Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Star baker was the correct choice.
Initial thoughts…
Crystelle I think is going to be the one who doubts herself each week, produces a masterpiece and then appears shocked.
Freya I found a tad annoying and a bit over confident.
Lizzie I think will grate on me by end of week 2. Who am I kidding, she grates on me by end of week 1?! 😆
Love Guiseppe and Jurgen.
Others not had any impact on me yet.
No doubt I’ll have a different view next week! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 26

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
It’s every bake being linked to a personal, family moment does my bonce in.
This. It’s always “this Viennese whirl reminds me of my dead cousin” if I was on bake off I’d just be like “Idk i put cherries in it because I like cherries”

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Sprezza

VIP Member
I can't be the only one who thinks Prue and Maggie don't look that similar apart from the hair. That joke got old very quickly imo I hope they drop it next week

• Heart
Reactions: 24

meredgrave

Won't be tuning in to the final after that result - getting rid of Jurgen before the final is perhaps the most egregious, awful decision in GBBO history. Totally undeserved of going after such a sterling run to this point.

ThePidge

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s been said as haven’t caught up, but I don’t miss mel and sue AND, can I just say, I do not miss the mid episode history lesson.
I really don’t care how scones were made during the Victorian era.

• Haha
  • Heart

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Absolutely disgusted. I knew the minute knobhead Hollywood refused to give Juergen a handshake that he was going to go.
Hollywood shits himself around manly men because his ego doesn't like to be outmanned. He was the same with Paul lion bread a few years ago.

Giuseppe for the win now. I don't like either of the other two.

Princessax

VIP Member
Actually gutted for Lizzie, she made herself a bit vulnerable as what her cake was based on and she did an amazing bake. Bless her!

Reactions: 23

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Same. I've not bothered with it. Especially for Bread Week, Paul becomes an even bigger peacock on Bread Week than normal.
Paul acts like he single handedly created bread.

HANDSHAKEEEEE (I’m getting too excited at this episode 😂)
My elderly relative came around to watch it today with me and went ‘I see that Paul is back to giving out his hand jobs again’ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
She insists she doesn’t know what that means but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if she had a secret tattle account, the amount of smut that she comes out with! Someone on the secret celebrity gossip thread mentioned ‘Kieron Haylor's spatchcock chicken pose’ and when Noel said Cristelle’s chicken was spatchcock I was like ‘nooo, tattle!’

Is the brown hair lady called Amanda? I really liked her octopus!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I think ‘wet knickers’ is a bit much 😂 It’s just joshing around. We are talking about the baking - but also the show as a whole - and that involves the contestants. There’s plenty of posts about contestants people don’t like.

• Heart

DinosaursLayEggs

Genuinely gutted but I hope Jürgen has a strong future ahead of him for baking. Love to see him do a chill baking show, maybe one where you can bake along with him, or a history behind the bakes show

Reactions: 22

ThePidge

VIP Member
Jurgen is so sweet, his voice reminds me of “woooohhoooo big summer blow out!”, from frozen haha!

• Haha

Jen

The It's A Sin cast are doing a Christmas special as well. Actually looking forward to this!

FD6wSxdX0A4OjgO.jpg

• Heart