Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sleepingskies

0D73B87D-758B-4C0C-903D-DFAE6E145603.jpeg

Capitalism is killing us all! Buy my new book! Sponsored by Heinz! Going for a walk in my #sponsored clothes #gifted #ad

She’s really too thick to realise she’s part of the problem

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Louby@21

Chatty Member
Hmm watching a reel she filmed. Haven’t seen it all …but seriously almost blaming the icu staff again for her hair being matted, for having shampoo that she wouldn’t use as it’s full of parabens, the drugs like fentanyl were in her hair and the hospital energy too(urgh). They kept you alive!!

Grace was out and about risking catching covid at a peak while heavily pregnant with probable risk factors too and can’t even show humility that she survived when so many others haven’t. I’m really glad she survived and her baby has a mum but come on.

Funnily enough when swamped with more patients that they can handle, your exact hair care Isn’t a priority as long as you are clean and washed. Then in the next breath ‘oh I was gonna bleach it’ yeah cos that’s not full of chemicals and crap is it.

This always touches a nerve because NHS staff have worked so hard, we always work hard but just get on with it but this last 18mths has been another level. We are now slammed with other things and it’s summer with no let up, with covid admissions on the rise again too .
All that hard work that goes into treating people and that’s all they think!?

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Seven of Nine

Ok now, this is going to sound very rant-like, a bit troll/unfair criticism, and 100% my own personal issues. But the way she keeps posting about not needing a stick and finally being able to walk without any aids is really rubbing me the wrong way. As a young person who uses walking aids on a regular basis and needs a lot of help sometimes, her attitude when she talks about them for me feels so disparaging of those who do use them. Like everyone in life needs to be working towards not needing them at all, instead of actually acknowledging how they've helped her and they help so many.

Maybe I was just hoping that she would use her recovery and her, hopefully not life-long but at least long-term recovery and "disability" to help other young people. And also help with understanding and awareness of disabled youth and also variable disabilities.

Also the posts today about "I'm a priority and can't be seen until Jan" without any mention of why the NHS is stretched so thin or acknowledging their doing their best, saved her life and a lot of people have had essential appointments pushed, also annoyed me.

But I'm also hormonal so it's probably just me being sensitive. Thank you for coming to my rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Devitodorito

Was the baby premature?
Yes born at 33 weeks I believe

That retweet “her story is a book, a movie and a real life miracle”

plot: obese woman ignores lockdown restrictions, catches Covid, recovers because of the NHS

Reactions: 49

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
I can't get over how the baby is half mum half dad. Meanwhile I've got no pelvic floor and a clone of my husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Devitodorito

You can just imagine this still going on in 15 years time
“I saved your life, tidy your room”

“I saved your life, so the washing up”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210927-225253_Instagram.jpg

I'd say the link between covid and obesity is equally as important but let's not open that can of worms. Seems like she's happy to blame the media, the government and her pregnancy on getting ill and nothing else.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

eenyweeny

Ok unpopular opinion as it seems. But others got the same medicine and other kinds of help from health workers and didn’t survive. I mean that’s a philosophical question now about maybe fate or a psychological question about who maybe has a stronger will to survive, or a more fighting personality. Or there isn’t any reason at all. Fact is, G survived, other people with the same chances didn’t. In that, I agree with her.
What an absolutely pathetic thing to say. So insulting to those who died. Rest assured, a vast majority of those people would have had just as strong of a will to live. The fact of the matter is that as much as all NHS staff do their absolute best to help those in their care, some hospitals are better staffed, resourced and equipped than others. Add to that the fact that 90% of drugs only work on 30-50% of people. Massive pharmaceutical companies admit it and it’s common knowledge. Therefore, grace was VERY lucky to survive, and she played absolutely no role in it. I’d go as far as to say that her recklessness in the run up to her hospitalisation only served to her detriment.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Kirkle

The drugs/energy/parabens is all humungous bollocks, but I’d be annoyed if someone didn’t plait my hair if I was on ICU. Not a whole ‘do’, just plait it to keep it from getting matted, that takes 1 minute
My mother in law was in ICU for a long time, pre Covid, they shaved chunks out of her hair to put stents in to release the pressure in her skull, nobody in the family ever expected the staff to do anything to the rest of her hair - we were just pleased they were saving her life. It’s only a minute sure but they are seriously overworked and underpaid as it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Blueblue123

VIP Member
What happened to Grace was tragic but I can't help feel she loves it. In a Manchausan way (either faking an illness or relishing in being sick for attention).

She built up this whole persona of being a survivor from her eating disorder and sexual assault. I'm not saying those are things you just move on from willy nilly but she needed to always be in a state of healing so she could carry on being a recovering survivor.

Now with the coma she has an even more valid persona of being a survivor.

I'll stop there because I'm starting to feel awful. I hope others get what I mean and don't think I'm being insensitive to someone who's gone through A LOT.

I'm not downplaying what she went through at all, I just think she's enjoying the attention and status.

(I mean we've all done it in some way. When you feel unloved so you envision yourself getting really ill or worse so you can imagine the sadness it'll cause to the people who mistreat you and confirm that actually, you're cared for.)

Reactions: 41

Woodworker

I haven’t watched Grace in a very long time but when I saw she was in ICU with covid I wasn’t in the least bit surprised. I’m an icu nurse and have witnessed people with zero health conditions who aren’t the size of a house end up in our care! Cannot have the hole body positivity community these days, what started out as women recognising they don’t have to conform to media standards has turned into justification for being obese and unhealthy, and Grace has spent such a long time promoting this.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

Seven of Nine

Umm pretty sure most people knew pregnant people were at a higher risk?!!

Also, if I were Lee I’d be so hurt and angry about this comment.
View attachment 784129
This is almost the worst thing she’s said for me actually. The misinformation and total disregard for modern medicine you expect, the arrogance as well you expect. Blaming everything and denying any responsibility again you expect from grace.
But her family went through something almost, if not just as traumatic, lee doesn’t appear to work enough to earn as much money as grace, they were told she was going to die, Cyprus was born months premature and was in the nicu. Plus in the Uk the time she was in the hospital was the worst part of the pandemic for most of the country. And she can’t even be fucking polite about her family and partner “soul mate” the man she supposedly wants to spend the rest of her life with, who tried to hold it together and did their best when everything was crashing around them. Excuse my language but my blood is boiling

Reactions: 40

Devitodorito

Do what you want? Interesting because you said the exact opposite before:

“he must have some reflux issues etc if they are doing it early (and hopefully not just because they want to)”

Just admit you were judging and move on...
Of course I’m judging. I’m on tattle!

• Haha
  • Heart

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211108-134042_Instagram.jpg

Bragging about being in Harry Potter like the good old days. Nature is healing. Order is restored. 🙏🏽

• Haha

reader87123

VIP Member
I don't know why people rush weaning tbh, it's a massive pain in the arse. Sure, if you have been advised to wean earlier than 6 months under a doctor's recommendation, but I've always waited longer. There is no rush. People make up such BS excuses like 'my baby was staring at my food'. Your baby is of an age where they're curious about absolutely everything, it doesn't mean they're ready to wolf down a roast. Personally I think parents should wait until the baby can sit up safely in a highchair or similar, but that's just my opinion and I don't really care what people do with their own kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 39