Grackle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it’s just unfortunate, with this new variant it’s spreading like crazy. Throughout the whole pandemic I didn’t know anyone personally who caught it, the past month or so many of my family members and friends managed to catch it, not really doing anything out of the ordinary.

Hopefully she manages to enjoy her birthday regardless and can have a make up celebration at some point
Alot of the cases we are finding are in asymptomatic people and we are only finding them because we are testing people who aren't sick. That's probably why you didn't know anyone who had COVID, because they didn't know either.

Reactions: 6
What is the alternative though, that we just spend our lives prisoners in our own homes? Zero covid won't ever be a thing. As a society we have developed an unhealthy fear of *anyone* catching COVID when for the most part, they will be fine. It is normal for a 24 year old, healthy girl to pick up a virus. She hasn't done anything wrong.
Not to mention, wasn't she fully vaccinated? As she posted on tiktok about getting her first dose a month ago. Just goes to show even with the vaccine you can get it, I think even the most cautious of people that rarely leave their home are still susceptible.

Hopefully she will recover quickly.

Reactions: 2
Not to mention, wasn't she fully vaccinated? As she posted on tiktok about getting her first dose a month ago. Just goes to show even with the vaccine you can get it, I think even the most cautious of people that rarely leave their home are still susceptible.

Hopefully she will recover quickly.
unliekly she is fully vaccinated, she will have had the first, I am still waiting for my second as they are making me wait 8 weeks between

Reactions: 5
unliekly she is fully vaccinated, she will have had the first, I am still waiting for my second as they are making me wait 8 weeks between
ah okay. Nevermind about her being fully vaxxed then

Absolutely, it's just halls are the most common place I guess for people to meet a more diverse group of their peers which you can miss out on if you stay at home. No right or wrong way to do it, but it might explain some of her reluctance to expand on these controversial issues.

I also found with friends who didn't go away for uni that they didn't get to 'grow up' in the same way that those of us did. Even my friend who lived at home and worked 30 hours a week to support herself and her mum struggled with breaking out of the 'teenager' mould somewhat.
I am definitely drawing from stereotypes here (and some of the trends I, a queer woman, notice among gay men in the community), but since Grace took a gap year to model internationally... surely she would have worked with gay men at least occasionally? Even if she devided that this wasn't an industry for her, this would definitely have been outside of her bubble, and been quite different from both a school and uni environment.

I feel like in her clothing haul/ outfit/ "my family/ dad/ sister buys outfits for me" videos it comes through that she doesn't love certain types of more revealing clothing, but I always got the impreasion that this was something she applied to herself (as she should, her body her rights her choice) but not others. Same thing when she tries different diets. I would *hope* it's the same with sexual orientation and gender identity, i.e. that Grace gets to live in a way that feela good to her (without being pressured in any particular direction) and respects and accepts the rights of others to do the same.

Reactions: 8
Sorry for the second post in a row, but now that I've watched her covid vlog, ooof, being sick in the same household as one's parents sounds tough, both in terms of being even more isolated but I would definitely feel anxious about it, even with them having been vaxxed. Fingers crossed it all goes well, everyone in the household who is still well stays well, and the first vaccine makes covid a little easier on Grace.

Reactions: 6
I am definitely drawing from stereotypes here (and some of the trends I, a queer woman, notice among gay men in the community), but since Grace took a gap year to model internationally... surely she would have worked with gay men at least occasionally? Even if she devided that this wasn't an industry for her, this would definitely have been outside of her bubble, and been quite different from both a school and uni environment.

I feel like in her clothing haul/ outfit/ "my family/ dad/ sister buys outfits for me" videos it comes through that she doesn't love certain types of more revealing clothing, but I always got the impreasion that this was something she applied to herself (as she should, her body her rights her choice) but not others. Same thing when she tries different diets. I would *hope* it's the same with sexual orientation and gender identity, i.e. that Grace gets to live in a way that feela good to her (without being pressured in any particular direction) and respects and accepts the rights of others to do the same.
That is a very true and good point, I always forget she was a model (not meant to be a slight or because she doesn't look like she could be, but I only watch her very occasionally). She was quite young when she modelled though wasn't she?

Just got round to watching the COVID vlog and the bit where she says her trolls and haters who say she’s too energetic, is that us? 😅🤣 I never see any negative comments on her videos so don’t know who else it could be. Gosh even a little negativity and you are a hater, we’ve all said we still love her 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just got round to watching the COVID vlog and the bit where she says her trolls and haters who say she’s too energetic, is that us? 😅🤣 I never see any negative comments on her videos so don’t know who else it could be. Gosh even a little negativity and you are a hater, we’ve all said we still love her 🤣🤣🤣
I haven't watched the vlog yet but I'm surprised she is that insecure about it considering her personality! I guess there must be the odd comment here or there. Or maybe she does read here..

I haven't watched the vlog yet but I'm surprised she is that insecure about it considering her personality! I guess there must be the odd comment here or there. Or maybe she does read here..
I personally get the vibe she'd be hugely affected by even a scrap of 'negativity'. Clearly is if we are only on thread 1 of ranting and she's already mentioned it. The comments have been nothing compared to usual rant threads as well.

Reactions: 7
I personally get the vibe she'd be hugely affected by even a scrap of 'negativity'. Clearly is if we are only on thread 1 of ranting and she's already mentioned it. The comments have been nothing compared to usual rant threads as well.
yeah, she has mentioned in the past being really effected by any 'hate' not that anyone legitimately hates on her, that I know of..

Reactions: 2
I find it interesting how people define hate. If you dislike something about someone it's 'hate', like isn't that just life? It's funny how the most sensitive of people are the ones who choose to put themselves on a public platform.

Reactions: 7
I find it interesting how people define hate. If you dislike something about someone it's 'hate', like isn't that just life? It's funny how the most sensitive of people are the ones who choose to put themselves on a public platform.
Yeah she went on that rant about people not having liked her pyjamas (which were a real choice and the type of thing you'd expect comments on, not just generic ones), I think you're right she can't handle it.

Reactions: 5

In her most recent video she's mentioned that shes been watching Tom Daleys vlogs and that she loves him and his husband and their baby, wonder if she read this thread and wanted to let the curious people know shes not homophobic 😂 TBH even though she's christian she's never given me homophobic vibes at all, she does seem to very much shy away from discussing anything social justice/political at all on her channel but maybe she just wants to post silly videos, can't say I blame her.

Reactions: 12
In her most recent video she's mentioned that shes been watching Tom Daleys vlogs and that she loves him and his husband and their baby, wonder if she read this thread and wanted to let the curious people know shes not homophobic 😂 TBH even though she's christian she's never given me homophobic vibes at all, she does seem to very much shy away from discussing anything social justice/political at all on her channel but maybe she just wants to post silly videos, can't say I blame her.
I would be shocked if she is homophobic considering their church supports LGBTQ+

I don't judge anyone who doesn't state any opinions but for some reason people tend to make assumptions if they don't. Although I think people mainly questioned her beliefs considering some of the things Honor posted (as she is her best friend).

Reactions: 4
I would be shocked if she is homophobic considering their church supports LGBTQ+

I don't judge anyone who doesn't state any opinions but for some reason people tend to make assumptions if they don't. Although I think people mainly questioned her beliefs considering some of the things Honor posted (as she is her best friend).
Ithink (and this is based more on my opinion than anything) it is based on the fact that her church seems to be one of these kind of born again/new age ish ones which tend to be very conservative

How do you know her church supports gays? I remember in one of her vlogs from a couple of years ago she went with her family to a massive Hillsong church conference in the O2 arena. They are a famous evangelical megachurch, popular with celebrities in america and openly homophobic, there was some drama between ellen page and chris pratt who is a member of the church a few years ago. So I assumed the church she attends weekly would be a similar vibe!

Reactions: 3
Ithink (and this is based more on my opinion than anything) it is based on the fact that her church seems to be one of these kind of born again/new age ish ones which tend to be very conservative
I used to attend a very similar vibe church when I was a teenager and they're usually conservative re sex before marriage. Whenever questions were asked about god accepting LGBT+ people the answers were always quite positive. I'm sure there were members who aren't accepting but the message they gave out was that they were

How do you know her church supports gays? I remember in one of her vlogs from a couple of years ago she went with her family to a massive Hillsong church conference in the O2 arena. They are a famous evangelical megachurch, popular with celebrities in america and openly homophobic, there was some drama between ellen page and chris pratt who is a member of the church a few years ago. So I assumed the church she attends weekly would be a similar vibe!
Their church is more of a smaller, nondenominational church than evangelical megachurch, and it does not appear to be (at least directly) affiliated with Hillsong. Although it is part of the international network of churches that doesn’t explicitly affirm lgbt and I can’t speak for everyone that goes to the church, their church is marketed as one that’s multicultural and very modern and welcoming to everyone. They posted about international women’s day on their Instagram and there are lgbt that attend. I doubt they are the type of church to rail against lgbt and proclaim it as sinful. The wording on their website is very much "God's word" and every part of scripture being important and I can see how that could make it look more conservative and focused on how to proselytise but nothing stood out to me on their social media, I think what they post is pretty innocuous.

I know someone else said it, but I should add that the school both her parents work at is openly supportive of LGBT and Grace has acknowledged a lesbian couple before on her social media in a very positive way. I doubt they would attend a church that is openly anti-LGBT. Granted it is not the type of church I would probably attend frequently but it appears to work for them and something they enjoy.

Reactions: 4
Just for reference - unless a church in the UK is super traditional, they probably use Hillsong's music and have some loose ties to Hillsong. Most people in the UK don't see it for their religious beliefs, they just see a modern church that has modern music and attracts a younger audience.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.