Great British Bake Off 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tuning in for the first time about 2 years i think. Just didn't bother at all last year maybe the year before as well. Gonna give it a go and see if there is any magic coming back for me.

Reactions: 4
I know everyone was dogging on her in the papers, etc. but I'm quite enjoying Alison with Noel. It's early doors, of course.

Reactions: 17
Oh, so a vertical layer cake is just a giant swiss roll? That's not a thing. Just call it a giant swiss roll.

Reactions: 7
Quite enjoying Alison and Noel but I think that’s because Noel could present with a coconut on a stick and I’d enjoy it 😂

there seems to be a lot of finger licking and poking at buttercream in this tent 🫣

Reactions: 11
Where can you go from a hug? Home! 😂

Watching for the 1st time in a good while, just lost its sparkle for me, before I wouldn't have missed it. Liking Alison so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Are Noel's sideburns a new look or have I just not noticed them before? They're staring right at me.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like Alison too, they needed someone a bit more friendly and genuine to balance out kooky Noel.

Still cannot for the life of me figure out how three layers of Swiss roll makes a vertical cake 🤯🤯

What the hell was with Paul hugging that lady.. I thought he’d turned over a new, kinder leaf but nah he’s still an hole 🤣 and what on Earth has Prue got hanging round her neck?

Reactions: 6
Liking all the contestants so far

Also, the magic of being so enthralled in the success of bakes never gets old 😂

Reactions: 6
Alison is ok in this and I'll tell you why....because she isn't the main focus like when she's presenting TM. The main focus in this show are the contestants, the baking and Paul & Prue

Reactions: 21
I bake. I make a lot of tarts and pastry (and my own pasta when I have patience) but vertical cake was new to me!

Reactions: 5
I love Alison and she's perfect for this. She has the mumsy vibe that was missing with Matt

Reactions: 12
Alison seems to be a slightly toned down version of herself, almost like you’re watching her personality without your glasses on 🤣 I’m not complaining…

I love Alison and she's perfect for this. She has the mumsy vibe that was missing with Matt
I agree. I don't watch TM but I was of the era where I watched her on BB. I think she's coming across well. I was disappointed when Sandi left and was patient but this is better than Matt.

I think Alison has enough self awareness to know that she has to tone it down in an environment like this where people are trying to concentrate. I prefer her to Matt’s cringey attempts at making jokes!

• Heart
Reactions: 22