Great British Bake Off 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seen Laura crying about trolls and hate online again. I personally haven't seen any personal comments, everything is just related to how she shouldn't have made it to the final. 🙄 I find her so jarring

There was some horrific stuff on Twitter last night and she's also had some very nasty DMs.
I know this as I spoke to her Mum about it this morning (I don't know Laura).

The stuff on Twitter was horrible.

It was beyond (far beyond) saying she should have gone home.

So yes she's experiencing online bullying and some nasty trolls. ...same as every year that someone goes through by surprise.

People forget there's a human being on the other end...it's nasty.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
There’s a big difference between saying on here we think she should have been sent home, and actively messaging her nasty comments about her weight!

Reactions: 13
There’s a big difference between saying on here we think she should have been sent home, and actively messaging her nasty comments about her weight!
Fair enough of people have been DMing her horrible
personal attacks but on here nobody has made comments like that just about her baking (all of which were justified). After seeing her say that this morning I searched twitter to see if I could see any of this hate she was talking about and whilst there was a lot of criticism it was all baking related (again justified). Cant make a comment on specific DMs as I don't know but she didn't seem to insinuate it was personal attacks as she referenced Hermine in the message.

Sounds to me like she just doesn't like that people disagree with her staying...

Reactions: 5
Anyone seen Paul Hollywood's post on his insta? Talking about people trolling Laura.
At the same time though everyone's saying Hermine had a bad week but Laura's technical was shocking it was a mess. Hermine was the only one who even did what they had asked. They were much the same for the signature and Laura's showstopper was a mess too. Maybe it tasted great but she has been scraping by every week and it wasn't just the viewers who seen that. For Paul Hollywood to say it is based only on that week is bullshit imo. I feel like the put more pressure on Hermine this week to do well than everyone else and to call her a failure and disappointing was really unprofessional and quite nasty from the judges, so Paul can take a leaf out of his own book on that one.

Reactions: 9
You must be very privileged if you’re able to think a fat woman who has displeased the general public has misread the abuse as simple disagreement.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Did anyone listen to the banter between Dave and Noel? Was it my imagination, or did Dave say the Prue paid for the silicone cake molds, and was sponsoring him. Or were they just joking with each other?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s a descriptor not an insult. Unless, of course, you’ve decided it’s an insult.

It’s a descriptor not an insult. Unless, of course, you’ve decided it’s an insult.
I'm just saying you're the one who has made this about her weight when that has never been a thing on here so I would appreciate if you didn't poorly try and twist my words to suit your own agenda (whatever that is). Anyway that'll be all for this conversation.

Did anyone listen to the banter between Dave and Noel? Was it my imagination, or did Dave say the Prue paid for the silicone cake molds, and was sponsoring him. Or were they just joking with each other?
It was a joke.

That's it in a nutshell, in a way she's been fortunate as ever week tnat she's struggled, another baker has produced something inedible and this has saved her, Lottie's ice cream cake, Hermine's showstopper for example.

We are not there, we are not seeing anything unedited and we are not tasting the bakes.

Laura may be messy but so am I when I bake and I can't produce anything as wonderful as she does. I feel a kinship with her when I see her knock stuff over as it's so like me.

Personally I think Peter will win due to his young age and huge talent.
Absolutely agree with this. As much as I love Hermine and wanted her to be in the final, Laura's flavours won the day, both in the signature and in the showstopper. While Hermine is probably the better baker it all comes down to what you produce each week, and one bad week could see you go home. It was just unfortunate for Hermine that her bad week came this week.

I'm not a massive fan of either Dave or Peter but they both had an incredible week and deserve to be in the final.

hermine had a shocker of a week though, taste is alot and thats just about what saved Laura. Matt Lucas made me laugh at loud last night but I do find the antics of the two offputting and I'd say its a nightmare work around.
I thought Matt was lovely in the way he comforted Laura during the technical. He and Noel seem like such lovely guys. I love watching them but don't think I could cope with it if I was a contestant, it would be so distracting! 🤣

There was some horrific stuff on Twitter last night and she's also had some very nasty DMs.
I know this as I spoke to her Mum about it this morning (I don't know Laura).

The stuff on Twitter was horrible.

It was beyond (far beyond) saying she should have gone home.

So yes she's experiencing online bullying and some nasty trolls. ...same as every year that someone goes through by surprise.

People forget there's a human being on the other end...it's nasty.
And at the end of the day it's a baking competition. It's entertainment. Laura being in the final is not in her control, the judges have chosen her to through week after week, if people want to get mad, they should get mad at Paul and Prue, not Laura!

She seems like a perfectly lovely person, it's such a shame that what was probably a brilliant experience for her is being ruined by a bunch of Twitter fuckwits 🤬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
i really think laura should have left weeks ago and that has nothing to do with the fact that they judge based on that week only, because there were many weeks when she was the worst.
however, going anywhere beyond that is disgusting. people still don't understand what consequences their stupid bullying can have.
and i think it's lovely that paul showed her support like that. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can’t believe how much of a slob Laura is! When she was pouring that chocolate it just went everywhere! She’s so messy, it’s almost like a badge of honour for her at this point.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can’t believe how much of a slob Laura is! When she was pouring that chocolate it just went everywhere! She’s so messy, it’s almost like a badge of honour for her at this point.
I am messy when I bake...have to say I cheered and said "well done Laura " and laughed when she knocked the chocolate over. It was even better seeing her try and clear it up. She was covered afterwards...it's what I look like when I try and bake. I can't produce anything like her flavours though.

In fact when hubby and I watch we say "let's see what Laura drops or nearly drops this week" and we love her for it.

I am dyspraxic and I honestly wonder if Laura might be too...it would account for the chaos and clumsiness when cooking under pressure.

Reactions: 11
Just because is messy doesn't mean she is a slob.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just because is messy doesn't mean she is a slob.
She’s not a slob at all. I think she’s lovely. It’s a good job she’s a Samaritan volunteer. She has the tools to not let the nasty Twitter trolls destroy her. I hope she wins. She has more personality too compared to two male finalists.

• Heart
Reactions: 12