Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just for reference - unless a church in the UK is super traditional, they probably use Hillsong's music and have some loose ties to Hillsong. Most people in the UK don't see it for their religious beliefs, they just see a modern church that has modern music and attracts a younger audience.
oh right i see, funny she went to their conference assuming she knows how controversial they are! I do think her family seem way too normal to be anti-gay, i just thought the hillsong-attending was weird!

Reactions: 2
Doubtful she will tbh, she seems fairly enmeshed in it.
To be fair she does not go to their conferences that often (that we know of) and had no way of knowing then, it was more than likely just something her parents brought her to that she tagged along with and she has grown up in a religious home so it's what she knows. But I doubt Grace would still support Hillsong knowing what's come out. I imagine there's a fair bit of people in the church that were completely unaware and are now questioning their support and withdrawing it.

To be fair she does not go to their conferences that often (that we know of) and had no way of knowing then, it was more than likely just something her parents brought her to that she tagged along with and she has grown up in a religious home so it's what she knows. But I doubt Grace would still support Hillsong knowing what's come out. I imagine there's a fair bit of people in the church that were completely unaware and are now questioning their support and withdrawing it.
but haven't Hillsong always been known to be pretty extreme (obviously this latest issue is much worse) but I am pretty sure they have always been very anti gay/lesbian? https://hillsong.com/media-archives/hillsong-church-statement-by-senior-pastor-brian-houston/

I grew up in a "forward" church, one that regularly took us on trips to Hillsong events, and affiliated events through a "life church" like Grace's.

Everyone knew all along how homophobic it is.

This move to be "accepting" of homosexuality, is just that, acceptance. It's a case of "we know it happens we won't vocally bash you" but most still believe it to be a "sin". They accept it in a way that makes them feel big and forgiving. "Look at us being like Jesus and accepting sinners." They do not believe it to be a simple, inescapable, natural part of someone's personhood.

Reactions: 4
but haven't Hillsong always been known to be pretty extreme (obviously this latest issue is much worse) but I am pretty sure they have always been very anti gay/lesbian? https://hillsong.com/media-archives/hillsong-church-statement-by-senior-pastor-brian-houston/
This was from 6 years ago. So I'm not sure if their stance has changed since, I know they sort of clarified it by saying everyone is welcome after the negative media coverage from a few years ago but it's definitely not explicitly pro-LGBT either. It's obvious there were many issues with the church, long before these things were revealed. I doubt they can even come back easily from it. But I'm not sure you can say Grace is thoroughly "enmeshed " in the church just because she attended a conference. Honestly she seems really naive about the whole thing but I definitely don't think she herself is homophobic and hopefully after what's been revealed she will stop supporting them if she still is still supporting

This was from 6 years ago. So I'm not sure if their stance has changed since, I know they sort of clarified it by saying everyone is welcome after the negative media coverage from a few years ago but it's definitely not explicitly pro-LGBT either. It's obvious there were many issues with the church, long before these things were revealed. I doubt they can even come back easily from it. But I'm not sure you can say Grace is thoroughly "enmeshed " in the church just because she attended a conference. Honestly she seems really naive about the whole thing but I definitely don't think she herself is homophobic and hopefully after what's been revealed she will stop supporting them if she still is still supporting
oh no I don;t think she is homophobic tbh, she just seems a bit naive and maybe hasn't looked into any of these issues. I like her channel generally but she doesn;t seem particularly informed about news events etc imo

Reactions: 3
oh no I don;t think she is homophobic tbh, she just seems a bit naive and maybe hasn't looked into any of these issues. I like her channel generally but she doesn;t seem particularly informed about news events etc imo
Yeah, I also think she's grown up in a big bubble, yes she travelled a lot as a model but she is far from worldly. I feel like most of the people she's close to are from their church, it's not like she has frequent interaction with people from a wide range of backgrounds, really.

Yeah, I also think she's grown up in a big bubble, yes she travelled a lot as a model but she is far from worldly. I feel like most of the people she's close to are from their church, it's not like she has frequent interaction with people from a wide range of backgrounds, really.
I wonder if she is still in touch with people from her uni

I think she probably still is, in the video where she sent her friends a questionnaire to fill out she included some uni friends. I just don't think she sees them as near often as people in church or is as close especially now that she's out of uni. She also commuted rather than living in a flat nearby so it was probably harder to form close relationships with people anyway.

Reactions: 1
It's a difficult one to say, she isn't under any obligation to discuss LGBTQ+ issues, so I would agree that that itself doesn't suggest anything. However, I know there can be alot of homophobia in religious communites (but this is also not a given and there are plenty of religious allies), so equally who can know? Seems suss though with all the stuff to do with Honor and her views, saying as they are besties. The people you surround yourself with and all that...
Did honour publicise her views then? what have I missed?!

I’ve fallen a bit off the bandwagon with Grackle but this morning I was watching her “Tkmaxx, birthday meal, feeling meh..” vlog and when she mentioned she was going to Tesco I already knew she was gonna mention the GD “sanny pads”.
I’m in a same sex relationship with a woman and I swear to god we don’t buy pads as often as Grace does Jesus !

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve fallen a bit off the bandwagon with Grackle but this morning I was watching her “Tkmaxx, birthday meal, feeling meh..” vlog and when she mentioned she was going to Tesco I already knew she was gonna mention the GD “sanny pads”.
I’m in a same sex relationship with a woman and I swear to god we don’t buy pads as often as Grace does Jesus !
I think she just uses it as an excuse to go to the supermarket at this point 😂 she probably has a stockpile for a family of 5 lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This new dunking video makes no sense to me, why the duck do I need a Maryland cookie to hold for 37 seconds before it falls in my tea and makes crumb soup? I want to eat it not win an Olympic event bro

Reactions: 5
This new dunking video makes no sense to me, why the duck do I need a Maryland cookie to hold for 37 seconds before it falls in my tea and makes crumb soup? I want to eat it not win an Olympic event bro
LMAO papa booth said the same thing

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn’t even bother clicking on it, I’m not wasting 16 minutes of my life watching a video about biscuits 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I watched up to this point and then clicked off! So stupid 😆 Anyway I didn't get nice chill vibes AT ALL from the video and I didn't really understand the point of it so decided it wasn't worth my time!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.