Grace Victory #5 the girl who lived thanks to the NHS, but won’t give them credit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I missing something? I don’t think he looks particularly like either of them yet
What are you getting at 👀 lool

He didn't look like any of them either but he's starting to favour Grace. But he has his own face more than anything. Funny as Grace and Lee look similar, you'd think their baby would be the spit of them but no.

ETA just saw her insta stories. He really doesn't look like them. But he has Grace's mouth. The little pouty lips.

Reactions: 5
I think he's the image of Lee and looks nothing like Grace.
I see she's done something to the poll now (unless that's just my phone) and doesn't like the fact people aren't flocking to say he is her mini me.
I guess she's grasping for absolutely any connection she can get with him as she missed the most vital moments of bonding. I think maybe I would do the same in her situation though.

Reactions: 19
I think he's looking like himself😂 a mix of his parents. Not all children are the spitting image of one of their parents (or a grandparent). He's so tiny, his facial features are yet to evolve. It's natural to look for comparisons though. We all think about that lol

Reactions: 10
I think having a moan about kids is perfectly acceptable as it shows life isn’t all peaches and cream with kids.
Between friends & on private channels, absolutely, to large public facing profiles I think it’s ghastly tbh. There’s lots of things parents won’t agree on and this is a big one nowadays, personally I don’t put my baby on my socials.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Between friends & on private channels, absolutely, to large public facing profiles I think it’s ghastly tbh. There’s lots of things parents won’t agree on and this is a big one nowadays, personally I don’t put my baby on my socials.
Neither do I. But if I’m having a bad day I may mention it but again I’m not a huge influencer. I think it’s based on how the wording is executed. Tbh she probably could’ve left the tweet without mentioning Cyprus at all and most people would gather she’s feeling tired with everything going on for her as well as being a new mum.

I did think when Grace was pregnant she was going to get a bit of a shock when she realised you can't manifest a perfect birth and breastfeeding experience.

I really hate this culture of idolising natural birth + breastfeeding, perfect if you want it and it works for you but that's not the reality for all (...most) mothers. Nobody should have to tell themselves 'a c-section is still a real birth' when they've been literally cut open and had their organs shifted about to deliver their baby safely. Of course it's real!

I wanted a ~natural~ birth and ended up having my son pulled out with forceps and a total spinal. Which was actually the best part of the ordeal as the pain stopped. IDK I just hate the pressure women feel. All birth is amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
‘ the pressure women feel’ . I think that’s more from other women?

as long as bubba is born and healthy that all that matters to a man

I did think when Grace was pregnant she was going to get a bit of a shock when she realised you can't manifest a perfect birth and breastfeeding experience.

I really hate this culture of idolising natural birth + breastfeeding, perfect if you want it and it works for you but that's not the reality for all (...most) mothers. Nobody should have to tell themselves 'a c-section is still a real birth' when they've been literally cut open and had their organs shifted about to deliver their baby safely. Of course it's real!

I wanted a ~natural~ birth and ended up having my son pulled out with forceps and a total spinal. Which was actually the best part of the ordeal as the pain stopped. IDK I just hate the pressure women feel. All birth is amazing.

Reactions: 6

You're absolutely right. I don't know if it's so much from other women or something culturally we are made to feel about ourselves. Although I have heard some mothers say they've had the easy option with a c section etc. As if major surgery is an easy option!

Reactions: 4

I agree somewhat, but there are definitely men that pressure women to avoid any or all medical intervention during birth. There are men that tell midwives that their partner doesn't want any pain relief or a c section even if the mum wants either. Obviously, the midwives are there for mum and baby so they will pay little mind. However, it isn't uncommon for controlling men to control the birthing environment too.

Doubt this is the case with Lee though.

• Angry
I agree somewhat, but there are definitely men that pressure women to avoid any or all medical intervention during birth. There are men that tell midwives that their partner doesn't want any pain relief or a c section even if the mum wants either. Obviously, the midwives are there for mum and baby so they will pay little mind. However, it isn't uncommon for controlling men to control the birthing environment too.

Doubt this is the case with Lee though.
Yeah, there was a YouTuber and their name totally escapes me right now, but her husband seemed very controlling like that. Everything he said was massive red flags, tit like 'when we're in labour', 'we're going to do it all naturally', etc. Are you duck.

Yeah, there was a YouTuber and their name totally escapes me right now, but her husband seemed very controlling like that. Everything he said was massive red flags, tit like 'when we're in labour', 'we're going to do it all naturally', etc. Are you duck.
Alex Ikonn was like that with his wife Mimi.

This sounds like James from carys and james

Channon Rose’s weird husband Travis? (Well, for the first one, he cba to turn up for the second one)

Crikey, soooo many controlling men 😳

Reactions: 8
Glad I found this thread as I was starting to feel I was just being a witch😂
I had never heard of Grace until she got covid.
I am glad she’s survived it but my god, she’s a strange one isn’t she? Putting her survival down to god and just being a super amazing out of this world extra ordinary person. Christ. I watched her live video and found it completely bizarre that she said it was all down to pregnancy, and absolutely nothing to do with her weight or race, despite obesity being proven to be one of the major risk factors?! And unless I’ve missed it she still hasn’t addressed that? And whilst I don’t blame her for wanting Chinese food etc, if being in a coma and nearly dying isn’t a wake up call to make some serious life changes then I don’t know what is.
Also as someone who works for the NHS with previous ITU experience, I found her comments about not caring about her hair very frustrating!! She obviously has no idea what being a ITU nurse is like, and with covid I can’t even imagine. All critical care staff deserve a medal after this, not being slated cause they didn’t look after her hair!!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I am glad she’s survived it but my god, she’s a strange one isn’t she? Putting her survival down to god and just being a super amazing out of this world extra ordinary person. Christ. I watched her live video and found it completely bizarre that she said it was all down to pregnancy, and absolutely nothing to do with her weight or race, despite obesity being proven to be one of the major risk factors?! And unless I’ve missed it she still hasn’t addressed that? And whilst I don’t blame her for wanting Chinese food etc, if being in a coma and nearly dying isn’t a wake up call to make some serious life changes then I don’t know what is.
Also as someone who works for the NHS with previous ITU experience, I found her comments about not caring about her hair very frustrating!! She obviously has no idea what being a ITU nurse is like, and with covid I can’t even imagine. All critical care staff deserve a medal after this, not being slated cause they didn’t look after her hair!!
Why should you or any other member of the NHS be “looking after” her hair? I wouldn’t expect anything except trying to keep me alive to the best of their abilities. Clearly you’re bathed etc, but we’ve no time for bringing in Vidal Sassoon, honey.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Why should you or any other member of the NHS be “looking after” her hair? I wouldn’t expect anything except trying to keep me alive to the best of their abilities. Clearly you’re bathed etc, but we’ve no time for bringing in Vidal Sassoon, honey.
Years ago I remember looking after a girl in her early 20s on ICU. She had long (bum length!) thick dark hair. We tried our very best to keep it in good condition but honestly there’s only so much time you have for that kind of thing when literally trying to keep someone alive....😬

• Heart
Reactions: 15
my thoughts exactly. During covid when the nurses are already going through significant strain, time constraints, tripling their workload and mental trauma, forgetting to look after a patients hair isn’t them not caring... very poor choice of words.

Even though she thanked the NHS few times after she received backlash on Twitter, I feel like her tone and couple of word choices in her tweets showed that she was really trying to hold back from saying something negative

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.