Grace Victory #5 the girl who lived thanks to the NHS, but won’t give them credit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been lurking on the past threads and wow as funny as it sounds, I didnt know Grace was such a narcissitic person :(

• Wow
Reactions: 3
tThere is now evidence to support weaning early can cause digestive issues later in life such as IBS, that’s why people get very judgemental about people weaning before 6 months. I had a baby in March and I’m in a baby Facebook group and anytime someone mentions weaning the number police instantly jump in about not weaning before 6 month
More risk of developing allergies too, if you start too soon..
Introducing new aliments is around 6 months (preferably not before, but can be between 4 and 6) and very progressively. Their baby is 5 months I think so it's not shocking to me, depending on what they give him. Honestly there is no rush but they probably got advice from the pediatrician (I hope). Maybe they think he wasn't taking enough milk? Mine were breastfed (even after diversifying food) so there wasn't stress about the quantity of milk, as they were growing "normally".

Reactions: 4
It is not like the clock strikes midnight at the 6 month mark and the baby’s digestive tract suddenly changes. I think going a couple of weeks either side of the 6 month mark is fine. All babies develop differently. My son was born at 34 weeks and we started letting him try purées at 5 months - go ahead and judge me and think I’m a terrible parent if you want; I honestly don’t care. Don’t have time for mum shamers.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It is not like the clock strikes midnight at the 6 month mark and the baby’s digestive tract suddenly changes. I think going a couple of weeks either side of the 6 month mark is fine. All babies develop differently. My son was born at 34 weeks and we started letting him try purées at 5 months - go ahead and judge me and think I’m a terrible parent if you want; I honestly don’t care. Don’t have time for mum shamers.
Of course you’re not a terrible parent! Come on, this is ridiculous. In Belgium pediatricians advise starting at 4 months, it’s ridiculous to assume all babies here develop allergies and digestive issues because we follow different guidance than in the UK 😛 mum shamers are the worst honestly 😴

Reactions: 16
Of course you’re not a terrible parent! Come on, this is ridiculous. In Belgium pediatricians advise starting at 4 months, it’s ridiculous to assume all babies here develop allergies and digestive issues because we follow different guidance than in the UK 😛 mum shamers are the worst honestly 😴
I just read in the site of the ONE Belgium, it's 4 to 6 months (ideally 5-6 months and never before 4). So it's not very different from the UK.
I am not in the UK either.

Reactions: 2
I am Belgian and have never heard from this website? I guess it’s for Brussels and Wallonie? Anyway I am from the Flemish part and recently had a baby and guidance is from 4 months so that they get used to eating solids and learn how to eat from a spoo , but like you said, up until 6 months is perfect. My point was that I don’t really see any reason to even discuss this topic. All parents do as they see fit and I don’t care what other parents do and will definitely not judge them for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am Belgian and have never heard from this website? I guess it’s for Brussels and Wallonie? Anyway I am from the Flemish part and recently had a baby and guidance is from 4 months so that they get used to eating solids and learn how to eat from a spoo , but like you said, up until 6 months is perfect. My point was that I don’t really see any reason to even discuss this topic. All parents do as they see fit and I don’t care what other parents do and will definitely not judge them for it.
Yes you are right. It's the Birth and Childhood Office who works with the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles.

They aren’t being judged for it? Christ people are sensitive around parenting . Do what you want as long as it’s an informed choice

Reactions: 4
They aren’t being judged for it? Christ people are sensitive around parenting . Do what you want as long as it’s an informed choice
Do what you want? Interesting because you said the exact opposite before:

“he must have some reflux issues etc if they are doing it early (and hopefully not just because they want to)”

Just admit you were judging and move on...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do what you want? Interesting because you said the exact opposite before:

“he must have some reflux issues etc if they are doing it early (and hopefully not just because they want to)”

Just admit you were judging and move on...
Of course I’m judging. I’m on tattle!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't know why people rush weaning tbh, it's a massive pain in the arse. Sure, if you have been advised to wean earlier than 6 months under a doctor's recommendation, but I've always waited longer. There is no rush. People make up such BS excuses like 'my baby was staring at my food'. Your baby is of an age where they're curious about absolutely everything, it doesn't mean they're ready to wolf down a roast. Personally I think parents should wait until the baby can sit up safely in a highchair or similar, but that's just my opinion and I don't really care what people do with their own kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
94BAC12B-6FE6-48C5-94BA-AFE973E71F40.png

So looks like she had a c section not vaginal birth and definitely it was another blow to her already extremely poor mental health and the perfect birth she had imagined.
I remember her talking about her birth plan, manifest this and manifest that.
I gave birth in February. Mine and Graces due date was like a week or so apart.
When my midwife was asking me for my “birth plan”, I just told her my only plan was get to the hospital and get that baby out as quickly as possible. Don’t care how really as long as he’s healthy.

I really hope she will get past all this traumatic experience.

Reactions: 27
This is only rly relevant to emergency sections tho.

There’s a whole cohort of women with elective for various reasons, preference or health. If Grace wasn’t in such massive denial that she was having a consultant lead pregnancy she’d probably have realised she was always going to have a section. Her own insanity around health & wellness is traumatising her now.

Reactions: 17
This is only rly relevant to emergency sections tho.

There’s a whole cohort of women with elective for various reasons, preference or health. If Grace wasn’t in such massive denial that she was having a consultant lead pregnancy she’d probably have realised she was always going to have a section. Her own insanity around health & wellness is traumatising her now.
Just because she was consultant lead did not mean she was automatically going to have a section that’s delusional! 😂 I was consultant lead for other reasons not related to weight and was told I could have any birth I wanted..

Reactions: 11
Just because she was consultant lead did not mean she was automatically going to have a section that’s delusional! 😂 I was consultant lead for other reasons not related to weight and was told I could have any birth I wanted..
You’ve misunderstood what I’ve written. I agree not all consultant led pregnancies = a section. What I’m saying is Grace refused to acknowledge that her weight put her at *any* risk - whether it was her lying that her community midwife said she’s low risk, her begrudging consultant meetings, her saying that her triage midwife “prescribed” a beef burger when she had a heart rate of 140 and had been in hospital for weeks - that has prevented her from realising what proved to be the inevitable for her. Hope that clarifies?

Reactions: 16
View attachment 587983
So looks like she had a c section not vaginal birth and definitely it was another blow to her already extremely poor mental health and the perfect birth she had imagined.
I remember her talking about her birth plan, manifest this and manifest that.
I gave birth in February. Mine and Graces due date was like a week or so apart.
When my midwife was asking me for my “birth plan”, I just told her my only plan was get to the hospital and get that baby out as quickly as possible. Don’t care how really as long as he’s healthy.

I really hope she will get past all this traumatic experience.
Ugh Grace just stop! All this tit regarding “natural” birth and “manifestation” is so toxic! I really don’t understand why giving birth through c-section would be a failure, like what?! You still put a baby on this earth! I even know women who brag about not getting an epidural, why? I gave birth last year, it was a vaginal birth and I asked for an epidural and it was the best decision I ever made, I absolutely LOVED it and would do it again tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Ugh Grace just stop! All this tit regarding “natural” birth and “manifestation” is so toxic! I really don’t understand why giving birth through c-section would be a failure, like what?! You still put a baby on this earth! I even know women who brag about not getting an epidural, why? I gave birth last year, it was a vaginal birth and I asked for an epidural and it was the best decision I ever made, I absolutely LOVED it and would do it again tomorrow
Sorry for the off topic !!
The moment I got pregnant I knew I will have an epidural. It’s a must. Im not gonna pretend I’m some kind of a superwoman. I wanna my pain relief and chill.
Yeah.... Right.
When I arrived at the hospital just for a check up because my contractions were getting pretty intense they told me I’m 10cm already. 10.
And “No sorry darling there is no time for epidural you have to start pushing soon”.
Well duck...
I died inside like twice. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The moment I got pregnant I knew I will have an epidural. It’s a must. Im not gonna pretend I’m some kind of a superwoman. I wanna my pain relief and chill.
Yeah.... Right.
When I arrived at the hospital just for a check up because my contractions were getting pretty intense they told me I’m 10cm already. 10.
And “No sorry darling there is no time for epidural you have to start pushing soon”.
Well duck...
My worst nightmare 🙈 but congrats to you! I couldn’t have done it 😅

Yeah.... Right.
Well duck...
Omg this happened to me!! I gave birth within 20m of getting to the hospital. My plan from the beginning was to get an epidural but was too late. I didn’t have time to change or anything lol (sorry off topic)

Am I missing something? I don’t think he looks particularly like either of them yet

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.