Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Aw poor old Juergs. Gazumped by the Italian in German week.
A well deserved star baker for Giuseppe though. He came out on top in every round.

I wasn't mad on Freya. Her vocal fry was driving me mad, or as my friend called it "Vocal Freya"
George hanging on by the skin on his teeth yet AGAIN! I'm pretty sure he's been at the bottom every single week so far and the only reason he's still here is because there's always been someone slightly worse than him.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Can't wait for Tuesdays, hopefully we'll get some better contestants this year and more stand-out bakes. Not saying the last series they were bad bakers but there were no amazing bakes that we'll think of for years to come like Paul's bread lion!
To this day, I still say that Paul's bread lion was the best thing I've EVER seen on 'Bake Off.
Nothing else has even come close 🦁

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Now this thread has pointed it out, I've noticed Prue always makes comments on calories and it all being fattening. Bloody shut up and eat it!

Freya might be out this week...

Last edited:

abccc_

Chatty Member
I always feel evil saying it, but I LOVE it when someone’s showstopper collapses 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Vanelope

VIP Member
If an Italian wins bake off it will finish a remarkable year for Italy and competitions.

• Haha
  • Heart

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I think Chigs might just nick it or if he doesn’t win I can see him being this seasons breakout star. I think I can see him with the books and tv deals more than the others still there.

Very traditional

VIP Member
They should make the final a public vote after that, Paul and Pru clearly aren't capable of judging. They've made it like if you don't get a handshake you're gone!

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Crystelle irritates me in the same way Rahul did in his year… you don’t enter Bake Off, let alone make it through several weeks without knowing you can bake, so stop acting surprised at good comments. It’s not endearing, it seems fake.

She is so keen to be turned into a gif or a meme with all the OTT theatrics and expressions and I just don’t have time for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I loved Lizzie saying that crying had made her sound really Scouse, as if that was a huge difference from the rest of the time.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
This. It’s always “this Viennese whirl reminds me of my dead cousin” if I was on bake off I’d just be like “Idk i put cherries in it because I like cherries”
Peter Kay parodied this well in Britain's Got the Pop Factor... and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice

I just don't care about your family on these reality TV shows, more cakes less manufactured attempts to play heartstrings!

In the Peter Kay show someone was kicked out because failing their GCSEs and stealing a lion bar from Woolworths wasn't sad enough. So he goes back to the north east to tell his family he's out which causes his gran to die, then Pete Waterman barges into the funeral to tell him now his story is sad enough that he can re enter the contest if he ditches the funeral and goes right back to London. He runs out of the church to his family whooping 🤣

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I don’t enjoy these challenges - I don’t want to see how well they can make a flying plane out of gingerbread, I just want to see a nice cake that is immaculately presented.
I was watching an older episode and the challenge was Victoria sponge! I think Paul Hollywood would pass out at such a passé challenge.
It reminds me of the TV show glow up. It used to be about make up but has morphed into face painting. I watch the show to see make up challenges, not face painting challenges. Same with bake off, I watch the show to see baking challenges, not construction challenges!

• Heart