Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø If people slagging off her pajamas is the worst thing sheā€™s got to complain then she should consider herself lucky
I agree, I sometimes worry she is just too sensitive to have a youtube channel tbh. I would personally never just criticise something like this directly to them online, but it is not like a really personal criticism, like if someone had critcised something about her physically or something I get that would be hard to deal with, but even then really you have to think that you have chosen to make your life very public

Reactions: 8
It was in the end of one of her recent videos. She was going off on someone (or multiple people) who had been slagging off her horrid Victorian/gingham nighties. Like if you weren't pressed about it, surely you'd just ignore it? Was a bit weird.
It was weird especially as theyā€™re such a choice. If sheā€™d been wearing normal PJs I can imagine her being shaken by the comments but surely when you pick something like that, you kind of expect opinion to be split.

Reactions: 3
Canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve posted in her threads before but Iā€™m another one who used to love her but just finds her a tad annoying now.

I was watching some of her old videos last night and I think I preferred them because of the interactions with her siblings and the videos were just a bit more creative and she felt so much more genuine.

A while back she baked a cake and then knocked it on the floor and I kinda felt it was fake as her immediate reaction was to laugh. She didnā€™t look that shocked or pissed off and I know I would be šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 13
Does anyone else think Grace could be gay...? Do we know that it wasn't a girl that she matched with on an app that watched her content?

I'm quite intuitive with sexuality and the first time I watched her I totally assumed she was gay, or at the very least bi, and out. Was surprised to later learn she's from a religious background and seemingly super repressed...
I have no idea, but hasn't she always referred to being on dates with a man? (hypothetically I mean, I know she has said she has neverr been on a date)

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else think Grace could be gay...? Do we know that it wasn't a girl that she matched with on an app that watched her content?

I'm quite intuitive with sexuality and the first time I watched her I totally assumed she was gay, or at the very least bi, and out. Was surprised to later learn she's from a religious background and seemingly super repressed...
I presumed she was gay aswell but I have to say, that is a stereotypical assumption on my behalf based purely on the fact she isn't super girly, which I will be the first to admit is a terrible dated attitude!

Iā€™m intrigued by the dating apps thing, and her freak out that someone who watches her videos had found her on them.
When did this situation about Grace using a dating app happen and what happened? How do you know?
Did she talk about this, if so when?
Sorry I just havenā€™t been able to catch up on her videos lately.
Iā€™m surprised sheā€™s being active in the dating world if thatā€™s the case. I hope it isnā€™t because she sees her friends and siblings with partners.

The purposefully unattractive selfies in her stories are really starting to annoy me. Just take a normal picture Grace!
Iā€™m not the biggest fan of those either because sheā€™s a natural beauty without having to try. And I get that the purposely ugly selfie is to be ā€œquirkyā€ but she doesnā€™t have to do that. Itā€™s a shame she has changed to be more relevant. I hope that in the next while she will find her old self again, now that the restrictions have lifted.

Reactions: 5
When did this situation about Grace using a dating app happen and what happened? How do you know?
Did she talk about this, if so when?
Sorry I just havenā€™t been able to catch up on her videos lately.
Iā€™m surprised sheā€™s being active in the dating world if thatā€™s the case. I hope it isnā€™t because she sees her friends and siblings with partners.
She just said in one of her recent videos that someone who watches her videos found her on a dating app and it freaked her out because theyā€™ll know everything about her whereas she wonā€™t know anything about them.

I must admit that bit threw me because she really likes to rattle on about it being fine to be single and never had a boyfriend blah blah blah. But then again, she brings it up SO much that perhaps she isnā€™t fine with it after all and she is trying to get out there. It would be an interesting thing for her to document, especially as I always assumed sheā€™d end up with someone from church. But I doubt sheā€™ll mention it much tbh, sheā€™s very secretive these days?

Reactions: 10
But I doubt sheā€™ll mention it much tbh, sheā€™s very secretive these days?
I agree, she is v very secretive, she kept mentioning 'you never truly know what is going on in somebodies life etc' hinting that there have been some problems or events in her life that us, the viewer could not possibly understand. Which is fine, and I understand that she may not want to share personal family situations etc, but then don't mention it?

Anyone else wondering where she gets all her money from?! she doesn't seem to do that many sponsorships but is constantly out buying food etc?!
I wonder what her parents think of her 'job'?? they are clearly very hardworking as teachers, that is no easy job! Her sister is a teacher too and brother has a stable job, and grace just sits at home all day in a tracksuit! It is all a bit bizarre to me.

Reactions: 11
I agree, she is v very secretive, she kept mentioning 'you never truly know what is going on in somebodies life etc' hinting that there have been some problems or events in her life that us, the viewer could not possibly understand. Which is fine, and I understand that she may not want to share personal family situations etc, but then don't mention it?

Anyone else wondering where she gets all her money from?! she doesn't seem to do that many sponsorships but is constantly out buying food etc?!
I wonder what her parents think of her 'job'?? they are clearly very hardworking as teachers, that is no easy job! Her sister is a teacher too and brother has a stable job, and grace just sits at home all day in a tracksuit! It is all a bit bizarre to me.
If she is not paying rent she must save a lot, but I agree for how much she spends on food/petrol etc could she be earning enough from youtube?

If she is not paying rent she must save a lot, but I agree for how much she spends on food/petrol etc could she be earning enough from youtube?
It doesn't add up to me at all, she has just done a food haul on her food insta from Marks And Spencer and there is just soooo much food there. First of all it is all just rubbish but each to their own I suppose and second af all she must have spent about thirty quid on random snacks??? Surely adsence and the odd sponsorship doesn't give her that much money.

• Wow
No, her views are pretty solid - adsense would be paying her at LEAST a grand a month (I have experience working with Youtubers and had insight into their analytics). She may easily be earning, on a low month, Ā£1-2K a month, and she probably pays the bare minimum rent to her parents (probably just Ā£200, at a guess)

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I still donā€™t understand why if she has such a passion for baking sheā€™s sidelining it for YouTube. I know most of her videos are food related but itā€™s not really the same as becoming a proper baker which seemed to be what she was going for. I kinda feel like she lost direction once she finished uni and the unfortunate timing of the pandemic has got her stuck in a rut. She seems way too accomplished and not enough of an airhead to make YouTube her life.

Reactions: 14
I wish she did more baking videos tbh, as I have learned quite a few good tips from her!

No, her views are pretty solid - adsense would be paying her at LEAST a grand a month (I have experience working with Youtubers and had insight into their analytics). She may easily be earning, on a low month, Ā£1-2K a month, and she probably pays the bare minimum rent to her parents (probably just Ā£200, at a guess)
god I am in the wrong career!

I still donā€™t understand why if she has such a passion for baking sheā€™s sidelining it for YouTube. I know most of her videos are food related but itā€™s not really the same as becoming a proper baker which seemed to be what she was going for. I kinda feel like she lost direction once she finished uni and the unfortunate timing of the pandemic has got her stuck in a rut. She seems way too accomplished and not enough of an airhead to make YouTube her life.
yeah I couldn't believe she was making packet mix cakes!

Reactions: 5
Did anyone else interpret the whole 'someone found me on a dating app thing' mores that someone had make a fake account pretending to be her, not her actually using a dating app?

• Wow
Did anyone else interpret the whole 'someone found me on a dating app thing' mores that someone had make a fake account pretending to be her, not her actually using a dating app?
No, I think someone must have messaged her saying they recognise her from YouTube. I thought her reaction was very OTT, she's hardly Kylie Jenner famous šŸ¤£. So what if they know some stuff about her from YT.

Reactions: 9
No, I think someone must have messaged her saying they recognise her from YouTube. I thought her reaction was very OTT, she's hardly Kylie Jenner famous šŸ¤£. So what if they know some stuff about her from YT.
Yeah I don't get this at all, is it any different from her bumping into viewers in public?

Legit, I mean Iā€™m shook that thereā€™s many males out there watching Graces content, but regardless, she is a YouTuber and she puts her life out there - does she expect people to watch her videos then forget about what she does or says in them? I donā€™t get it. Itā€™s not like heā€™s a stalker, he just knows what you tell us. It makes no sense why this bothers her honestly.

Maybe she thought she was still small enough in the community that sheā€™d not meet people who watch her channel and itā€™s given her a bit of a shock? Only thing I can think of.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.