Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dread to think how much Grace earns from her social media career. £485 on a single train journey/experience? Christ on a bike. I watch videos like that and just feel like I’ve fucked up my life by choosing an NHS career!
I bet some of the things get written off as business expenditure though. Anything that features in the video could be a business expense, I think?

Reactions: 1
I dread to think how much Grace earns from her social media career. £485 on a single train journey/experience? Christ on a bike. I watch videos like that and just feel like I’ve fucked up my life by choosing an NHS career!
Ha same. That day out on the train looked like such a fun and bougie experience though, I've always wanted to go on the Orient Express and it had the same vibe! 😂 But even for a milestone birthday 485 quid for a train ride is just extortionate!

Reactions: 2
I bet some of the things get written off as business expenditure though. Anything that features in the video could be a business expense, I think?
Yes. Anything she features in a video can be written off.
But she definitely makes a lot of money with her views and it's super AD friendly, so I'm sure she's rolling by now. I don't understand why she hasn't bought a house yet.

Reactions: 3
Yes. Anything she features in a video can be written off.
But she definitely makes a lot of money with her views and it's super AD friendly, so I'm sure she's rolling by now. I don't understand why she hasn't bought a house yet.
She seems pretty content still living with her parents tbh

She’s probably saving for one but won’t move until she’s married/her and her boyfriend want to live together.

I wouldn't think buying anywhere having never lived without anyone else is a good idea tbh, I would assume (hope) she is saving a lot though

I don’t think she spends as much as other YouTubers with around the same subs? She doesn’t seem to have designer items as far as I’m aware? Molly Thompson who also lives with her parents only had 137k followers and apparently spends £50 a day and said £7k she spent traveling for a 4 months is less than she’d spend at home in the same time. I don’t think Grace spends anywhere near that? So I’m guessing she had a lot of savings

• Wow
I don’t think she spends as much as other YouTubers with around the same subs? She doesn’t seem to have designer items as far as I’m aware? Molly Thompson who also lives with her parents only had 137k followers and apparently spends £50 a day and said £7k she spent traveling for a 4 months is less than she’d spend at home in the same time. I don’t think Grace spends anywhere near that? So I’m guessing she had a lot of savings
I think you’re right there - she never strikes me as materialistic, just happy to try expensive things in the name of reviews which in turn creates videos that feel out of touch compared to her old content. I watched a few this afternoon of her more recent ones (the lowest vs highest priced hotel and afternoon tea) and I dunno, she just came across as someone who’s started to become comfortable with having a higher than average income for - really - very little work. I didn’t realise that you could write off these things as business expenses :) FWIW, I still like her content. It’s just a little on the nose sometimes.

Reactions: 10
I think you’re right there - she never strikes me as materialistic, just happy to try expensive things in the name of reviews which in turn creates videos that feel out of touch compared to her old content. I watched a few this afternoon of her more recent ones (the lowest vs highest priced hotel and afternoon tea) and I dunno, she just came across as someone who’s started to become comfortable with having a higher than average income for - really - very little work. I didn’t realise that you could write off these things as business expenses :) FWIW, I still like her content. It’s just a little on the nose sometimes.
while she may not be as marerialistiic as some she is definitely becoming more so, shw is always begging for gifted items as sp many youtubers do

• Heart
Reactions: 5
okay after watching her latest video, I’m picking up on what others said about her possible weird eating. Like why was there a cut every single time she ate one of the pick n mix sweets? it’s not like she was cutting out her chewing or anything- idk it seemed odd that she cut every single shot of her actually putting the sweets in her mouth

okay after watching her latest video, I’m picking up on what others said about her possible weird eating. Like why was there a cut every single time she ate one of the pick n mix sweets? it’s not like she was cutting out her chewing or anything- idk it seemed odd that she cut every single shot of her actually putting the sweets in her mouth
To think she used to have a following of people with eating disorders who aspired to have a healthy relationship with food like Grace. Was it a YouTube video?

Reactions: 1
The whole cutting right as you take a bit/should chew is very popular method among those crazy mukbang/eating challegen eaters so they don't have to eat the food, they spit it all out and they cut that part. Wouldn't surprise me if Grace does things like that. Like just putting in her mouth for the flavor and then spitting it out.

Reactions: 7
To think she used to have a following of people with eating disorders who aspired to have a healthy relationship with food like Grace. Was it a YouTube video?
Abi Sharp (who I'm not keen on) reviewed her diet a few years ago and claimed that Grace looked like she had a healthy relationship with food. Dunno if Abi would think the same nowadays.

Tbh Grace purchases/gets gifted so much food and snacks for content that I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t eat half of it, disordered eating or not. No adult would be able to consume the amount of sugary snacks she makes it seem like she does to her viewers. I have a hunch that she’s very wasteful in this regard.. she definitely throws out more than half of it.
Like there’s no way she ate all of that sweetie sushi from her recent video. It looked so rank!! If she wants her content to revolve around food she needs to do some baking, she has a degree in it and it’s what people want to see! No one wants to see you pretend to eat pick and mix!!

Reactions: 6
in this video!
I wouldn’t of noticed from that video tbh, I would have just thought she was just stopping it from dragging on for ages but thats out of context to when she also does videos buying a burger, taking one bite and then taking the burger home for her family! I live with my family and take things home for them, I’ve never come home with a burger with a bite taken out of it though 😂

Tbh Grace purchases/gets gifted so much food and snacks for content that I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t eat half of it, disordered eating or not. No adult would be able to consume the amount of sugary snacks she makes it seem like she does to her viewers. I have a hunch that she’s very wasteful in this regard.. she definitely throws out more than half of it.
Like there’s no way she ate all of that sweetie sushi from her recent video. It looked so rank!! If she wants her content to revolve around food she needs to do some baking, she has a degree in it and it’s what people want to see! No one wants to see you pretend to eat pick and mix!!
It's still her decision to accept it though. If you know you can't eat it all, there is always the option of declining or even giving it away to friends and/or family. It's still her decision to take 1 bite and throw the rest out.

Reactions: 8
I'd imagine she gives a lot of food she makes to people from church/family/ kids in her sister's school.

The sushi probably did go in the bin but other than that I think most of what she bakes herself gets eaten.

I also disagree that her cutting a video when she starts eating something is a sign of disordered eating.. I think it's just editing? I do think she genuinely loves food. No one has to post about food to the degree that she does, whether they have an ED or not. If she did have an ED she is for some reason also choosing to show herself getting food an awful lot when she doesn't have to. I also think her family and friends would notice and care about that sort of thing.

Reactions: 6
@polarbearninja Have you ever had an ED? I have and I can honestly say that some of her behavior was exactly me when I had one and I have heard it from many other people as well. Also, there are lots of different kinds of ED, not all are your typical ones. And just because friends or family members notice, doesn't mean they can do something about it / that things are going to change. I really (respectfully, of course!) disagree with the last portion of your comment. I don't say she has an ED, but you saying no she doesn't have one, I think is dangerous. I was food obsessed as well and I loved food. It's not that people with an ED don't like food....

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.