Grace Victory #5 the girl who lived thanks to the NHS, but won’t give them credit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she know that you don’t have to share everything online?
Things like this IMO doesn’t make you “funny,OMG sis, so relatable “ but just plain stupid & gross?

Reactions: 18
Okay I know she’s been to hell and back but really it’s no excuse for not declaring her AD’s properly.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
“To show my love and appreciation for new parents” how is Grace showing her love and appreciation by advertising a voucher from a company that she has been sponsored to post about? Get your head out your ass hun, your not showing love and appreciation when you’re profiting the most yourself!

Also declare your sponsored posts :sick:

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Does she know that you don’t have to share everything online?
Things like this IMO doesn’t make you “funny,OMG sis, so relatable “ but just plain stupid & gross?
...While also drawing attention to the inappropriateness of it all.

Either be crude with no fux given or shut up.

She's always been one of those "omg! What am I like?!" types though. Making out she's so wacky (woo!) and unpredictable. Aoohhhh.. What's she gonna do next? Watch out Papa Lee!

*Eye roll*

• Haha
Reactions: 12
...While also drawing attention to the inappropriateness of it all.

Either be crude with no fux given or shut up.

She's always been one of those "omg! What am I like?!" types though. Making out she's so wacky (woo!) and unpredictable. Aoohhhh.. What's she gonna do next? Watch out Papa Lee!

*Eye roll*
There is just no place for sex toy talk with your partners parents, social media or not. Revolting.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Catching up on the update live she did and the noise from the school is horrendous!!!

Reactions: 2
Some of the stuff Grace says, like the things about being new parents so no time to make the bed etc, sure she’s just trying to be relatable but I do wonder if Lee is like ahem excuse me love but I was doing it alone for months and also worrying about you!!

Reactions: 25
Ok now, this is going to sound very rant-like, a bit troll/unfair criticism, and 100% my own personal issues. But the way she keeps posting about not needing a stick and finally being able to walk without any aids is really rubbing me the wrong way. As a young person who uses walking aids on a regular basis and needs a lot of help sometimes, her attitude when she talks about them for me feels so disparaging of those who do use them. Like everyone in life needs to be working towards not needing them at all, instead of actually acknowledging how they've helped her and they help so many.

Maybe I was just hoping that she would use her recovery and her, hopefully not life-long but at least long-term recovery and "disability" to help other young people. And also help with understanding and awareness of disabled youth and also variable disabilities.

Also the posts today about "I'm a priority and can't be seen until Jan" without any mention of why the NHS is stretched so thin or acknowledging their doing their best, saved her life and a lot of people have had essential appointments pushed, also annoyed me.

But I'm also hormonal so it's probably just me being sensitive. Thank you for coming to my rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Ok now, this is going to sound very rant-like, a bit troll/unfair criticism, and 100% my own personal issues. But the way she keeps posting about not needing a stick and finally being able to walk without any aids is really rubbing me the wrong way. As a young person who uses walking aids on a regular basis and needs a lot of help sometimes, her attitude when she talks about them for me feels so disparaging of those who do use them. Like everyone in life needs to be working towards not needing them at all, instead of actually acknowledging how they've helped her and they help so many.

Maybe I was just hoping that she would use her recovery and her, hopefully not life-long but at least long-term recovery and "disability" to help other young people. And also help with understanding and awareness of disabled youth and also variable disabilities.

Also the posts today about "I'm a priority and can't be seen until Jan" without any mention of why the NHS is stretched so thin or acknowledging their doing their best, saved her life and a lot of people have had essential appointments pushed, also annoyed me.

But I'm also hormonal so it's probably just me being sensitive. Thank you for coming to my rant.
I do agree with a lot of what you say, as a young mobility aid user too I recognise that she has a lot of internalised ableism in the way she’s talked about her stick and recovery in general so far. It’s no surprise really since she’s always been very keen on toxic positivity.

That being said, she’s new to this. I’m trying not to hold her to a high standard on this just yet. Nobody who is newly disabled can be a perfect advocate.

It’s human instinct to believe we can overcome anything with sheer willpower alone... until we learn otherwise. I really hope with time she might get a better perspective that stops making her sound so self-righteous.

I don’t think it’s true that she hasn’t mentioned why the NHS is stretched in the tweet today though.

The point she’s making is that our respiratory departments can’t cope with the scale of how many people aren’t recovering from Covid. It’s an important message that needs someone in the public eye like her needs to speak out on.

I don’t see it as a moan that she’s not being seen quickly enough - she’s emphasising that cases milder than her will be without treatment until well into 2022, which I'm glad she’s bringing attention to because it’s shameful.

It doesn’t mean we’re any less grateful to the NHS if we point out flaws in our own personal experiences with it, surely?

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just asking...

Does Grace ever pay for anything....all of her posts are gifted things....even a bloody sofa and sky TV

Reactions: 16
Sorry if I’ve missed it but does anyone know where they live now? Is it still in London? I assume they are renting

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry but there new place looks horrendous, the kitchen/ living space is so small and then they went and added the biggest (free) sofa they could find! It looks like the sofa is in the kitchen? Also the amount of free stuff influencers get is embarrassing, every time I see #gifted I cringe.

Reactions: 7
I think the post in itself, great. The post reposted by Grace after all Lee did while she was poorly, maybe bad taste?
F50C989B-092A-4D7D-90CF-869F84828DBD.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.