Great British Bake Off 2021 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
poor jurgen - hate the inconsistency of looking at the whole competition last week but not now??

also very mild tea - a finalist from a few years ago was my parent's work colleague and apparently they hired a mercedes to drive to the tent every week?!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I was so disappointed Jurgen went. Fair enough if it was fair - but it just wasn't. I think excluding him from the handshake was just unkind and possibly affected his performance from then on. You could see he was a bit rattled and subdued about it. Noel going on about it can't have helped.
I bet if the programme was 'live' Jurgen would not have gone. Paul would have read the room better and seen how popular Jurgen was (not that it is a popularity contest I know). As it was P seemed to dislike him and probably thought viewers would see him as a bit of an odd bod and no loss.
Very wrong.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
poor jurgen - hate the inconsistency of looking at the whole competition last week but not now??

also very mild tea - a finalist from a few years ago was my parent's work colleague and apparently they hired a mercedes to drive to the tent every week?!
Well don't just leave us hanging! Who was it?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've not watched it yet this week, and probably won't now with that result 😤
Just wanted to pop in and say

#JUSTICEFORJURGEN

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Now that I know the outcome, I have watched the programme again. Paul spoke spitefully to Juergen, Chigs is getting a bit of a smarty-pants, Chrystelle is a pain and Giuseppe is smarmy. No longer care who wins, best man went home. And I now detest Paul, he is just pathetic.he should stick his handshake up his arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Now that I know the outcome, I have watched the programme again. Paul spoke spitefully to Juergen, Chigs is getting a bit of a smarty-pants, Chrystelle is a pain and Giuseppe is smarmy. No longer care who wins, best man went home. And I now detest Paul, he is just pathetic.he should stick his handshake up his arse.
Time he was replaced.
There must be other baking experts who could do the show.

Reactions: 12
My husband agreed with me when I commented on Paul being a dick and Pru seeming to bow down to him. Paul talks as if he has the final say on who goes and who is star Baker. His ego is bleeping huge, he is creepy and needs to be replaced.

Jurgen was robbed 😭

Reactions: 25
My husband agreed with me when I commented on Paul being a dick and Pru seeming to bow down to him. Paul talks as if he has the final say on who goes and who is star Baker. His ego is bleeping huge, he is creepy and needs to be replaced.

Jurgen was robbed 😭
He's a complete creep. Every series now, he's perving over girls young enough to be his daughter.
His son is about 19 or 20 I think. He must be mortified by his father's behaviour.
If he has anything to do with him that is.

Reactions: 14
He's a complete creep. Every series now, he's perving over girls young enough to be his daughter.
His son is about 19 or 20 I think. He must be mortified by his father's behaviour.
If he has anything to do with him that is.
I think Paul left his wife for a 22yo so I'm sure his family knows what he's like

I definately felt that Crystelle was a cert to get to the final - no way these days they would have an all man final. So I thought that Chigs was going to be the one to lose out cos I thought Jurgen and Giuseppe have just been too good.

I cannot believe that Jurgen was papped out!!! After the bakes, I thought that they would put all 4 bakers through to the final.

As everybody has said, it's not the first that when it's close they take into account the previous bakes. I suppose if they had done that, Jurgen would have won the whole competition.

I suspect that the producers also have a hand in choosing, so yeah photogenic Cyrstelle and lockdown Baker Chigs have a better chance than Giuseppe and Chigs.

I'm sure they'll invite Jurgen back for a Christmas special and he'll walk it.

As for the final next week - I'll watch it - but every one knows the best baker hasn't won.

Ps - I wasn't even that keen on Jurgen cos I thought he was too good 😂😂😂 But to put him out in the semi final just isn't fair!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder why Hoolywood didn't shake Jurgen's hand? Perhaps there has been a fall out behind the scenes?

Reactions: 7
Prue should have gone ahead and given Jurgen a handshake! She’s not second to Paul. The hand shakes have always made me recoil anyway. Really inflates Paul’s ego.

I think in this case they should have sent them all through to the final. They do things like that on Masterchef when they genuinely think everyone should go through to the next round.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I wonder why Hoolywood didn't shake Jurgen's hand? Perhaps there has been a fall out behind the scenes?
More likely Paul is an immature, jealous idiot who thinks he’s better than everyone, and couldn’t handle a kind gentleman who is as, if not more, talented 🤣

Reactions: 17
I think Paul was intimidated by juergens skills and the fact he is so loved! X
Ah I think this is where PH has messed up as he wasn't aware how popular Jurgen would be as it was filmed so long ago. I bet he assumed that as he himself didn't like him, nobody else would.

Not sure if been mentioned here but a lot of people think he took against him in German week. I don't remember but Juergen quietly told him that the challenge was wrong and not authentic - the equivalent of asking for a three tier apple crumble. I can easily imagine Mr Ego not taking kindly to that.

Reactions: 22
Gang, I’ve only just caught up and I’m full of rage.

Giuseppe to win!

I've been thinking about this, and something about the reaction to crystelle's showstopper bake just felt so staged and fake to me. It just seemed very convenient, I didn't buy it!
I think they want crystelle to be the next Nadiya and also didn't want an all male final, so Jurgen had to go :( maybe they didn't think he was good tv until the public reaction.
I've never been suspicious of it being staged before but this year something just feels really off! Jurgen did not deserve to go, you could see how shocked everyone was!

Reactions: 23
I came out as not being a Jurgen fan in the last thread but even I’m stunned he got the boot. Tuesdays episode had a weird vibe to me, Paul definitely had a problem with him 🤔

Chigs for the win. Leicester represent 😎

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.