Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
How is she getting away with this shit? Somebody please stop her giving this awful and dangerous advice!

This side of her is what disgusts me the most. She’s doing actual bodily harm to women who look up to her. Not to mention her bullshit baths full of flowers and steaming her vag to let out the trauma is a replacement for ACTUAL healthiness and proper self care, like exercising and eating vegetables. FFS. It makes me so angry.
Agreed I wrote an essay on this thread about my ovarian cancer experience & how dangerous she is telling women that heavy bleeds are due to trauma or energy, my heavy periods were due to tumours that destroyed an ovary and half my eggs, I'm really lucky I had one left to conceive with... She's SO dangerous suggesting you can get one test that ticks off all your body as healthy, you just can't, if I'm under one of the best cancer care trusts in the country, with a world leading teaching surgeon, my case discussed at big multidisciplinary board things cos it's a rarity, and they can't do a quick binary test like yay/nay then how does she propose some shit private clinic in zone 15 can for £120? I'm currently going through a second scare whilst pregnant and they literally can't tell me one way or another because it's not a binary on/off switch like that. I'll have to go to the women's health clinic to find out lmaooo they'll save the NHS a fortune x

The thing is if she is pregnant I pray she keeps quiet on the health front because it'll be dangerous for so many women. You can refuse a lot of your monitoring/care if you want to & I hope she doesn't advocate for not allowing them to do the diabetes testing etc because it's ~institutionalised patphobia~ and she knows her body better so doesn't need it, etc, etc. It's a really scary time for a lot of women & for most women, probably the first time they're really having thorough NHS treatment, and you just have to be brave and not be scared at points - I'd hate for Grace to be in their ear telling them it's okay to reject care as long as you go home and burn some sage in your tiny studio flat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

working9-5

Chatty Member
Jesus Christ. Having a non ‘creator’ job can also have a detrimental affect on your mental health. If I don’t do my job properly, I’ll get sacked.
People have lost jobs and are dying and she posts this?? FFS

Reactions: 19
I’m sorry but that is not a valid point AT ALL. I’m a size 16/18 but sometimes like to buy smaller sizes because I like a tighter fit, it’s the same thing as people buying oversized. Plus size women need to stop trying to police what size clothes people buy with their own hard earned money and shaming people for up cycling them. If finding clothes was such a massive issue why not just lose weight instead of telling people ‘oh you can’t buy this its for plus size women only’
Being a size 16/18 and buying smaller sizes is clearly not the same as a size 10 girl buying a size 20 t shirt to cut up and turn into a dress, for example. Plus size women already have a hard time finding clothes that do not resemble flowery tents, so it’s not really fair for slimmer girls to buy bigger clothes just to cut them up. It’s different if they’re buying them to wear as oversized, as the item is staying as its original size.

Are you being deliberately dense? You can’t tell plus sized women to just lose weight if they’re not happy with the range of clothes on offer. There is such a thing as inclusivity. Even if a larger woman did decide to try and lose weight so that she could have more clothing options, what is she supposed to do in the meantime - just walk around naked? You’re a 16/18 which is plus sized for many retailers, so maybe have a bit more respect.

• Heart
  • Haha

ekl2000

VIP Member
“Retreated to my white rectangle of solace to recharge my internal zen while I contemplate how to over romanticise every bullshit second of the rest of my day.”

• Haha

Elisesya

Chatty Member
This girl really has a nerve posting this.
823DFD4E-F505-47A2-9140-B038EA5B10CD.jpeg
“Dying for a break” like really!!? She literally hasn’t done anything. And to think of all the key workers, NHS staff, supermarket workers, teachers, child care workers and delivery people working during this pandemic and she’s saying she’s dying for a break. Madness.

All these ‘influencers’ are really showing their true colours. Still promoting ads for non essential items like clothing when many warehouse workers are raising concerns over their actual safety.
Influencers like Grace just don’t give a damn, could they least give something back instead of wining about their missed holidays and posting ads for clothes. The very least she could do for her followers is post some creative content!

• Angry
  • Wow
Tbh I agree but will caveat it with this: on the WHOLE I think larger women (14+) can come under a lot of criticism for lifestyle & diet that are undue and fatphobia dressed up as “concerns for your health”. I personally believe that provided you eat ur fruit and veg, move enough, and live a productive and happy life your health is probably fine... however, as with everything this is to a point which I’ll get to! There’s also tons of scientific studies about how bad dieting (esp yo yo dieting) is for you & how it doesn’t ever work long term, I think we should all find peace in whatever size we naturally skew to and make the healthiest choices for us & our lifestyles (eg we can’t all do gynweth Paltrow vegan raw diets some of have jobs init). I know the fat acceptance / body neutrality / whatever it’s called now political cohort will kill me for this but I do tend to think that line is a size 18...

It’s clear Grace does nothing with her day. She’s not even got to wake up & commute which expends some energy. She doesn’t have a job where she’s gotta walk about and use mental energy (which is important too!). I think this has left her unmotivated too so she wouldn’t think to incorporate exercise into that day of barely doing anything? It’s that saying about if you want something done ask a busy woman to do it, Grace can’t even endure a period without sleeping through the week because she’s allowed herself to become so pampered in laziness. The rest of us have to toughen up and get on with our day else we don’t get fucking paid!

When you start getting to the point where you’re breathless etc doing an insta story there’s clearly a problem with your health. I think there are a few plus bloggers that fall into this bucket tbh because their “job” has facilitated a really sedentary isolated lifestyle and few of them have made sure to work against it to keep themselves healthy & sane. They are bad examples and their lifestyles make for uncomfortable viewing especially during lockdown, but also they’re safeguarded from criticism because it is such a political subject and you will get shouted down for it.

An essay sorry but funny how they choose which parts of extreme fat liberation they abide by, they’ll be the first to quote a bit of literature at you but will also be paying their rent with brand sponcon where said brand hasn’t made their plus range fully inclusive not features bigger models 🤷🏻‍♀️

Bearlouise

Omg this thing that she’s doing, making out that she’s been offered a place to study a top course at a really prestigious university is LAUGHABLE. Have you seen the website?!? The Berne institute is basically like the open university, but more expensive and less recognisable as an actual course. At the open university you study actual degrees, and it’s recognised with employers as a degree course. The Berne institute is fake, it’s basically like throwing your money down the drain... why didn’t she just go study an ACTUAL therapy course, she could’ve gone back to college first if she didn’t have the grades to get into uni, then eventually studied counselling and therapy at a real life university. This girl is nuts man, the way she told the whole internet that she was “offered a place” 😂😂😂 Grace you paid for some wack online course stop with the lies pls 😂😂

• Haha

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
She’s tweeted she’s working with Sky tv so they’ve been over and installed it for her 🙃 Imagine they chose someone who already PAYS for sky. That would be nice.

SO FUCKING DANGEROUS!!! What is she playing at with her advice?!

EDE54074-0BCE-4A99-8B7E-0B4B6525F594.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Genuine question. How would the baby grow amongst all the belly fat?
I am close to someone who was Grace’s size when she got pregnant.

Her pregnancy was very difficult - she had to go to a weekly appointment to have everything monitored. She developed gestational diabetes and had quite a few A&E trips (not entirely sure what happened each time).

The hardest thing for her was that nobody knew she was pregnant. Even at 9 months, you couldn’t tell unless you knew. That really messed her up emotionally, especially when her neighbours declared their shock at her arriving home with a newborn as they didn’t realise she was pregnant in the first place.

Happy to report she’s lost loads of weight now and she’s much, much healthier. She realised she needed to change for her child (something I don’t personally think Grace is capable of her in current state).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17