Grace Victory #5 the girl who lived thanks to the NHS, but won’t give them credit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s great what Grace has achieved etc but I wonder why she never mentions that her son is also a survivor? It’s not as though she doesn’t share everything.

Reactions: 21
I haven’t followed grace closely for quite a long time because I honestly found the sanctimonious ‘girl who lived’ stuff a huge insult to people who have succumbed to covid and illness... but looking at her Instagram and seeing the progress she has made and being able to look after her son has made me bloody emosh.

Reactions: 18
I haven’t followed grace closely for quite a long time because I honestly found the sanctimonious ‘girl who lived’ stuff a huge insult to people who have succumbed to covid and illness... but looking at her Instagram and seeing the progress she has made and being able to look after her son has made me bloody emosh.
Same! The cheesy quotes and spiritual tit isn’t for me. But can’t not be endeared by her now

Reactions: 9
Grace looks really beautiful in the photos of her and Cyprus last shared to ig. I hope she is doing okay. I imagine she still is going through some really hard days. The video of her pushing the pram was very emotional. I am rooting for her to get all her strength back and make a full recovery.

Reactions: 16
Screenshot_20210605-093423_Twitter.jpg

Is she talking about her 7 month old son? And is she talking about what he eats, or how much he eats?

I won't deny there are some things that come naturally to us but already at 7 months she's deciding not to restrict his eating.

If he's stopping after a certain amount then duhhh babies have smaller stomachs they are literally limited. But once he gets to toddler age, maybe it'd be wise to pay attention to portions.

It's not "diet culture" to make sure someone has a nutritious, well rounded but not excessive diet. Many people don't eat according to a "diet"... They just eat.

Reactions: 35
View attachment 603810

Is she talking about her 7 month old son? And is she talking about what he eats, or how much he eats?

I won't deny there are some things that come naturally to us but already at 7 months she's deciding not to restrict his eating.

If he's stopping after a certain amount then duhhh babies have smaller stomachs they are literally limited. But once he gets to toddler age, maybe it'd be wise to pay attention to portions.

It's not "diet culture" to make sure someone has a nutritious, well rounded but not excessive diet. Many people don't eat according to a "diet"... They just eat.
looking at her and Lee they’re the ones with the food issues. I hope they don’t pass that onto the baby but odds are against them

Reactions: 32
Was the baby premature?
Yes born at 33 weeks I believe

That retweet “her story is a book, a movie and a real life miracle”

plot: obese woman ignores lockdown restrictions, catches Covid, recovers because of the NHS

Reactions: 49
Food before one is just for fun, they get all the nutrients they need from milk, so I would be reluctant to take current eating behaviours as indicative of anything other than the baby’s current mood.

Reactions: 11
Yes born at 33 weeks I believe

That retweet “her story is a book, a movie and a real life miracle”

plot: obese woman ignores lockdown restrictions, catches Covid, recovers because of the NHS
I thought he was.

So he’s technically not 7 months old then? I know he was born at when he was but he still had a couple of months of developing to do.

If he is eating, surely that’s way too early?

This is making way more sense in my head 🤪

Reactions: 2
Food before one is just for fun, they get all the nutrients they need from milk, so I would be reluctant to take current eating behaviours as indicative of anything other than the baby’s current mood.
Exactly. Kids that age (and even older) will eat rocks off the floor if it was possible. Soooo intuitive! 🤪

While I agree that sometimes our bodies can be miraculous at knowing and doing what they need to, in many cases they're really not. Otherwise the majority of us would crave fruit and vegs because that's what's good for us, but in reality a lot of us crave or prefer fatty and sugary foods and have to actively minimise how much we eat them.

Not because of "diet culture" but because we want to give ourselves a fair chance at life. I'm not the healthiest eater but come on, if I ate what I felt like all the time I'd either be facing an early grave or have multiple health issues.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Babies are incredibly good at self-regulation with food, so she is right there. Even very small babies will eat exactly what they want and nothing more. She could just be talking about milk.

Babies are eating nutrient-dense breast milk or formula. They don't need to overeat. And I find it weird to label it as intuitive eating.

Once babies are weaned and moved onto solid foods, it is essential to get them to eat a balanced, well-proportioned diet. I don't think that should be labelled diet culture. Some toddlers only want to eat dino chicken nuggets and jelly all day. Should we encourage that in the name of intuitive eating? Of course not.

Plus Grace seems to fail to realise that a lot of the processed food that we eat is manufactured to bypass our satiation receptors and increase appetites. Especially those high sugar and high-fat foods such as cheesecakes and doughnuts with little nutritional value.

If an adult ate salads and lean meats as the majority of their diet, they would too find it difficult to overeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Babies are incredibly good at self-regulation with food, so she is right there. Even very small babies will eat exactly what they want and nothing more. She could just be talking about milk.
Exactly. That's what I mean though. And it's partially regulated by their smaller stomachs and inability to burp themselves. But that goes out the window as we grow and we start to eat when we know we're not hungry until our bellows are uncomfortable. Babies are intuitive in a lot of ways too. Such as their natural ability to swim or not be afraid of certain things. But it doesn't mean they don't need learning or guidance.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know if I’m intelligent enough to enter this debate 😆 and also not a parent yet (3 months to go) … but doesn’t over eating also stem from good intended parents saying ‘finish your plate’ and ‘two more bites’ as some adults say they feel inclined to eat everything on their plate because of being told to do so in their childhood?
So this stems from parenting (I’m not suggesting these parents are bad or wrong) rather than diet culture!?

I would agree @wakametango that a lot of people are shamed for leaving food on their plates. It's better to just give smaller portions and then add more if you're hungry rather than forcing kids to clean their plates.

I've read Paul McKenna's hypnosis book and the CD (I Can Make You Thin) and one of the rules is not to eat once you feel full so never finish a plate for the sake of it. Learn to make portions suited just for your needs and don't eat again unless you're genuinely hungry.

Reactions: 7
Grace is doing so well on her recovery and caring for her baby. I wonder why they’re moving.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.