Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lexilex

I dont even know what i'd describe Grace's channel as in terms of content now; its not fashion any more as such, its not parenting/family, its just mainly what food G is craving, eating or planning to eat, moaning about holidays and complaining about Cyprus..
Taking her love of food into account Grace could have even pivoted her career towards food. She could have collaborated with experts, and looked at food that could help with her recovery. She could have collaborate with chefs to produce nutritious food for babies/family dinners and looked at improving her skills in the Kitchen. Instead of flogging Ella’s Kitchen sachets and frozen fish suppers. She often referred to her “ancestors”so could have looked into Caribbean food and their African & Native roots and how to make them. Grace is also an LGBTQI+ advocate she could could have worked with a range of chefs from those communities and heard their stories/and learnt their fave dishes. Though instead Grace prefers to sit on her arse and do the bare minimum in order to get paid and beg for freebies online. Grace is in a privileged position and many would be grateful to have the platform and opportunities that she does.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

EyeSpy88

VIP Member
Putting your child to bed at 5pm so she can have peace … having to count to 10 numerous times a day? He’s not even bloody 1… god help her when he’s walking and exploring!

• Heart

beans01

Chatty Member
3795836D-A24C-45C0-A5D6-1F1E5AB83069.jpeg
E7637997-A501-4487-95AF-0BA2CA42F382.jpeg

Wow she’s really utilising her ‘nearly died and survived’ story to the max. Grace honestly has nothing else going for her.

• Sick
  • Wow

Lexilex

Just sharing a rundown of Grace’s video. These are my personal views/opinions and I know everyone will not agree.

The part that I feel she was being honest was at 17:17 when she felt angry at everyone including her family for getting to spend time with Cyprus, upset at not breastfeeding dressing him and choosing his outfits. Feeling down and depressed and feeling like a victim and at times not feeling so lucky to have survived. I respect Grace so much for this part of the video.

However in the other parts of the video I feel Grace constantly lied and contradicted herself.

The idea of a person passing and them being at peace. Grace said she felt guilt/shame around survival, her tag line is “the girl who lived” and the whole I deserve this because I died. Grace also said “I am not special what has happened to me, has happened to a lot of other pregnant mothers.” She spoke about the energy that archangel Raphael personally gave to her during the coma and the need to “hold on”, all the prayers she received from followers and medical staff and the spiritual energy.

When asked about covid restrictions being relaxed, masks etc. Grace said covid is a very small thing (despite it killing millions of people) then proceeded to talk about how covid had a big impact on her/family then said she doesn’t like to take medicine. She also said she’s exempt from wearing a mask because of her lungs and can’t live in fear. Though said there is no physical damage to any of her organs despite just mentioning her lungs which have obviously been impacted due to covid.

Grace said she can’t have dairy and it made her sick when she was on tube feeding. Though in the same breath said when she could eat soft food she ate Mac and cheese and ate mini cheddars the latter definitely include dairy. She says she’s “not fussed by food”and has been signed off by her dietician but we’ve all seen the tweets about Sunday roasts, Chinese takeaways, chocolate, cheese and cream crackers, Mc Donald’s, Pret breakfast, red velvet cake and copious other amounts of food that doesn’t sound like someone who “doesn’t think about food ever”. Then she proceeds to talk about eating tuna sandwiches and jerk chicken & rice whilst in recovery.

I know that Grace has been though a lot and has lasting effects from covid, however I wish she would be honest. Talking about being afraid to die and wanting to be there for Cyprus which I completely understand. I wish she would take more care of herself, and personal accountability for the message she conveys.

• Heart

GlowGirlGlowwww

VIP Member
All her posts are literally about HER, when really there was just as much stress and trauma for Lee, her family, even the medical staff who treated her - I am medical and worked right through the pandemic and honestly to say it was gruelling for us all is a massive understatement. I just find her whole approach to it all very selfish. I am in no way trying to minimise what happened to her, there's no getting away from the fact it was horrendous but I also have often wondered about Lee's feelings in all this, I cannot imagine the stress and desperate times he must have gone through, first his parter in serious decline in hospital, then Cyprus' early emergency birth and Grace's subsequent coma. They must have been extremely dark times for Lee and her family. Then he has raised Cyprus as a first time dad too. A lot to unpack there for sure, she is lucky to have Lee imo.

I think Grace would be a lot more relatable to people if she included some of this, and showed bit of humility. I do often question whether Grace had a hard time bonding with Cyprus due to circumstances too.

Reactions: 29

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member

Breaking news just in: parenting is a full time role

Also duh. Was she expecting a break from... raising her child?!

Parent or not responsibilities don't just disappear because you're off work.
Umm maybe it’s just me but considering it’s her first Christmas with him, you’d think she would be relishing every moment?! Think back on last year, how it must have been for Lee, Cyprus, her family etc and just love this time?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

beans01

Chatty Member
7AE1E258-5F5C-44E5-9255-7B4677046FC0.jpeg
54F6C2FD-E2C4-4DF3-998A-0DCDCB0C6186.jpeg

8211F348-384A-4F92-BBC8-8EB1CF404FB2.jpeg

Snippet above from the article, and 2 screenshots from her IG. What absolute bull, she was mixing right before catching covid.
Whilst I think it’s absolute awful she caught covid and went through so much, she also hardly helped herself. Even recently with covid figures creeping back up, she still had many guest over for her baby’s birthday.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I really think she expected there to be a media frenzy. Interviews left right and centre, book deals, photo shoots, loads of new work and AD campaigns, millions of new followers etc.

Devitodorito

Well, called it.

Absolutely fucking idiotic to have had a big party when there is a massively infectious strain of covid. Zero fucking sympathy because she purposely put herself and her family at risk.

• Angry

fizzyjerk

Wait... Grace survived death?!

When did this happen?

She has LITERALLY never mentioned this before 😇

• Haha

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I cannot belieeeeeeve she has the gall to log on to twitter and complain that she hasn’t been sent a free box of doughnuts yet this year. What on Earth. And her loser sycophantic followers are now tagging doughnut companies telling them to ‘hook her up’. Bizarre.
Maybe she could send a load to the hospital that saved her and her child’s life?!

• Heart

Elouise92

I thought Grace would give us a break from the coma talk on Boxing Day I was wrong: View attachment 944400View attachment 944401

secondly if I was struggling to breathe there is no way I would be taking a selfie. To be honest this would be the last thing on my mind. It is not necessary to document everything and share it on social media. It is not necessary at all !
Fucking hell Grace, give it a rest. When I was 15 I was also placed into an induced coma, not much of a chance to live, but did. I have not once gone on about it or preached about being the ‘one who lived’, just grateful the doctors managed to save me. Does she really think she’s the only person this has ever happened to?

• Heart

Louby@21

Chatty Member
Thing is ICU care is probably the most thorough you normally get. It’s one to one nursing. You don’t get that in many other areas.

But she was in hospital at an horrendous time and that kind of care just wasn’t possible. Staffing was dire and many people were drafted to help without training in icu.But she’s alive when many others now aren’t.

I’m in the NHS and I’m very vocal to call out bad care as nothing would change if we don’t complain and raise issues but we’ve just gone through the most horrendous of two years.To be honest still going through it. If her hair wasn’t washed to her satisfaction and she developed thrush but came out of that peak of covid from icu alive she should be very great full because many in that ward didn’t!

She should also take a little responsibility for the fact she didn’t take covid seriously that got her there in the first place, although to be honest the she kind of dismisses the covid bit.

Lexilex

Someone earlier in the thread made such a good point about her use of words, she doesn’t want to say ‘good morning’ because morning sounds too much like mourning and ur words have power blah blah but then speaks such negativity over that poor baby
I’m sorry but I feel like Grace had a baby for the wrong reasons. She hoped that getting pregnant would force Lee to propose (that didn’t happen).To get lots of attention and freebies whilst being pregnant (she received a bit of PR but nothing out of the ordinary). Then to receive lots of business ops and money from a family YouTube channel (which has tanked). Finally she is attempting to desperately peddle her story of survival (it has been mentioned here even that had poor online engagement). I found it particularly sad during the cabin trip,Cyprus was playing with the pedal of the dustbin and Grace walked passed him and yet again called him a “feral child”. The poor child was bored and was looking for some stimulation. I have seen how aunties on social media like Rmarni and Daina interact with their nieces and nephews. Completely different to Grace they have a much stronger connection, play and show interest in the child’s development. Grace just grabs Cyprus when it’s for a cute photo op, she’s just so selfish.

• Heart

Samize

In the interview she said that love brought her back to life. She’s trying a bit too hard to romanticise a near death experience, in my personal opinion. I guess the thousands of other people who died from covid weren’t loved enough 🥲.

Anyways she can word it however she wants it’s her personal experience, but a little gratitude on live TV to the medical team who didn’t give up on her would of been nice. She really doesn’t get the privilege of having access to first world medics

• Sick

lc04050607

She’s really just a horrible, horrible person in my opinion. Absolutely foul. I’m so far past having a single ounce of sympathy for her and what she’s ‘been through’. What a train wreck.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Louby@21

Chatty Member
There’s a reason I don’t follow her.😡🤬 just reading that here.

Seriously the nursing staff probably had two maybe more patients each in ICU when usually it’s one. In an over full, probably understaffed or staffed with some that had been redeployed from other areas. In full restrictive PPE. In the middle of a pandemic where people were dying horribly on wards like hers daily and she actually has the gall to put on social media about luxury products. Seriously WTF Grace. But she demanded washes yeah course….

Does she still not understand the complex nature of LIFE SUPPORT. Never mind countless lines into her body keeping her alive with endless medicines. it is very complex as a nurse to manage the levels of cpap/bipap/ventilation. Plus the numerous lines making sure strong important IV meds go into the right ones at the right times.

She didn’t have thrush and a dodgy tummy because of not washing, she had it because of the strong meds she was getting that saved her life!! FFS.

I bet the nurses and medical staff who looked after her have very different recollections of her care. I mean if people that have gone through life changing severe covid don’t get the pressure on us NHS staff then we’ve no chance have we.

• Angry
Reactions: 27