Grace Victory #7 Gracey Potter, the girl who lived

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Self awareness? Never heard of it

View attachment 1487401
Omg duck OFF! She doesn’t know she’s bleeping born! Today I’m off work & my LO in nursery to finally finish unpacking the house and omg I cannot tell you how luxurious this tit is, watching housewives and pairing socks, this is Grace’s life week in week out, plus nights of uninterrupted sleep! She’s not even paying for the childcare either! duck oooooofffff!

Also just to check I’m not insane - does anyone else’s mums/MILs not provide literal 1:1 mum substitution level childcare like this? I love my MIL and my daughter adores her (every morning wakes up and asks if we’re seeing nanny, grandad, or cousins today!) but she’s not able to provide the level of care I do? She’ll play in the garden and keep LO entertained whilst I do teas & coffees for everyone or make a lunch spread but I wouldn’t expect her to take LO out the house for a few hours so I could clean, tbh I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that? How tf has Grace trained her mum like this!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If I was her mum I’d feel so so hurt reading that :(
Right?! And how must Lee feel too? At one point he was essentially a single father to a newborn while she was in hospital and rehab, even facing the prospect of raising him alone. She’s got the biggest bloody village I know.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Also just to check I’m not insane - does anyone else’s mums/MILs not provide literal 1:1 mum substitution level childcare like this? I love my MIL and my daughter adores her (every morning wakes up and asks if we’re seeing nanny, grandad, or cousins today!) but she’s not able to provide the level of care I do? She’ll play in the garden and keep LO entertained whilst I do teas & coffees for everyone or make a lunch spread but I wouldn’t expect her to take LO out the house for a few hours so I could clean, tbh I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that? How tf has Grace trained her mum like this!
I don't think it's unusual for grandparents to provide proper childcare. My mum does it for my sister's kid one day a week when she's at work and odd times so they can have date night etc. But she doesn't have him on a regular basis when nothing else is doing. It's for work or one-off special occasions. Nothing like Grace's mum is doing!

Reactions: 14
And I bet she does nothing for her mother in return for all the free childcare she gives. Maybe buy her a few meals now and again!

Reactions: 14
Oh my GOD when I think she can’t post anything worse she posts that!!!! The person who has her child for 2/3 days a week max, he’s either at grandmas, her pops or aunties house every single week????

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah Grace is absolutely delusional. I also detected a note of jealously in her saying ‘that boy knows nothing but joy and fun’. I feel like she’s always saying stuff like that about her child, and it doesn’t sound very motherly lmao? She talks about him like he’s her baby brother or something, someone she loves and feels protective over and but also feels jealous and weirdly detached from?

Unfortunately it seems as though she’s one of those mothers who aren’t particularly maternal. She comes across as very much resenting having to be a caregiver and sacrifice any of her identity/autonomy. She doesn’t seem to take pride in the role at all.

Also the narcissism it takes to quote yourself in a tweet like that as if she said something so deeply wise and profound 😭. Not even getting into how deeply inaccurate her statement is. “The village never shows up” ??? But when your mum takes your son for multiple overnight stays every other week, what do you call that? Or when your sister does. Or when Lee and his friend take him out for the day. When you even fobbed the child off on Lee while he was attending his brothers university graduation because in your own words you couldn’t deal?? Obviously with Lee it should be a given, but she clearly has people in her life she can rely on for childcare.

The only way I could maybe understand what she’s saying is if she means the pressure of being the financial breadwinner? I got that vibe a few months ago when she was whining about how she wished she could just be a stay at home mum and not worry about having to work. Putting to one side the fact that her “work” is so nothing compared to most peoples full time professions. But also you willingly chose to settle down with a guy who makes less money than you? You chose to have a baby with a man who makes less money than you?? You made your own bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
At least cyprus has that emotional care from his grandmother. Best thing for him to be away from grace considering she cant consistently offer him that.

Reactions: 13
If i'm trying to be generous then I think maybe Grace isn't as recovered from covid as she likes to portray and she actually can't look after her child for long periods of time.

However, I've followed Grace and her sister for a really long time and they've always loved to push the 'me against the world' narrative and paint themselves as the hero/main character.

I do find that 'village' tweet completely galling though. 'It's always the mother' - she's not a single parent? She doesn't even have a relationship where her partner is out at work for long periods. It's wild. It made me think that maybe things aren't good between Grace and Lee

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If i'm trying to be generous then I think maybe Grace isn't as recovered from covid as she likes to portray and she actually can't look after her child for long periods of time.

However, I've followed Grace and her sister for a really long time and they've always loved to push the 'me against the world' narrative and paint themselves as the hero/main character.

I do find that 'village' tweet completely galling though. 'It's always the mother' - she's not a single parent? She doesn't even have a relationship where her partner is out at work for long periods. It's wild. It made me think that maybe things aren't good between Grace and Lee
This was my thinking too, but then she’s so determined to portray this image that she’s fully recovered which is weird. Every few weeks it’s ‘ohhh I’ve been to the doctors and they told me everything is Totally Fine now!!!’ It’s like she wants to portray two totally different narratives at the same time.

That’s a good point about Lee. I think that while he’s there physically - he’s never seemed particularly ‘checked in’ emotionally. I can imagine that all the decision making, organising and planning falls to Grace.

I’ve always said Lee seems like a passive participant in their relationship. When she was still doing vlogs (back before she got pregnant) it seemed like she was not only the financial breadwinner but that she did basically all the cooking and cleaning too (while Lee played video games). I think she naively assumed that having more and more kids by him would magic him into becoming a switched on fully committed partner.

But he’s not and never will be imo. He seems like a bit of a baby boy, lived at home until Grace snatched him up. In a sense she took a caretaker role with him, built him up and handed him a life on a silver platter (exactly as she did with Simon). And because she’s a control freak this dynamic is what feels comfortable to her. But now the stakes are getting higher and it’s probably really hitting her what life means when you anchor yourself to a man who isn’t really there. I don’t think Lee is a bad person or a deadbeat btw, he just isn’t a strong/serious partner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Omggg this woman is unbearable. Have to echo what somebody said above and marvel at the fact she thinks she’s so profound she needs to hop on Twitter and quote herself. How unbelievably out of touch.

Reactions: 15
She’s the village idiot, never mind the whole village. She’s so self absorbed and full of her own self importance. Self love is important, but it’s also important to recognise the people around you. She has more support than many.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Is it any wonder Lee won't get on one knee and ask her to marry him? Who would want to marry such a problematic narcissist?

Reactions: 16
TBH I’m not sure how to feel about all the Lee situation. Surely of you are not that invested in the relationship or not that serious why would you have another kid?
Surely he would know that unprotected sex can lead to possible pregnancy. He’s not 10. And she said this one was unplanned surprise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.