bakers were upset and the cameras wanted to get in and film the bakers upset, they jumped in and started to sing popular songs

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I loved it when they found out the show couldn't use footage that had music in it, so when bakers were upset and the cameras wanted to get in and film the bakers upset, they jumped in and started to sing popular songs
I remember reading that! Was because it was on BBC then!!!

Reactions: 3
That and swearing bloody murder. They did that as well. They were so lovely with the contestants.

The hosts since have all focused too much on the comedy stuff and it hasn't had the warmth of Mel and Sue

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That and swearing bloody murder. They did that as well. They were so lovely with the contestants.

The hosts since have all focused too much on the comedy stuff and it hasn't had the warmth of Mel and Sue
Get a grip, get a ruddy grip 😂 I'm sure the swearing was worse than that. They were so lovely with all the contestants.

Reactions: 3
Enjoyed that, more back go basics and like the old bake off.

Allison still wouldn't be my choice but she isn't as overpowering as I feared and an improvement on Matt Lucas who wasn't funny and always looked uncomfortable

Reactions: 13
What a good start to the new series and Alison was surprisingly not as annoying as I anticipated her to be.

Reactions: 8
Not sure I agree with that result as they did so well in the first two challenges :unsure:

Liking Alison so far.

Good old fashioned challenges. No daft 'themes'.

Reactions: 13
Who would have thunk it - giving the bakers enough time to make something they've heard off actually paid off. If this was last series, they've had had 20 mins to knock up a dozen wedding cakes

Reactions: 19
I've always disagreed with anyone going home first episode. It doesn't give you a chance to really get the feel for them. I think, like with the dancing, you should have a week to just see them.

Reactions: 24
Okay, so Alison is definitely a bit more mellow than expected. That's a good thing. Thought there were a few who could have gone tonight. but the person who left really did have a very bad showstopper. Very well deserved star baker too. Flew through all three rounds and their showstopper looked fantastic.

Reactions: 10
Agree that they shouldn't send someone in the first week, there's not enough time to prove themselves but really enjoyed the show. Alison seems a good fit. Looking forward to cosy Tuesday evenings with baked treats.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I love Alison. She’s such a great fit.
Talking of fit, I want Matty to pipe his hot ganache between my cakes.
---
Who would have thunk it - giving the bakers enough time to make something they've heard off actually paid off. If this was last series, they've had had 20 mins to knock up a dozen wedding cakes
Exactly - they were all nice straightforward tasks and I thought the animal cake idea was lovely

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Alison done well! Really enjoyed that first episode. I had a takeaway and a slice of cheesecake as well to try fit the theme lol.
Actually buzzing we have a stealing scandal next week.. My favourite ever was the year the guy presented a bin after his baked alaska was taken out the freezer 🤣🤣🤣
Plenty biscuits in this house, so already sorted for the theme lol!
Think the woman who done the lemon meringue vertical cake will stay a good while as Pauls eye candy!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12