Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laura has become more likeable as the series goes on, they all have in a way because they get more comfortable with everything and aren't as rabbit in headlights.

She is clumsy and I find it really strange because it just shows a lack of care for what she's doing to me. When she tried to take her cake out of the tin by pulling it up by the greaseproof paper and transferring it as if it wouldn't fall out the bottom I just thought there's being clumsy and then being idiotic (or potentially, in a cynical world, sticking to a role she's created for herself).

The conditions are the same for everyone in the tent so the heat etc. can't be blamed for how she is, she's just slapdash. Whether that's because she's not good at baking to a time limit or under pressure, I don't know, but she knew what she was applying for, and everyone else is in the same boat.

Yeah her flavours are good, she obviously has a good palate, but that has never been enough to win bake off, or carry someone so far. Presentation has always been crucial and yet she's constantly told things are a mess.

Reactions: 12
Fuming at this result!!
Is Paul off his head??
No way does Laura deserve to be there. .
I had Peter down to win but who knows now??

Reactions: 6
Laura has become more likeable as the series goes on, they all have in a way because they get more comfortable with everything and aren't as rabbit in headlights.

She is clumsy and I find it really strange because it just shows a lack of care for what she's doing to me. When she tried to take her cake out of the tin by pulling it up by the greaseproof paper and transferring it as if it wouldn't fall out the bottom I just thought there's being clumsy and then being idiotic (or potentially, in a cynical world, sticking to a role she's created for herself).

The conditions are the same for everyone in the tent so the heat etc. can't be blamed for how she is, she's just slapdash. Whether that's because she's not good at baking to a time limit or under pressure, I don't know, but she knew what she was applying for, and everyone else is in the same boat.

Yeah her flavours are good, she obviously has a good palate, but that has never been enough to win bake off, or carry someone so far. Presentation has always been crucial and yet she's constantly told things are a mess.
its weird because I find Laura more and more unlikeable, I find her really negative and moany and huffy and I don't enjoy watching her clips. In fact I don't really like any of the finalists this year! They dont have the usual calibre of bakers thats for sure this year.

Reactions: 15
its weird because I find Laura more and more unlikeable, I find her really negative and moany and huffy and I don't enjoy watching her clips. In fact I don't really like any of the finalists this year! They dont have the usual calibre of bakers thats for sure this year.
I understand what you mean, I don't like Laura but I find her more likeable than I did at the very beginning. Her attitude towards the technical annoyed me because she's barely known what any of them have been before, same as the others, so it just seemed like a sympathy tactic. She seems to wear her messy clumsy nature as a badge of honour, and I'm not sure she's really wanted to change it.

I thought you could tell the comments from previous rounds were going to Peter's head last night by some of the comments he was making about his own showstopper during the bake. Could have been youthful arrogance but it wasn't a good look.

Reactions: 9
I know you all are fuming but I am glad she was booted for the mere fact that she changed the bake the morning before and had not even made it once. Do that in the early rounds but not the sodding semi-final!

It struck me as arrogant and she thought she had it in the bag. Plus we the audience only go on appearance and as the judges say every week, Laura's may look like a sack of tit but they are always delicious. I do think I was alone in my Ha! when she was shown the door.

Peter is still my favourite and I hope he wins.🥰

You can all send me the angry face emoji now; I am northern and hard and can take it 🤣:mBut please remember you will be slagging me over a (rubber) cake🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Does anybody think Laura could pull it out the bag and win Bake Off???

I'm new to the series. Only started watching this year but I've gone back and watched the C4 series. And a couple of years, they've had brilliant bakers who've fecked it up spectacularly in the final.

Now Peter and Dave have both had bad weeks so I'm hoping they've got that out their system.

But you never know!!! May be it could all come together for Laura in the final 😂😂😂

I've not yet watched it but had to come on here for a cheeky spoiler!

I was absolutely wishing for a win for Hermine so gutted she's gone! It's got to be Peter who wins it now, surely!

Does anybody think Laura could pull it out the bag and win Bake Off???

I'm new to the series. Only started watching this year but I've gone back and watched the C4 series. And a couple of years, they've had brilliant bakers who've fecked it up spectacularly in the final.

Now Peter and Dave have both had bad weeks so I'm hoping they've got that out their system.

But you never know!!! May be it could all come together for Laura in the final 😂😂😂
Despite what PH says, I think in the final they look back as a whole for the winner, that's why I think Peter has it in the bag.

Laura is messy but tbh I think they are all under a lot of pressure. I'm very messy when I bake and am also clumsy as I am dyspraxic, I do wonder if Laura might be as well. Coupled with the time pressure I can see why that might make her clumsiness and messy nature appear worse. Plus I've seen some horrible abusive and fat shaming comments online (thankfully not here) which I hope Laura never reads.

David is excellent but hasn't had the same success as Peter. My guess though is that the final will come down to him or Peter but suspect Peter will just edge it.

Reactions: 9
There is never a spoiler for GBBO before the final . .
Believe me I look for 1!!
I follow the spoiler for Strictly come dancing . .
But then I read the last chapter of a book 1st too!

I had a thought late last night when I couldn't sleep - Jo Brand does well on Extra Slice, I kind of wish she could have taken's Sandi position with Noel so we don't have to have Matt Lucas wandering around fingering people's dough and making Pingu noises...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I understand why Laura cried at the technical. If you don’t have a logical brain and you’re not understanding instructions, you don’t think you ever will - couple with the time and performance pressure she had. She will have felt huge shame and embarrassment at not getting it. I would have been the same.

Hermine fucked up! Always sounds to me like Laura’s bakes taste really good.

I loved Matt and Noel going into bat for Hermine.

I think I quite want Laura to win because the other two are a bit prissy.

Reactions: 8
I actually gasped when Noel said Hermine was going (possibly taking it too seriously!) but I was sure she was in the running to win.
It’s hard to judge when we can’t taste things I suppose but I think the format is flawed really when one bad bake can send you home after weeks of consistently good baking. Maybe a cumulative scorecard as the comp goes on? As I said, I’m possibly taking it too seriously. 😆

Reactions: 3
Does anyone feel like Hermine self sabotaged, maybe she wanted to go home, I feel that wasn't her standard at all?

Dave is prus fav

Perfect peter for the win 🤣

Reactions: 1
I tell you what really annoyed me last night....Peter saying “I think I’ve got a good chance for star baker”. I’ve watched Bake Off for a good few years and I don’t think I have ever heard someone say that out loud. Think it yes. Hint at it yes. But say it on camera?!? Criiiiiinge. It was edited heavily to show Peter being really proud of himself last night, and fair play to the lad that he was confident in what he was doing but it wasn’t a good look. I said week 1 he’d win it and I still think he will but I find his attitude annoying. I don’t think he’d win if it was a public vote 🤣

Reactions: 11
I tell you what really annoyed me last night....Peter saying “I think I’ve got a good chance for star baker”. I’ve watched Bake Off for a good few years and I don’t think I have ever heard someone say that out loud. Think it yes. Hint at it yes. But say it on camera?!? Criiiiiinge. It was edited heavily to show Peter being really proud of himself last night, and fair play to the lad that he was confident in what he was doing but it wasn’t a good look. I said week 1 he’d win it and I still think he will but I find his attitude annoying. I don’t think he’d win if it was a public vote 🤣
I love Peter and don't find him annoying, but there was definitely something different about him last night! Me and my flatmate were joking that someone had slipped him a Xanax or some kind of relaxant 😂 He was acting very differently to the stressed out Peter from the week before.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We felt the same last night, especially when he asked them to try the last flavour in his cube cake 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10