Grammar Pet Peeves

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If all the threads on Tattle I'd say the worst offender grammar and spelling wise has to be Katie Hayes. I get that not everyone is good at spelling or even cares how words are spelled but I've never seen anyone as bad as KH. Just atrocious.
I love the thread, it's hilarious but Katie's posts give me a headache.

Reactions: 2
I was sat. Hate this. It's I was sitting.

Where I live a lot of people say "You was there" not "you were there." After 20 years in the area it still grates.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
People who say "brought" instead of bought. "He brought me a necklace for Christmas"......no, just no. Stop it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Things don’t really bother me tbh, what’s worse is when you’re reading a good Facebook argument and someone’s comeback is correcting them by saying ‘you’re*’ like oh God, you’re original

On tattle when you get a looooooong post with barely any full stops or commas. Like……

23E0A2E1-633F-465C-BA9D-C46B1A17795B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have been reading a few threads today and some of them I've had to stop reading, because I was so irritated by the amount of times people have said 'could of / should of / would of'. I don't know why this bothers me so much, but just wondered if anyone else has any particular grammar pet peeves?! So that we can be old and grumpy together haha!
I think that your post could have been improved by changing your opening sentence to 'I've had to stop reading a few posts today because....' 😉
But no matter, knowing your tit and knowing you're tit are just a very sad sign of the failure of education. It's really sad that children spend 15+ years in school and no one bothers to teach them how to understand their own language 😔
I try to ignore typos but have a massive issue with a regular poster who thinks thanks that 'an' is and, but that's my particular peeve.

Reactions: 8
I try to ignore typos but have a massive issue with a regular poster who thinks thanks that 'an' is and, but that's my particular peeve.
I've noticed that too an it's driving me crazy. Couldn't resist :p

Reactions: 4
When people say “I brought this dress from Asda” when they mean they purchased. If you’re bringing it somewhere, it’s brought. If you purchased it, It’s bought.

I’m fairly patient with some of the mistakes as I’m dyslexic so make a few myself but whenever I read that my brain just reads it and I think “you brought the dress to where”… for about two minutes before I’m like ohhhb

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What is an Oxford comma? And please don't say "Google is your friend." No he blinking isn't! ;)
A comma after the last item in a sentence e.g.

"Tattle discusses influencers, vloggers, and celebrities" = with Oxford comma
"Tattle discusses influencers, vloggers and celebrities" = without Oxford comma

Reactions: 3
When people say “I brought this dress from Asda” when they mean they purchased. If you’re bringing it somewhere, it’s brought. If you purchased it, It’s bought.

I’m fairly patient with some of the mistakes as I’m dyslexic so make a few myself but whenever I read that my brain just reads it and I think “you brought the dress to where”… for about two minutes before I’m like ohhhb
I’ll admit it took me years to know the difference. It was one of the words that I don’t remember being taught the difference between at school, whereas their, your, etc were all hammered in!

Reactions: 3