Grace Victory #5 the girl who lived thanks to the NHS, but won’t give them credit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's got a leg brace on in her new insta post i think? and her left arm down again. kind of wonder if she had a stroke?

Reactions: 8
She's got a leg brace on in her new insta post i think? and her left arm down again. kind of wonder if she had a stroke?
Has she not mentioned that she had strokes? Or maybe I am thinking of someone else. Strokes are not uncommon with covid patients in icu.

Reactions: 3
I don’t know if she’s specifically mentioned strokes but she has talked about weakness down one side

Reactions: 5
The latest Instagram caption is “I saved your life and then God* saved mine”

no doubt the Covid complications will be blamed on “pregnancy” and the poor kids gonna end up needing hella therapy...being reminded by his mother that she saved his life every 5 mins till he moves out.

*cough NHS

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Her left side is obviously weak and to be honest I did wonder if she has had some kind of stroke while in the ICU. Her body must be battered. Let’s hope things get better for her.

This is why I get really cross at the covid 97% survival rate brigade: so many people will have life long health conditions caused by covid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
You can just imagine this still going on in 15 years time
“I saved your life, tidy your room”

“I saved your life, so the washing up”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
You can just imagine this still going on in 15 years time
“I saved your life, tidy your room”

“I saved your life, so the washing up”
I know someone like this unfortunately, guilt trips the kids for the slightest thing

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Yes it was definitely god that delivered a premature baby and brought your heart and organs back to life. I also don’t believe for a second that it was her idea to delivery the baby early, because that’s why she keeps claiming she saved his life.

I do understand that peoples faiths can often either decline or become even stronger during difficult times and it’s good that Grace is taking comfort in it, but her wording does piss me off can’t life

Reactions: 15
My husband worked on a covid ward for a bit last year. I understand people’s religions and faiths and I don’t wish to insult people’s beliefs, but it would have been down to doctors like him to decide the baby needed to born. It also would have been solely down to medicine, technology and the nhs staff that she is here today. How can she sing the praises of nurses one day but then completely forget the role they played because it doesn’t fit her Instagram captions. Such a kick in the teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm just going to say something and I don't mean for it to start any kind of debate or argument, but I've been reading this thread since Grace woke up and a lot of you don't seem to understand religion or people with faith. I am going to assume that majority of people here are all for religious freedoms, but whenever Grace mentions God someone comments that it has nothing to do with God.

When is the appropriate time for a religious person to believe in the power of God and be thankful, if not after a near-death experience? It seems like people are okay with people saying they are Christian/Muslim/Jewish and so, but you don't seem to understand that that comes with the belief that God has power on earth. This does not take away from the abilities and hard work of medical staff, although I do think Grace could show more appreciation to her nurses and doctors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
although I do think Grace could show more appreciation to her nurses and doctors.
I think most people base their comments on this part as NHS staff have been working incredibly hard for well over a year in dangerous circumstances risking their own health and often at the beginning having to isolate from their one family to care for others because of the danger of the spread of the virus.
She needed medical intervention so I suppose the most logical response to that is that medicine and medical professionals had a large part to play

Reactions: 22
I'm just going to say something and I don't mean for it to start any kind of debate or argument, but I've been reading this thread since Grace woke up and a lot of you don't seem to understand religion or people with faith. I am going to assume that majority of people here are all for religious freedoms, but whenever Grace mentions God someone comments that it has nothing to do with God.

When is the appropriate time for a religious person to believe in the power of God and be thankful, if not after a near-death experience? It seems like people are okay with people saying they are Christian/Muslim/Jewish and so, but you don't seem to understand that that comes with the belief that God has power on earth. This does not take away from the abilities and hard work of medical staff, although I do think Grace could show more appreciation to her nurses and doctors.
I believe in religious freedoms, if people want to believe that there is a man in heaven who has a plan for their life and ultimately decides whether to let them live or die then that's fine, of course the extension of that is that medical intervention is neither here nor there as god will determine that (in that sense I do understand those people who have to be taken to court to force medical treatment). In which case, fine, don't go to hospital, see what happens either way and thank your god if you survive. If you take a more moderate approach that a god helped the medical people people to be in place with the right skills to save you and those medical people did a phenomenal job, then it seems to me to be possible to both thank your god and your medical team for the part they played in your survival. It seems remarkable hubris to me to barely acknowledge the role that modern medicine played here. In the same way that comments about having something to live for (her baby) are super tone deaf as if everyone who died didn't have anything to live for or did but gave up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I think its rude imo to not thank the NHS, especially during covid when it must have been super difficult for the NHS staff. She also highlighted she was the one who apparently 'saved' her child's life, when we know full well that wasn't the case at all. Her whole post screams of arrogance. She can thank the NHS and God at the same time the two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I just think it’s weird that she claims to have made the decision to deliver the baby early, the doctors would have decided that, she would have just had to agree to give consent

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think its rude imo to not thank the NHS, especially during covid when it must have been super difficult for the NHS staff. She also highlighted she was the one who apparently 'saved' her child's life, when we know full well that wasn't the case at all. Her whole post screams of arrogance. She can thank the NHS and God at the same time the two aren't mutually exclusive.
I believe in religious freedoms, if people want to believe that there is a man in heaven who has a plan for their life and ultimately decides whether to let them live or die then that's fine, of course the extension of that is that medical intervention is neither here nor there as god will determine that (in that sense I do understand those people who have to be taken to court to force medical treatment). In which case, fine, don't go to hospital, see what happens either way and thank your god if you survive. If you take a more moderate approach that a god helped the medical people people to be in place with the right skills to save you and those medical people did a phenomenal job, then it seems to me to be possible to both thank your god and your medical team for the part they played in your survival. It seems remarkable hubris to me to barely acknowledge the role that modern medicine played here. In the same way that comments about having something to live for (her baby) are super tone deaf as if everyone who died didn't have anything to live for or did but gave up.
I agree with the points you have both made. My comments were about religion generally, rather than Grace specifically. Grace is an egotistical narcissist, she has thanked herself more than she has thanked the NHS or Grace. She has so much self-importance and a need to publically present herself as stronger/better/greater than she is, that most of the things she comes out with are clearly manipulated truths or full-on lies.

Reactions: 11
Honestly I wish I had faith sometimes. My Dad and Aunt died this year. I'm sure her belief in God brings Grace great comfort, and now she has been through a truly remarkable experience so it makes sense that she would feel even more drawn to it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I remember a patient who came into the emergency dept a few years ago..horrific car accident. He was like 19. Anyway, my friend was a reg at the time in ortho and when he told his parents they somehow ( still can't believe they did !) Saved both his legs they thanked god and didn't even shake his hand or the patients consultant / surgeon for a few mins 🙃

No it wasn't god. It was the surgeons. Feicin drives me up the wall. Thank god after sure but thank the surgeons who actually did the eh.. Work? 🤣😒 And they wonder why our generation don't believe lol.

But Grace - fair enough shes religious, each to their own. But her baby is alive.. thanks to the amazing NHS. She's just a class A narcissist. Nothing else. Thanking her consultant would take too much effort !

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.