Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Grackle's vlogs - they're easy viewing. I do find her a bit intense and naive, but that's just her personality I suppose.

One major bugbear I have is that she doesn't appear to be that great of a baker? She's got a degree in the subject but doesn't seem to have basic knowledge of how certain ingredients work with each other, she always relies on other people's recipes and very rarely comes up with innovative ideas of her own... I don't get what her degree entailed at all because I can't see what makes her stand out from your average person following a recipe.

Reactions: 13
I really like Grackle's vlogs - they're easy viewing. I do find her a bit intense and naive, but that's just her personality I suppose.

One major bugbear I have is that she doesn't appear to be that great of a baker? She's got a degree in the subject but doesn't seem to have basic knowledge of how certain ingredients work with each other, she always relies on other people's recipes and very rarely comes up with innovative ideas of her own... I don't get what her degree entailed at all because I can't see what makes her stand out from your average person following a recipe.
I think she said in one of her vlogs that her course was more about the technical side of baking than innovation, and that she struggled with the creative side. I’m paraphrasing her, probably heavily.

She seems to me to be a great cook and baker generally but not too confident with trying her own stuff other than small adaptations to make it dairy free (at least on camera), I think it would be great if she did do some vlogs where she tried her own stuff though, I think she’d be a lot better at it than she thinks and it would be really great to see her progress with it.

Reactions: 8
T
I think she said in one of her vlogs that her course was more about the technical side of baking than innovation, and that she struggled with the creative side. I’m paraphrasing her, probably heavily.

She seems to me to be a great cook and baker generally but not too confident with trying her own stuff other than small adaptations to make it dairy free (at least on camera), I think it would be great if she did do some vlogs where she tried her own stuff though, I think she’d be a lot better at it than she thinks and it would be really great to see her progress with it.
That's what I mean though, she doesn't seem too technical! Fully agree it would be great to see her bake or cook more technical elements and explain it and progress!

Reactions: 1
I get the impression someone’s been reading here. In her last video she said how she’d not been to the shops in a week. And made a point of mentioning it was for essentials (female hygiene) and I swear she’s never ever brought that up before.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I get the impression someone’s been reading here. In her last video she said how she’d not been to the shops in a week. And made a point of mentioning it was for essentials (female hygiene) and I swear she’s never ever brought that up before.
I thought exactly the same thing!

Reactions: 2
T

That's what I mean though, she doesn't seem too technical! Fully agree it would be great to see her bake or cook more technical elements and explain it and progress!
She's used to industrial kitchens and big machines. There's a big difference between commercial and domestic baking.

Her oven at home is terrible. And she's previously said that whenever she bakes she gets people complaining about what she's doing, so she doesn't bother any more.

Or, you know, you people just don't understand her recording / editing / release schedule and keep assuming she's doing stuff in lockdown when in reality she's doing it before lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She's used to industrial kitchens and big machines. There's a big difference between commercial and domestic baking.

Her oven at home is terrible. And she's previously said that whenever she bakes she gets people complaining about what she's doing, so she doesn't bother any more.

Or, you know, you people just don't understand her recording / editing / release schedule and keep assuming she's doing stuff in lockdown when in reality she's doing it before lockdown.
Are you really getting defensive on a gossip forum? Leave if you can’t handle other people’s opinions jeez

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Limit trips to the shops has been the advice since day 1- she's not been stacking these videos up since last February. Yes, there was more freedom late last year, but we still weren't supposed to be going about willy nilly. Just because something's not The Law doesn't make it ok.

Her valentines vlog confused me because she said something like 'everyday we live we're one step closer to freedom' assuming she was talking about the lockdown ending. Not much freedom now with it but I assume when you're dead there's even less yet it just sounded a bit morbid not like something Grace would say.I saw someone else commented on it also. Idk, it was weird phrasing to me. Maybe she just lacks a filter sometimes lol. Anyway the lil cake she made was cute and I like the banter between her and papa booth.

Possibly! She has deleted a few comments questioning the same from both her insta and YouTube comments too, so like the boyfriend and Chloe stuff I think it’s not just us asking about it.

In terms of stacking content, in most of the ones where it’s been obvious numerous trips and people have commented, she’s also said stuff to date them (I doubt she filmed her veganuary content for example in December) so while some things might be old, I don’t buy it about everything.

• Wow

Honor, is that you? 😂

Yeah, ok fair if commercial baking is different. My opinion is that with a degree in the subject she'd be producing stuff of higher quality, however it doesn't impact my life so I'm not too bothered. Just musing.

• Haha
I'm so jealous of how effortlessly pretty Grace and Honor are. I've looked a mess this past year 😂😂
Me too, they’re both so pretty and Grace has such lovely well-behaved hair... I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards if I don’t spend ages on mine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Me too, they’re both so pretty and Grace has such lovely well-behaved hair... I look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards if I don’t spend ages on mine.
I've not watched Grace for a while. I was feeling really low and her positivity kind of triggered me 😂 BUT how tf does she braid her hair do perfectly? I know she's cut it recently, but when it was really long she always had a perfect braid right out of the shower. I need to know!

Reactions: 4
I've just noticed in her vidoes the past few months she's gotten alot more child like and I'm finding it quite annoying to watch. I loved graces older videos from this time last year and during the summer but I'm finding myself not wanting to click on her vids now whereas before I'd be checking her channel to see if she posted.

Reactions: 17
I've just noticed in her vidoes the past few months she's gotten alot more child like and I'm finding it quite annoying to watch. I loved graces older videos from this time last year and during the summer but I'm finding myself not wanting to click on her vids now whereas before I'd be checking her channel to see if she posted.
yeah ive noticed this too, it is like she is playing up to it rather than just being herself like before

Reactions: 5
I hope she doesn't turn into another Taz. I think it's just not really being able to go anywhere and being at home, plus the added pressure of keeping up with producing content now that she's gotten much bigger It seemed like when Jesse lived with them he would often be the one to tell her to chill, now that he's not there (and now Chloe has moved out as well) she's more full on. I would have loved to see her get to do more things on her own and go places and break out of her little bubble a bit, now it isn't possible 😭

Reactions: 11
I hope she doesn't turn into another Taz. I think it's just not really being able to go anywhere and being at home, plus the added pressure of keeping up with producing content now that she's gotten much bigger It seemed like when Jesse lived with them he would often be the one to tell her to chill, now that he's not there (and now Chloe has moved out as well) she's more full on. I would have loved to see her get to do more things on her own and go places and break out of her little bubble a bit, now it isn't possible 😭
Sorry to be naive but what happened with Taz?

Sorry to be naive but what happened with Taz?
I don't think Taz really changed over time, she has just always been very immature, always pretending she doesn't know what she is doing etc etc never seems to evolve/get better

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.